Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at a Blue Shelby GT500 at the local dealer when they started the sales pitch...one of the items was that '07 is the ONLY year for the "Shelby" badge.

Is this correct?

Thanks, Ron

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I was looking at a Blue Shelby GT500 at the local dealer when they started the sales pitch...one of the items was that '07 is the ONLY year for the "Shelby" badge.

Is this correct?

Thanks, Ron
Ron,
That is not true.Ford is going to make 9,000 Shelbys in 2007,2008 and 2009.

I would like to add that someone is cloning me.How many 07 Shelby do we need?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had heard somewhere that Ford's agreement with Shelby (to use his name) was only good for '07 and '08. And therefore, the '09 model year run was still up in the air. 07SHELBY, do you know if this is true or not??? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I had heard somewhere that Ford's agreement with Shelby (to use his name) was only good for '07 and '08. And therefore, the '09 model year run was still up in the air. 07SHELBY, do you know if this is true or not??? Thanks in advance.
According to Amy Boylan, president of Shelby Automotive, the Ford/Shelby relationship is "long term" and they will continue to build cars together "as long as it is profitable."

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

2009 was an optional year but they signed to make them in 2009.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That's great. I plan to purchase a GT500, but I don't mind waiting to get one at MSRP. In '09 the Camaro and Challenger should be on the scene and the GT500 won't be the latest "gotta have" thing. God, I hope that they'll be available at reasonable prices then.

Thanks for the info ya'll.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
That's great. I plan to purchase a GT500, but I don't mind waiting to get one at MSRP. In '09 the Camaro and Challenger should be on the scene and the GT500 won't be the latest "gotta have" thing. God, I hope that they'll be available at reasonable prices then.

Thanks for the info ya'll.

No problem.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I called Ford and got into their marketing relations group.

They told me that the '07 is a limited run with an option to make Shelby's in 08. A decision has not been made on '08 build and won't be until mid-07....according to the person I spoke to.

This is consistent with two dealers I have spoken to with the addition of a GT H(ertz) or another Bullet Mustang Ford plans to build in 2008.

FYI

·
Registered
135 Posts
I called Ford and got into their marketing relations group.

They told me that the '07 is a limited run with an option to make Shelby's in 08. A decision has not been made on '08 build and won't be until mid-07....according to the person I spoke to.

This is consistent with two dealers I have spoken to with the addition of a GT H(ertz) or another Bullet Mustang Ford plans to build in 2008.

FYI
Thats the same info i got. Remember Ford has already stated "...nothing is off the table."

·
Banned
4 Posts
I would like to add that someone is cloning me.How many 07 Shelby do we need?
Sorry about that lol. I just joined didnt really look around. If i can change it I will. Might get a little confusing. :D

I talked to my in-law and the deal is for the Shelby in 07 and 08. As of right now 09 is not looking good. The contract would have to be extended because it is not for the 09. He also said that they are working on some impresive prototypes to replace the Shelby. By they I mean him also. Lucky SOB.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Those of us who bit the bullet and paid ADM would be OK with 07 being the only year. I know that sounds selfish but at least I'm being honest.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Those of us who bit the bullet and paid ADM would be OK with 07 being the only year. I know that sounds selfish but at least I'm being honest.
I paid the ADM and I am OK with it no matter how many years they produce them! I can't be concerned that the next guy pays less for his! Bully for him!

I have mine! I have thoroughly enjoyed it for three and a half months!

Would I liked to have gotten it without paying the ADM? Yeah, buddy!

PS: I am old! And life is too short!

Honestly!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts