Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Color keying done: Mirrors, chin spoiler, rocker panels , valence, and louvers. Glassback done. New pics. Almost done with the appearance stuff now. :) See below for latest and greatest......10-30-08

·
Registered
267 Posts
Looks really good... Post some more pics...

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks guys. It's fun dressin' these things up.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Nice ride, but having the Shelby name twice on the rear may be a bit much.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Nice ride, but having the Shelby name twice on the rear may be a bit much.

Yeah, it is a bit much, I agree. It kinda worked before I moved the letters. As soon as I saw the letters in their current position, I thought the same thing you did. I will most likely pull the template off the 3rd brake light. But it does look really cool at night when I hit the skidders. ;) Thinking of getting one that has 'SVT' or 'Ford' instead. Actually not sure if I can pull it off w/o damaging the brake lense too, which is why I haven't gotten around to it just yet. Right now I'm going thru some nonsense with Ford CS on the TSB. Had to escalate it up the chain quite a ways to get their attention, and at least now the parts are 'on order'.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Updated shots. Lowered now. Note no more shelby overlay for 3rd brake light, Devildog. :) Just more glamor shots..:rofl: . The last one is the view most 'Vettes and other's see. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
933 Posts
Car looks great doneal. The glass roof looks pretty good, but not enough shots to clearly shot it off. Hint! Hint!

Arbour88

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A few more shots to accent the Glassback...

Attachments

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Very, very nice.

Thanks.

Arbour88
Thanks Arbour88, pretty nice ride you've got there too. :) If you're thinking of getting a GB, I'm very happy with mine, and it does 'open up' the car alot. The additional headroom is real nice, and in the summer it really doesn't add much heat to the interior of the car. There is some kind of nano-based layer that filters 95% of the UV, and when the sun in very strong and directly overhead or so, the roof will actually change to a somewhat milky opaque. The GB literature mentions the nano-tech used in the roof, but it is not liquid crystal, as I first thought when it did the opaque thing. That type of tech is only available in Maybachs I believe, and uses what amounts to a large LCD panel to go opaque. All in all I'm very happy with the GB, and if you're wondering it has no impact on the structural aspects of the car, since the metal roof panel is a non-structural item. Here's the pics I have of the installation too, so you have an idea of the process. One thing I did that is a little unique is that I had the, what are normally, black textured plastic trim pieces color matched to the car, before installation. The shop that did the install said that was the first time anyone had requested the parts in advance to have color matched, and now they offer it as an option for the installation. There are plastic strips that run the full length of the rood of the car, from the base of the A-pillar all the way up and over to the lower edge of the rear window. That's something to consider having done too. I had the shop who did the paint work add flex agent to the paint, similar to what is used to paint urethane bumpers, etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
456 Posts
Are these pictures with the Vogtland springs installed?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are these pictures with the Vogtland springs installed?
The pics posted on 10-31, several, are with the Vogtlands, and J&M mods.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
how hard was it to install that CDC glasstop
I took the car to the only authorized CDC GB roof installer in the Mid-Atlantic region, Automotive Essentials. They did the job in 2 days. There's a 24 hour curing time after the roof is set. I did have an issue with one side of the roof's leading edge lifting a bit, and Doug at Automotive Essentials was very quick to correct the problem, which did require another trip down to the shop and a 2 stay. They basically had a problem with the way one set of the 'fences' were set, and had to adjust things a bit. No trouble since, and all is well. I really like the roof, it opens up the interior, more headroom, sun and you really do get an 'open' roof sensation when driving. I have mild claustrophobia and it's actually uncomfortable for me to ride in cars with dark interiors, and low roof lines. This somewhat pricey mod did the trick for me. I can spend hours and hours driving around in this car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts