Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Back on the block: I am forced to sell my 2008 GT500. If you might be interested please email me at [email protected]. You can see pics under the Pics thread on this site, and my gallery under teamshelby.com and stangmafia.com.

A little about the car:

Purchased the car new on April 21, 2008 for MSRP of ~$48,850.00 plus $6,000 in after-market appearance and performance bling.

Additions: CDC Glassback roof $2,600.00. J&M Suspension components: Adjustable UCA, and fixed LCAs(no relo), adjustable panhard bar. Vogtland Sport springs (lowered car 1.2" all around). Installed for $1,300.00. These suspension mods were done to eliminate the wheel-hop issue inherent in the suspension. Ride is much improved, and so is handling. I color keyed several body trim components: mirrors, chin spoiler, lower rocker panels, rear valence sides, and trim strips for Glassback. I removed the over the top white stripes. I replaced the snakes and other logos with red-stripe edition logos, they have red inlay color instead of black. Numerous billet trim additions to the interior. I purchased the Carroll Shelby Build Sequence plaque, as well as the certificates from Ford SVT. The engine is unmodified. The exhaust (muffflers) were replaced with Borla Axle backs. Has Short-throw (KR) Ford Racing Shifter. I also have all of the original suspension components. All work was done by professionals. The modifications totaled ~$6,000.00.

The car has been garaged and is flawless. It has around 8,000 miles on it. The car has had drive-train TSB work done.

This car has been customized to my taste, if it also happens to be appealing to you, let me know. You can see photos of the car on this site, as well as stangmafia.com and teamshelby.com under my galleries. Userid on stangmafia.com is 08redgt500, if you are looking for my gallery. My id on teamshelby.com is the same, 08redgt500. I can also send you pics if you'd prefer. You can reach me at [email protected] to discuss this if there is interest, and we can discuss price.

The car is a firm $42K.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I'm sure sorry to hear about you selling your ride Dennis...............
jg

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys for the encouraging words. I am trying to hold onto the car, but it's not looking good at the moment. We'll see how this plays....

Take care, and thanks again for the kind words,

-=-Dennis

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
it is a very sad day.

Very sorry Dennis that you are selling. I'll pass this along to a friend who is looking for one.

RH

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Need to get the moderator to take this down, I am keeping the car for now. The mods budget is nill for this year though, just happy to still have her.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Need to get the moderator to take this down, I am keeping the car for now. The mods budget is nill for this year though, just happy to still have her.
Same here although I do have some mods on the shelf just waiting. Cams, Shelby Shifter, Whipple TB and IW 4lb lower pulley. I also need to get the Second gear Sinc Replaced. I just don't have the funds or the will right now to pull the motor. Got 6 payment left on one truck and 12 on another. That will free up some money then.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bump to move it up

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thought you were keeping it with the move to LI?
Unfortunately not, the move to LI did not work out as planned. The car needs to go if I can sell it.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Sorry to hear this Doneal. Most unfortunate.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Unfortunately not, the move to LI did not work out as planned. The car needs to go if I can sell it.
If you are heading to LI sometime soon, there is basically a car show somewhere every night during the week across the island. You can easily sell it there. It's a big car show crowd and they don't mind the mods, if you post it up on ebay, they rarely sell with mods due to people more than likely have the potential beating on the cars, etc. It's just the logic there. Or you can do what I did when I bought my 06 Saleen..remove all my after goodies including exhaust from my 05 GT and return it back to stock since I kept everything and return the car to Ford for the big trade-in. :rofl:

Good luck selling it though.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you are heading to LI sometime soon, there is basically a car show somewhere every night during the week across the island. You can easily sell it there. It's a big car show crowd and they don't mind the mods, if you post it up on ebay, they rarely sell with mods due to people more than likely have the potential beating on the cars, etc. It's just the logic there. Or you can do what I did when I bought my 06 Saleen..remove all my after goodies including exhaust from my 05 GT and return it back to stock since I kept everything and return the car to Ford for the big trade-in. :rofl:

Good luck selling it though.
Thanks for the tips. I live in Glen Cove. Do you happen to know any particulars of the shows you mentioned, or a site that has some info on them? I did keep all the original equipment that came with the car, should someone want it.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks for the tips. I live in Glen Cove. Do you happen to know any particulars of the shows you mentioned, or a site that has some info on them? I did keep all the original equipment that came with the car, should someone want it.

Thanks again.
Hey Doneal,
Here's the car show rundown for LI (weather permitting):

Monday - None that I'm aware of.

Tuesday - 5pm - 9pm Oyster Bay of Rt 107 Main Street $ 5 per car, free to spectate. Town controls the car show, no judging, plenty of food, nice car show, local band and normally Billy Joel shows up and if not he hangs out at the bar across from where the band plays. He's known to come out and either sing or jump on the keyboards. It's pretty cool.

Tuesday - Part 2 - Bald Hill - Forgot what exit on Sunrise or LIE, just mapquest it. 5pm - 10pm. Huge car show, no judging, big parking lot. Entrance fee I think keeps going up for no reason. The local Fire Department controls it. Plenty of food, etc.

Wednesday - Nathans at Oceanside - 5pm - 10pm. Nice car show. No entrance fee. Have to keep hoods closed since it's an unauthorized car show. The cops bust chops every once in awhile when someone does a burnout when there are signs everywhere not to do that, etc.

Thursday - Oakdale - Wendy's parking lot. 5pm - 10pm South of Sunrise Hwy on Main Street. Nice car show, free, parking lot atmosphere, vendors, alot of track cars show up to this one. Cops bust chops and kick everyone out when burnouts start going on. Even though signs are posted, no burnouts allowed.

Friday - Bellmore - 5pm - ?? - LIRR Train Station Sunrise Hwy. Nice car show, free, no food or entertainment. Food is directly behind the railroad on bedford avenue. Last week was new Challenger night apparently. Everyone and their mother bought one. Me and my friends counted at least 10 and one convertible that someone had decided to chop the top and make himself which came out really nice.

Saturday - Deer Park - 5pm - ?? - Kohl's/Applebee's Parking Lot - Nice car show, free, etc.

Saturday - Part 2 - Jones Beach - 5pm - ?? - Take Robert Moses South - Next To OBI Parking Lot - Food, music, etc. Free car entrance till 7pm then they charge $5 I think it was.

Sunday - Jones Beach - OBI PArking Lot - 6am - 10am. If you want to get a spot and not get a ticket, get there real early. Billy Joel attends this one from time to time also. It's a car/bike show.

** Also this Sunday is the Flowerfield Car Show in St. James which is great. It is a judged show for $15, all classes, etc. If you want to be judged, you need to get your car there before 10am. If you just want to show your car and not be judged, then it's $7. Thing is it is on an open grass field which can be a pain if it rains the night before. Also, alot of pollen gets on the cars, etc. Make sure you buy or bring a California Duster since you will need it. You need to stick around till about 4pm for trophies if you won. But, when you belong to a car club, you can leave after you've been judged if you want and the club owner can accept it on your behalf, etc.

If anything PM me and I'll shoot you my personal cell, etc and possibly meet up at the Flowerfield car show if you end up going. I'll be there with a few friends and usually stay a few hours.
Take it easy.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey 08ShelbyGT500. Great info, thanks alot! Not sure if I can make the Flowerfield show, but would like to. Will PM you Saturday if I can make it, and we can meet up. Thanks again for taking the time to put all that show info together. There is also a small local show, put on by the Glen Cove FD, it is 5-10PM on Thursdays in downtown Glen Cove. They close off a major intersection in town(School & Glen Rds), it's a $5 entry fee, there is no judging, and there is usually around 50-100 cars there. It's a good atmosphere, fun, and there are corner restaurants. The proceeds go the Glen Cove FD.

Hey Doneal,
Here's the car show rundown for LI (weather permitting):

Monday - None that I'm aware of.

Tuesday - 5pm - 9pm Oyster Bay of Rt 107 Main Street $ 5 per car, free to spectate. Town controls the car show, no judging, plenty of food, nice car show, local band and normally Billy Joel shows up and if not he hangs out at the bar across from where the band plays. He's known to come out and either sing or jump on the keyboards. It's pretty cool.

Tuesday - Part 2 - Bald Hill - Forgot what exit on Sunrise or LIE, just mapquest it. 5pm - 10pm. Huge car show, no judging, big parking lot. Entrance fee I think keeps going up for no reason. The local Fire Department controls it. Plenty of food, etc.

Wednesday - Nathans at Oceanside - 5pm - 10pm. Nice car show. No entrance fee. Have to keep hoods closed since it's an unauthorized car show. The cops bust chops every once in awhile when someone does a burnout when there are signs everywhere not to do that, etc.

Thursday - Oakdale - Wendy's parking lot. 5pm - 10pm South of Sunrise Hwy on Main Street. Nice car show, free, parking lot atmosphere, vendors, alot of track cars show up to this one. Cops bust chops and kick everyone out when burnouts start going on. Even though signs are posted, no burnouts allowed.

Friday - Bellmore - 5pm - ?? - LIRR Train Station Sunrise Hwy. Nice car show, free, no food or entertainment. Food is directly behind the railroad on bedford avenue. Last week was new Challenger night apparently. Everyone and their mother bought one. Me and my friends counted at least 10 and one convertible that someone had decided to chop the top and make himself which came out really nice.

Saturday - Deer Park - 5pm - ?? - Kohl's/Applebee's Parking Lot - Nice car show, free, etc.

Saturday - Part 2 - Jones Beach - 5pm - ?? - Take Robert Moses South - Next To OBI Parking Lot - Food, music, etc. Free car entrance till 7pm then they charge $5 I think it was.

Sunday - Jones Beach - OBI PArking Lot - 6am - 10am. If you want to get a spot and not get a ticket, get there real early. Billy Joel attends this one from time to time also. It's a car/bike show.

** Also this Sunday is the Flowerfield Car Show in St. James which is great. It is a judged show for $15, all classes, etc. If you want to be judged, you need to get your car there before 10am. If you just want to show your car and not be judged, then it's $7. Thing is it is on an open grass field which can be a pain if it rains the night before. Also, alot of pollen gets on the cars, etc. Make sure you buy or bring a California Duster since you will need it. You need to stick around till about 4pm for trophies if you won. But, when you belong to a car club, you can leave after you've been judged if you want and the club owner can accept it on your behalf, etc.

If anything PM me and I'll shoot you my personal cell, etc and possibly meet up at the Flowerfield car show if you end up going. I'll be there with a few friends and usually stay a few hours.
Take it easy.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sold the Shelby 2 days ago, on a trade. Got $37K for it, also traded in my '07 Acura RL. Slummin' it in a Beemer now...;) '09 BMW 335i hard-top vert. lowered my overall debt by around 10K and cut my monthly auto expenses by 2/3s. BMW has some very interesting financing for people with a good FICO. I REALLY like the Beemer so far.... Another Shelby is in my future, at some point. Maybe one of those 2011s with the Eco-Boost 5.0L, if they do it.

Take care guys, I really enjoyed being a part of this forum and will miss the comradery immensely!

Good luck with your cars and if you see a guy on Long Island in a silver 335i twin turbo silver vert blow by you; wave it might be me!!!

;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sold the Shelby 2 days ago, on a trade. Got $37K for it, also traded in my '07 Acura RL. Slummin' it in a Beemer now...;) '09 BMW 335i hard-top vert. lowered my overall debt by around 10K and cut my monthly auto expenses by 2/3s. BMW has some very interesting financing for people with a good FICO. I REALLY like the Beemer so far.... Another Shelby is in my future, at some point. Maybe one of those 2011s with the Eco-Boost 5.0L, if they do it.

Take care guys, I really enjoyed being a part of this forum and will miss the comradery immensely!

Good luck with your cars and if you see a guy on Long Island in a silver 335i twin turbo silver vert blow by you; wave it might be me!!!

;)
I traded a 335i Coupe for my Shelby. I had the BMW dealer flash the car with the Dinan tune. Made a huge difference in performance. I highly recommend it. Good luck with the new car.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have a 08 335 Sedan and plan to add a 2010 GT500...in 2010...So I can have the best of both worlds!

Have fun in your 09 335...they are nice and fast! :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts