Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am overwhelmed
Drove my car 2 nights ago, got a system error on the dash and on the app - Powertrain malfunction
Drove to ford the day after met with the service dept manager, told me he saw the code - P0868 for Low Fluid Transmission Pressure
Took him for a spin, he could hear unusual sounds, like a whine sound

Told me the transmission will be replaced

100K Car, 1,200 miles, new transmission?!!!!
I took possession of my 500 a month ago, was only able to drive it for a day before weather got bad. Didn't hear anything while driving, but when I was in the garage and going from drive to park, I heard a little bit of a whining sound. Should I be concerned?

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT500, Shadow Black + White Vinyl over the Top, Recaro, Handling, Technology, Exposed CF
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hey guys, eventually transmission wasn't replaced
They found an issue with one of the pins, wasn't screwed correctly

They did however replace the fluid and the filters but it has such a backlog I will only get my car back next week (still waiting for fluid to arrive for the past 2 weeks)

I am mad

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
31,646 Posts

They did however replace the fluid and the filters but it has such a backlog I will only get my car back next week (still waiting for fluid to arrive for the past 2 weeks)

I am mad
That’s good news! When new/dry, the tranny takes 8 pints, which are priced at $50/pint!

·
Super Moderator
5,113 Posts

I am mad
Ugh, sorry to hear about your troubles. Well, I guess it could have been worse. That's little consolation though. Hope you get it back sooner than expected!

·
Registered
2020 GT500
4 Posts
I just saw this post and thought that everyone would be interested in my transmission code fault on a 2020 GT500.

I had the vehicle in park and was revving the engine near to the red line when the "Check Engine" light appeared on the dash. I turned off the ignition and then restarted, and the Check Engine light turned off. It did not turn on again. When I got home, I connected a code reader and found a past code of P0869 (Transmission Fluid Pressure High). This code never appeared again. I guess revving the engine in park (or neutral) is not a good idea...?

I seem to remember reading something about this transmission not behaving like the usual automatic transmissions with torque converters, that it is always connected (i.e., rotating) to the engine even in park...?

·
Premium Member
2012/2013 Hybrid
7,351 Posts
a little bird told me that biden is going to make all gas cars illegal in a few years and mandate electric vehicles.The government will also do an mandatory gas guzzler buyback (like the mandatory gun buyback they are planning!) and require us all to give up beasts such as these shelbys we all love.. god help us all!!!!!
That's ridiculous! We'll be expression our budget deficit in terms of quadrillions. I'm not doubting he would like to do something like that, but the policies he's setting today will limit what he's going to be able to do tomorrow.

Are these transmission failures occurring at low miles?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
31,646 Posts
I just saw this post and thought that everyone would be interested in my transmission code fault on a 2020 GT500.

I had the vehicle in park and was revving the engine near to the red line when the "Check Engine" light appeared on the dash. I turned off the ignition and then restarted, and the Check Engine light turned off. It did not turn on again. When I got home, I connected a code reader and found a past code of P0869 (Transmission Fluid Pressure High). This code never appeared again. I guess revving the engine in park (or neutral) is not a good idea...?

I seem to remember reading something about this transmission not behaving like the usual automatic transmissions with torque converters, that it is always connected (i.e., rotating) to the engine even in park...?
Interesting. I have been known to free-rev my engines, but I usually avoid going up near red line. I’ve always thought that wasn’t the best for the engine.

On a different note, please click your upper right avatar/account settings/vehicle details and enter your 2020. It then shows under your screen name, which helps in conversations here since we cover multiple years on the forum.

Reactions: fletchffletch

·
Registered
2007 Shelby GT500
18 Posts
I manage a Quality Engineering Department for an American automaker... you wouldnt believe the stuff that happens before you get the car and unfortunately sometimes immediately following a customer getting a car. This transmission issue is shitty, but not surprising whatsoever.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts