Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the videos that showed up in my Youtube Inbox. I'm sure they track what I watch and send me vids that they think I might like. Anyway, my first impression of this was, dang, that looks pretty darn good!

#1 of 1 2019 Shelby Super Snake F-150 755 Horsepower FOR SALE White Platinum with Black Stripes

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
31,661 Posts
I’ve seen some of these in person... you’d have to be a big Shelby fan to put that kind of money down on a performance truck. I like my off-the-shelf F-150. I also like my Shelby. I have no desire to morph the two.

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT500 2013 F150 SVT Raptor
1,048 Posts
I count seventeen times it says Shelby on the exterior!

·
Premium Member
6,598 Posts
Those Shelby F150's look like someone drove a box-stock F150 into the middle of Shelby American Vegas, lobbed 4 or 5 hand grenades into the building with it, and shut the door and ran...

Remember how clean, attractive and bad-ass looking the 99-04 F150 Lightnings were? These Shelby monstrosities are the polar opposite.

·
Super Moderator
5,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those Shelby F150's look like someone drove a box-stock F150 into the middle of Shelby American Vegas, lobbed 4 or 5 hand grenades into the building with it, and shut the door and ran...

Remember how clean, attractive and bad-ass looking the 99-04 F150 Lightnings were? These Shelby monstrosities are the polar opposite.
Tell us how you really feel, boss! :)

·
Premium Member
6,598 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Well at least they seem to have fixed the hideous wheel issue from previous years. Still not my cup of tea. The rarely seen Tremor package was my favorite of the modern, from the dealer, F150's. Short bed, regular cab, stripped down, but with the 3.5 twin turbo v6 ready for more boost and 4.10 gears for better acceleration. It was never really advertised, but if you went to the Ford site and built a regular cab shortbed FX series F150, this Tremor package appeared. With a low entry price they were perfectly poised for you to take them onroad or offroabd depending on your preference as they were available in 2wd or 4wd.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts

Lol. I was going to say that they look overcooked like the 2011 GT350, but, yeah, this is an apt theory.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Many of the SAI cars come off a bit tacky to me. I was personally never a fan of the KR or SuperSnake hoods. The Shelby1000 hood was so bulbous it was almost comical.

·
Premium Member
1,858 Posts
There was a black one at my local Ford Stealership. Price was nuts but I dug the blacked-out look of the Shelby F-150.

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,706 Posts
None of the new trucks lend themselves to the sport truck look. Everything has to have a ginormous 10ft tall grille on it, because I AM TRUCK.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts