Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT500, Shadow Black + White Vinyl over the Top, Recaro, Handling, Technology, Exposed CF
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am overwhelmed
Drove my car 2 nights ago, got a system error on the dash and on the app - Powertrain malfunction
Drove to ford the day after met with the service dept manager, told me he saw the code - P0868 for Low Fluid Transmission Pressure
Took him for a spin, he could hear unusual sounds, like a whine sound

Told me the transmission will be replaced

100K Car, 1,200 miles, new transmission?!!!!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
31,646 Posts
I am overwhelmed
Drove my car 2 night ago, got a system error on the dash and on the app - Powertrain malfunction
Drove to ford the day after met with the service dept manager, told me he saw the code - P0868 for Low Fluid Transmission Pressure
Took him for a spin, he could here unusual sounds, like a whine sound

I have seen a couple of similar posts across the web. Hopefully the swap is painless and you get back up and running quickly! Please let us know how the swap goes.

·
Registered
2009 gt500 vmp gen3, 2020 gt500 magnetic, 1970 mach1 408 stroked, 1997 cobra awesome
333 Posts
Yeah there was a member on this site I cannot remember who. But he was literally on the way home from dealer when his tranny went out. I feel for both of you and hope Ford makes it right very quick

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dealer in east Texas left GT500 outside because of transmission issues, hail hit car and destroyed it( S.M. video) seems to to be a lot of trans. problems

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,646 Posts
Dealer in east Texas left GT500 outside because of transmission issues, hail hit car and destroyed it( S.M. video) seems to to be a lot of trans. problems
That really sucks!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Subscribed

·
Super Moderator
5,113 Posts
I am overwhelmed
Drove my car 2 nights ago, got a system error on the dash and on the app - Powertrain malfunction
Took him for a spin, he could hear unusual sounds, like a whine sound

Ugh. Sorry to hear this. Hope dealer gets it all sorted w/ new tranny. I suppose better now than when warranty has expired!

·
Registered
2020 Velocity Blue/Oxford White GT500 CFTP
15 Posts
Yea this is keeping me from tuning mine! I don’t mind eating a mistake I caused but if the trans went on a bolt on car with tune, you’re screwed. No way to prove it wasn’t the tune/increased power.

·
Premium Member
2020 Shelby GT500 base + handling pack
517 Posts
Wow -- that sucks, but yeah better now than after warranty..

I had mine alert once, and only once - I think it said something like reduced performance.
I was starting it and it was really cold (29 if I remember), so I turned it off and took my son's car --- that evening the code was gone and hasn't done it since.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Bizarre...so many videos of guys with 1000whp beating the crap out of these cars and no problems. Bad luck, I guess.

Good that it's under warranty...certainly something to think about if considering even the most basic of mods.

Good luck.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT500, Shadow Black + White Vinyl over the Top, Recaro, Handling, Technology, Exposed CF
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am planning to keep this stock forever
I truly believe this baby is gonna be worth buttload 20-30 years from now when everything is electric

I am just still shocked a new transmission is needed on a brand new car
Damn

·
Registered
2011 Shelby GT500
120 Posts
Hopefully this is just isolated incident and not indicative of a more widespread issue, imagine how many could be garage kept low miles and run out of time on warranty before the 1200 mile issue pops up

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,646 Posts
Hopefully this is just isolated incident and not indicative of a more widespread issue, imagine how many could be garage kept low miles and run out of time on warranty before the 1200 mile issue pops up
I have been driving mine like I stole it... it now has 1300ish miles and the tranny has been fabulous! 🤟

Reactions: Raptor131

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
8,557 Posts
It's probably because this DCT transmission has got to be pretty complicated given all the things it does and the way it shifts and downshifts so often. The more complexity; the more chance of a failure. Just a supposition on my part.

·
Registered
Ordered!! 2021 shelby gt500
187 Posts
I am planning to keep this stock forever
I truly believe this baby is gonna be worth buttload 20-30 years from now when everything is electric

I am just still shocked a new transmission is needed on a brand new car
Damn
a little bird told me that biden is going to make all gas cars illegal in a few years and mandate electric vehicles.The government will also do an mandatory gas guzzler buyback (like the mandatory gun buyback they are planning!) and require us all to give up beasts such as these shelbys we all love.. god help us all!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2013 Shelby GT500 performance white
1,024 Posts
a little bird told me that biden is going to make all gas cars illegal in a few years and mandate electric vehicles.The government will also do an mandatory gas guzzler buyback (like the mandatory gun buyback they are planning!) and require us all to give up beasts such as these shelbys we all love.. god help us all!!!!!
Catch me if you can :eek:😁

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Good luck with that
Even in iRobot movie they had a gas motorcycle

1 - 20 of 29 Posts