Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
I just went out to the garage to begin my Tint Protector install and noticed that the inside window scraper on my 2008 already had a felt lining. I know this was not there on my 2006. Has anyone else noticed this? Has anyone installed tint protector on and '08? I do not want to install it if it is not necessary. I will stop by the dealer tomorrow for a 07 to 08 comparison.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have an 08' and I have no problem with my window tint.. I also have the felt.. I did not feel that it needed it the protector... Just my $.02

·
Registered
837 Posts
How about the 07's? I have been wanting the tint badly but have read that this is a problem.

TD

·
Registered
471 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Thanks for the link. I noticed my window tint developing vertical streaks in them. Are they easy to install?
I bought the mole skin too. Great product and very easy install.

Tip: Make sure you have lots of alcohol on hand to get everything absolutely clean before applying the mole skin..

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
I bought the mole skin too. Great product and very easy install.

Tip: Make sure you have lots of alcohol on hand to get everything absolutely clean before applying the mole skin..

Can't you wait till after the job is done before you start slammin them:cheers:

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Can't you wait till after the job is done before you start slammin them:cheers:
Rubbing alcohol, smart a$$.

Although, I believe I was drinking a beer while I installed mine.

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Rubbing alcohol, smart a$$.

Although, I believe I was drinking a beer while I installed mine.

Hey Mister,are you allowed to talk to me like that?:worried:

·
Registered
489 Posts
He is the president.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I had heard that the way that the windows move up and down when the doors open and close will also cause some scratching and tears on the film..

Anyone have any experience with this? I've been wiating for this thread a long time now, and guess I've waited too long to do some tinting...

TD

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I had heard that the way that the windows move up and down when the doors open and close will also cause some scratching and tears on the film..

Anyone have any experience with this? I've been wiating for this thread a long time now, and guess I've waited too long to do some tinting...

TD
Yep - and that's why the others said to use a product like mole skin on the window openings on the door.

·
Registered
444 Posts
My 07 hasn't seen any problems yet. I have about 3000miles on the car. I mostly drive with the windows up. This was the first mod I done to the car. I had 50 miles on the car when I pulled into the window tinting place.

Hope I never have to replace the tint.

35%

JJ

·
Registered
765 Posts
Another option to consider is to purchase new Mustang weather striping from Ford. That's what I did after hearing some 2008 owners already had felt on their strips. I purchased a replacement passenger's side strip today and confirmed it was covered with a fine felt. The part number is 8R3Z-6321456-A. When I was in the process of replacing the strip, I discovered the strip on my 2007 (built 6/20/2007) already had felt applied to it; however, the coverage just didn't make it to the edges of the strip. After comparing the new one with the old, I decided to replace the old one since the felt coverage on the new one was better all the way out to the edges. Plus it seemed like the felt was a finer quality than what was applied to the old strip. Now to replace the one on driver's side.

The disadvantage to this approach is each strip costs $33.89 from my dealer. Too bad but I didn't need any alcohol. :cheers:

The one on the top in this photo is the new weather strip.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts