Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm getting close.I'm done with the driveshaft.1 piece aluminum Dyno Technologies balanced driveshaft installed.1 Che safety loop installed.Heat shields modified and back on.Headers and pulley are left.The exhaust is disassembled,need to take off manifolds,install headers.Then supercharger pulley exchange and install new tune and I should be rockin.Working 12's so it's a little every night.Got to be done by the tours.When I am done I will post picture of everything I have changed,I think you will be shocked.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Ok I'm getting close.I'm done with the driveshaft.1 piece aluminum Dyno Technologies balanced driveshaft installed.1 Che safety loop installed.Heat shields modified and back on.Headers and pulley are left.The exhaust is disassembled,need to take off manifolds,install headers.Then supercharger pulley exchange and install new tune and I should be rockin.Working 12's so it's a little every night.Got to be done by the tours.When I am done I will post picture of everything I have changed,I think you will be shocked.
07 I am impressed as to the amount you have accomplished with a bad hand. Heat shields modified for the headers I presume. Can't wait to see pics. I have alot of catching up to do.:rolleyes: Time is of the essence for me.:eek:

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
07 I am impressed as to the amount you have accomplished with a bad hand. Heat shields modified for the headers I presume. Can't wait to see pics. I have alot of catching up to do.:rolleyes: Time is of the essence for me.:eek:

It's a little slow goin,but I am getting there.My hand feels pretty good.Best it's felt in months.

I can't wait till next month!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
938 Posts
Hey 07 how are the exhaust manifolds coming , I would like to do headers as well ?

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey 07 how are the exhaust manifolds coming , I would like to do headers as well ?
I have only taken out 1 nut so far.I am working 12's so I haven't really dove into that yet but I will let you know.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

These 2 heat shields are for your cats,they get pretty hot.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
She's going to be a beast, 07! :D Can't wait to see her next month.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have only taken out 1 nut so far.I am working 12's so I haven't really dove into that yet but I will let you know.
12's? I did that when I was younger and don't envy you. Did make a lot of money but I'm impressed you still come home and work on your car. I get lazy when I get home. Bending over to get mine supersnaked. I just bought a 2007 V6 mustang (pony) to put some of the GT500 parts Carroll gives back in the conversion. Selling my commuter and will enjoy 28 mpg with a spot to put my coffee mug. Putting a aluminum driveshaft and cold air intake to see if I can up the milage on the V6. Got in black also. Felt like a traiter driving a Honda insight. You're Shelby will be awesome with your Upgrades. By the posts I'm sorry you hurt your hand. GGBIW:)

·
Registered
938 Posts
Hows the driveshaft coming 07. Has to adjust the upper control arm tonight was alittle sloppy so I tweaked the angle alittle and fixed the problem run nice.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hows the driveshaft coming 07. Has to adjust the upper control arm tonight was alittle sloppy so I tweaked the angle alittle and fixed the problem run nice.
I am done with the driveshaft(see post #1)I have both the exhaust manifolds off.I put the drivers side header on and then took it back off because I couldn't get the oil dip stick tube back in and then ripped the o-ring.I should have that done tonight maybe both sides.:D

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Done with the driver side header(thank you,thank you,thank you).Now I am going to work on the passenger side.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Well the weight is in. 40lbs on the stock drive shaft. I know this has been mentioned before but had to get my 2cts in. Replacement? Have not weighed it yet.:rolleyes: After all this is a holiday!:eek: Hat's off to our troops.:) :)

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
07 Figured out how to get rid of that unwanted weight. Get rid of the tranny!:D :D Second gear? Well can't weigh too much! Just trouble.:eek:

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
The fun never ends. Since the tranny, cats and drive shaft are out I have decided to try and catch up to 07.:) Just ordered Bassani headers, cats and exhaust. Have to make this second gear issue end on a positive note. Or at least a loud one for that matter.:D :D

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks, we troops always appreciate the support.

I tip my hat off to you SIR and the rest of the troops.I usually start a thread on every Holiday but been busy.You guys have been making big sacrifices at home and abroad.I want you all to come home.Sorry I am late.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The fun never ends. Since the tranny, cats and drive shaft are out I have decided to try and catch up to 07.:) Just ordered Bassani headers, cats and exhaust. Have to make this second gear issue end on a positive note. Or at least a loud one for that matter.:D :D

Well if you take all that out it will be really light.:D :D Well, it will all work out.My headers are in,still putting the rest of the car back together.Can't wait to start it up for the 1st time.I only have an hour or 2 to work on it each night but I am almost done:D :D :D :D I have been starting work at 2:30 am and my body and mind are stranger than usual.Shlbysvt, let me know when you are done with the headers we can swap war stories.Later...........

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Thanks 07. Luckily i've been home and able to get my Shelby. Soon it's off to the middle east i go, once again. 10 fingers and toes still intact. Haven't done much to mine, but when i get back, it's full throttle. Much appreciate all the testing all of you have done, and data provided. Hopefully i'll get the SuperSnake package before leaving, if i'm chosen. I wonder if there's any military discounts.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts