Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
34,832 Posts
I'm not sure this is true with everyone's computer, but I just have to "float" my cursor over your avatar to display that info ... no need to click on it ...... :)
If you are on a mobile device (phone or tablet), you have to click on the name.

Hijacked!
YES, thank you! Back to your regularly scheduled program...

The point I was trying to make about your tire selection is you might be more inclined to run a performance summer tire in the warmer south and an all-season tire if you live in the colder north. Summer performance tires don’t do so well in the cold.

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500 vapor/ebony stripes
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
What is considered cold? I only plan to run it in the warmer months. Occasionally will be 50-low 60's

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
34,832 Posts
What is considered cold? I only plan to run it in the warmer months. Occasionally will be 50-low 60's
“Cold” is relative. Summer performance tires will see a big traction difference when warm vs. cold. This would also be horsepower dependent. A stock car might see some traction loss in 50-60 degree temps while a supercharger-swapped car will have a hard time hooking-up in temps below 70-80s.

I recommend going into your profile and entering your vehicle year, which then shows under your screen name. You can also add any mod info in your signature, which then shows at the bottom of each of your posts. It helps to know what year car and what mods you have when discussion things.

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500 vapor/ebony stripes
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Ok I will do that, thank you. How do I add my crs info? I got the pic to load but cant figure out the rest

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
34,832 Posts
Ok I will do that, thank you. How do I add my crs info? I got the pic to load but cant figure out the rest
I am on my iPad, a phone will be similar, but slightly different.

7890D3F8-6C51-49D9-B2D7-D6AEAF8D427E.jpeg
9B3DF817-F7B2-43A1-A129-4FB99ECA1A4F.jpeg
0FD41611-C4DD-4CCB-8E23-A51BAA50C3F9.jpeg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello Snake12, My name is Maury T, just bought my Shelby couple of months ago. It is a 2009 GT-500 that is really cherry and has only 9000 miles on it. Still had original Goodyear F-1 tires. I replaced them due to a safety factor. I went with the Michelins Super Sport AS/3 as we have a wide variety of weather here in Virginia. They have a 45000 warranty and they are so quiet and grip like crazy. Will never go back to Goodyear.. I'm sure you'll like them

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
I would not recommend Nitto NT555 G2's. They are OK at best, but there are much better tires out there. Just put a set of the new Michelin Pilot Sport 4S on my GT350 and so far i'm loving them compared to the old Pilot Super Sports.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts