Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I decided not to buy one of these beasts. I wanted one, I talked to the dealer about it, then I decided to not go through with it.

Instead, I got sensible (kinda) and ordered a new Toyota FJ Cruiser. So I'll have my Vortech'd Bullitt as my fast car (albeit slower than a GT500) and the FJ to drive around in the rest of the time.

At times I don't know which is more frustrating. Getting older and more sensible or not having enough money to not be sensible.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Barnaby said:
I decided not to buy one of these beasts. I wanted one, I talked to the dealer about it, then I decided to not go through with it.

Instead, I got sensible (kinda) and ordered a new Toyota FJ Cruiser. So I'll have my Vortech'd Bullitt as my fast car (albeit slower than a GT500) and the FJ to drive around in the rest of the time.

At times I don't know which is more frustrating. Getting older and more sensible or not having enough money to not be sensible.
You can thank Ford for limiting the GT500 production & also causing insane markups.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mustang Sally,
You need to take a deep breath, focus on the positive things in your life, and be thankful that Ford is creating such an amazing car. Sure, not everyone can have one, but that's the point. Is it theraputic for you to spend all your time on this message board ranting, raving, complaining, and venting your frustrations that Ford won't make 100,000 GT500's?
Forgive me for getting personal, but are you really a "woman"? I don't know many women who get so bent out of shape when others critique their posts! (As I'm sure you'll rip into me for critiquing your post). Aren't there any dodge message boards you can go live on and let us be?

·
Registered
22 Posts
hot2trot said:
Mustang Sally,
You need to take a deep breath, focus on the positive things in your life, and be thankful that Ford is creating such an amazing car. Sure, not everyone can have one, but that's the point. Is it theraputic for you to spend all your time on this message board ranting, raving, complaining, and venting your frustrations that Ford won't make 100,000 GT500's?
Forgive me for getting personal, but are you really a "woman"? I don't know many women who get so bent out of shape when others critique their posts! (As I'm sure you'll rip into me for critiquing your post). Aren't there any dodge message boards you can go live on and let us be?
Thanks for your concern... my life is filled with positives and I've been blessed in many ways. My ranting, raving and frustration is because I am PASSIONATE about cars... specfically, American muscle. Ford SHOULD have produced this car in enough numbers to satisfy MOST of its potential customers. Like I've said before, the Mustang is the average guys hotrod, it should be available and reasonably priced. The GT500 is the epitome of the Mustang, yet it is also, strangely, the antithesis. The proverbial dangling carrot.

I'm all man, bro. all man.

BTW: I like most muscle cars, be it DCX or Ford (Chevy, ah, not so much) So, your snide attempt to prod me with the Dodge message boards comment doesn't bother me one bit. DCX and Ford both make awesome cars.

·
Registered
1 Posts
MustangSally said:
You can thank Ford for limiting the GT500 production & also causing insane markups.
I have not seen any official press releases about the production numbers as of yet, I have seen rumors of 14k-25k. have you seen any press releases from ford that quotes approximate production numbers? and I also read they are going to produce them for 2 years? any validation to this? I am hoping that a financially troubled ford will leverage their gt investment and produce may more gt500's than anyone expects, that will be the only way I get one, so it is wishful thinking. Let me know if you have heard any offical numbers. they are going for crazy dollars on ebay right now there have been maybe 50+ run through there already, getting anywhere from 10k over sticker to 30k over sticker. thanks

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
bacchus said:
I have not seen any official press releases about the production numbers as of yet, I have seen rumors of 14k-25k. have you seen any press releases from ford that quotes approximate production numbers? and I also read they are going to produce them for 2 years? any validation to this? I am hoping that a financially troubled ford will leverage their gt investment and produce may more gt500's than anyone expects, that will be the only way I get one, so it is wishful thinking. Let me know if you have heard any offical numbers. they are going for crazy dollars on ebay right now there have been maybe 50+ run through there already, getting anywhere from 10k over sticker to 30k over sticker. thanks
I just got home from the Denver Auto Show, and they said 8,000 to 10,000 cars per year for 2 years. Every dealer that wants one will get at least one, SVT dealers will get two. The rest will be allocated based on share of nation. Non-SVT dealers have to pay $1,500 for a certification to sell it and take an online test. I ordered mine on 3/27 for $2,000 over sticker.

·
Registered
11 Posts
rpretzel said:
I just got home from the Denver Auto Show, and they said 8,000 to 10,000 cars per year for 2 years. Every dealer that wants one will get at least one, SVT dealers will get two. The rest will be allocated based on share of nation. Non-SVT dealers have to pay $1,500 for a certification to sell it and take an online test. I ordered mine on 3/27 for $2,000 over sticker.
This is exactly what Ford has been telling us. The only thing that I will add is that SVT Focus dealers will also recieve an extra GT 500. That means that a full line SVT dealer should be able to get at least four if I understand the program correctly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts