Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 08 Shelby came in today. Trouble is I bought an 07 1 month ago with 180 miles on it for $2000 below sticker. I ordered this car a year and a half ago thinking the dealer would sell it to me for sticker(family friend). He calls me up and say's it's here but wants $5000.00 over sticker for it. I told him to sell it to someone else....am I wrong? I would have thought a dealer when you ordered a car would tell you what he was going to charge over at the time. Granted I didn't call the owner and probably could have gotten the cost down but I just don't see the advantage of the 08 over the 07 for what could cost $5000.00 or more. What do you guy's think?:confused:

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Be happy with your 07 at the great deal and walk away from the 08.

$5000 over?? Not in today's GT500 market.

JMO.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
$5000 over was a deal a year ago, not so much now, but I guess that also depends where you are?

Dealers in southeast Virginia still have ADM's at $20,000 over...but that doesn't mean they are getting it. One has had a White w/ Blue stripe sitting outside there showroom for over 6 weeks now.

Keep the 07, if nothing else it is the 40th anniversary of the originals. Maybe one day it will be worth what you paid for it?:D

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
My 08 Shelby came in today. Trouble is I bought an 07 1 month ago with 180 miles on it for $2000 below sticker. I ordered this car a year and a half ago thinking the dealer would sell it to me for sticker(family friend). He calls me up and say's it's here but wants $5000.00 over sticker for it. I told him to sell it to someone else....am I wrong? I would have thought a dealer when you ordered a car would tell you what he was going to charge over at the time. Granted I didn't call the owner and probably could have gotten the cost down but I just don't see the advantage of the 08 over the 07 for what could cost $5000.00 or more. What do you guy's think?:confused:

Did you buy the 2007 used or new ?

What Month was it manufactured ?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Some people think the '07s are worth more because they are 40'th anniversary cars...although I'm not one of those people. I like the minor changes on the '08 (lighter harmonic balancer and available ambient lighting for example). But since the differences are so minor, I'd go with whichever is less expensive.

Sounds like you did the right thing.

Dave

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I think you did the right thing.

·
Registered
888 Posts
You did good!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought the 07 used, it has a build date of 26 Jan 07. The cars are identical red with white stripes. The only difference is the 07 has the shaker 1000 with sirius and the red/black interior while the 08 has the shaker 500 with black interior and hids.

·
Registered
2008 Red Super Snake, 2019 Mustang GT
465 Posts
Sounds like you got a good deal on the '07. Not to mention that the '08';s had 1 grand added to MSRP, so you saved yourself 3G's.

·
Registered
182 Posts
08 VS 07 no comparision.. the 08 is a year newer LOL

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys, I think I'll keep the 07 and not mess with the greedy dealer. I've gotten attached to her. I did bone up today though, my other mustang and truck use 87 octane so when I pulled up to the pump in the shelby I accidently pushed the 87 button. Midway through fill-up I had a oh -sh*t moment! Went direct to the parts store for octane boost. I guess I'll baby it for a tank or two till I get it out. Should I be having senior moments at 42?:eek:

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Thanks guys, I think I'll keep the 07 and not mess with the greedy dealer. I've gotten attached to her. I did bone up today though, my other mustang and truck use 87 octane so when I pulled up to the pump in the shelby I accidently pushed the 87 button. Midway through fill-up I had a oh -sh*t moment! Went direct to the parts store for octane boost. I guess I'll baby it for a tank or two till I get it out. Should I be having senior moments at 42?:eek:

You're at the right age.It's called old timers disease.:D

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You're at the right age.It's called old timers disease.:D
I hate being an old timer. Now I have to wear plaid shorts with black socks and yell at people to get off my lawn!....damnit!:mad:

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I hate being an old timer. Now I have to wear plaid shorts with black socks and yell at people to get off my lawn!....damnit!:mad:

No(know) you don't unless that is your mentality.It's not mine:)

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks Fred, that makes me feel better.:D

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Don't forget the bifocals. You're just about at that age.:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Now you can complain about the government full time. I guess I shouldn't throw stones though. I'm 44. I thought it was time for a mid-life crisis. I asked my wife if I could get a girlfriend and she said "NO" so I bought the car instead. It ends up being a lot cheaper to get the car even though I paid $5k over....
Don

1 - 20 of 27 Posts