Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500 vapor/ebony stripes
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple questions for you guys. My 08 GT500 is ready for new rubber. It has the original Goodyear on them. If I replace them what do you suggest? Nitto G2? Or something else.

Or I may change my wheels. Thinking of going 20 in the rear and 19 in the front.
Anyone have the super snake style from American Muscle? If so do you like them? Any other suggestions?

Attachments

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
34,830 Posts
Nice wheels, some members here are running them. As for tires, where do you live... cold north or hot south?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
34,830 Posts
Reactions: 03reptile

·
Registered
2014 GT500 Coupe SGM " 1 of 1 "
3,621 Posts
Nice wheels, some members here are running them. As for tires, where do you live... cold north or hot south?
If Admin would provide a space under the avatar for a " location ", this question would never have to be asked again !
I have asked about this more than once..

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Any other suggestions?
13/14 base GT500 wheels are a popular option, 19/20's like you're looking for, they come up for sale from time to time.
As for tires, depends on how you use the car..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I live in Michigan but plan to only drive it in the summer. It will be going up soon. I had to drive it this morning to work because the Explorer Sport is in the shop. I'm am a pretty mild driver. Will get on it occassionally. But pretty much just cruising. No track or anything.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Like someone like me?
Nitto G2's, 19x10 front, 20x11 on rear

View attachment 205840
I do like the way they look! Beautiful cat man looks great. Did you buy it with the stock svt wheels on it? I noticed in some pictures it shows the back caliper way more than the 18 inch stock wheel does. Which can be an ugly site .

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,876 Posts
Try the "search community" button on the forum (top center). This subject if rife with opinions and threads and can help you make an informed decision based on other member's experiences. There are many different manufacturers who provide summer only and all season tires for our cars. Michelins and Nitos seem to be the most popular.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
34,830 Posts
If Admin would provide a space under the avatar for a " location ", this question would never have to be asked again !
I have asked about this more than once..
Not an option here from what I was told awhile back when I inquired. The forum has different formats for phones (mobile) as well as tablets and computers. There isn’t enough uncluttered space across the formats for this added option, especially since the “vehicle details” option was added in that space.
Try the "search community" button on the forum (top center). This subject if rife with opinions and threads and can help you make an informed decision based on other member's experiences.
YES! You can also simply scroll down through this section and read the titles @SNAKE12. All of our wheel & tire threads are organized in this section.

·
Premium Member
5,929 Posts
I do like the way they look! Beautiful cat man looks great. Did you buy it with the stock svt wheels on it? I noticed in some pictures it shows the back caliper way more than the 18 inch stock wheel does. Which can be an ugly site .
Yes, the car did have the SVT 18's
I also have a set of Darkstar Racestar set up with MTDrag Raidials, they are a 18x8 front and 15x10 rear. The rears are a 31 inch tire, much more sidewall.

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Not an option here from what I was told awhile back when I inquired. The forum has different formats for phones (mobile) as well as tablets and computers. There isn’t enough uncluttered space across the formats for this added option, especially since the “vehicle details” option was added in that space.
I would trade the vehicle details in a heartbeat for a member's location in it's place..

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
34,830 Posts
I would trade the vehicle details in a heartbeat for a member's location in it's place..
Then we wouldn’t see your “1 of 1” claim!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok so I'm looking at the shelby Razor in chrome as well. Anyone seen these in person or have them? They look better to me than the super snake. In the photos anyway.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
34,830 Posts
But we would know you live " somewhere " in Texas...........& it's only a claim till it's documented !!
If you click on my name, you see it is written, therefore it MUST be true!

C365956C-A88F-4FC8-91CA-046747F06A1E.jpeg
9BAF526F-AA2D-4ADD-8F74-EC04C3B06834.jpeg

·
Premium Member
8,238 Posts
But we would know you live " somewhere " in Texas...........& it's only a claim till it's documented !!
If you click on my name, you see it is written, therefore it MUST be true!
I'm not sure this is true with everyone's computer, but I just have to "float" my cursor over your avatar to display that info ... no need to click on it ...... :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts