Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Shelby is arriving the first week of Jan/07, however....

What is the production numbers for the GT500 configuration for this year and next? In short, is this a collectable, investment car or a nice to have car?

Second, I've noticed a thread where the dealer bump is coming down to the 5K - 10K point, mine is 15K over. Ug. Should I wait?

Appreciate your guidance!

Thanks, Ron

·
Registered
45 Posts
My Shelby is arriving the first week of Jan/07, however....

What is the production numbers for the GT500 configuration for this year and next? In short, is this a collectable, investment car or a nice to have car?

Second, I've noticed a thread where the dealer bump is coming down to the 5K - 10K point, mine is 15K over. Ug. Should I wait?

Appreciate your guidance!

Thanks, Ron
Check e-Bay, there are few out there.

·
Registered
31 Posts
From what has been said on this forum and in most of the magazines it looks like production will be around 9K units for this year and next.

As far as what to pay? That is just something you will have to decide. I will not go above 5K over, but several people have and seem not to be bothered. Personally, I am waiting to see how the demand is closer to the end of the run. If it has calmed down then I might try to pick one up, if it hasn't then I will wait until the next model run.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
From what has been said on this forum and in most of the magazines it looks like production will be around 9K units for this year and next.

As far as what to pay? That is just something you will have to decide. I will not go above 5K over, but several people have and seem not to be bothered. Personally, I am waiting to see how the demand is closer to the end of the run. If it has calmed down then I might try to pick one up, if it hasn't then I will wait until the next model run.
We are building 9,000 Shelbys each year in 2007,2008 and 2009.As of right now there won't be any next model run for the Shelbys.If you can wait I would say the price will drop next year at some dealerships but if for what ever reason Ford drops 2009 the price will go way up.Ford is on pretty shaky grounds so it is all speculation.

·
Registered
257 Posts
We are building 9,000 Shelbys each year in 2007,2008 and 2009.As of right now there won't be any next model run for the Shelbys.If you can wait I would say the price will drop next year at some dealerships but if for what ever reason Ford drops 2009 the price will go way up.Ford is on pretty shaky grounds so it is all speculation.
Perhaps this sounds a bit callous, but they damn well better get a car to our Prez then they can stop production altogether...then those of us on oldimp's list can sit back and watch the feeding frenzy :p

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think at this point it is a little presumptuous to even count on 08s. Time will tell.

·
Registered
31 Posts
07, when I said next model run, I was talking about the 2008's.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
07, when I said next model run, I was talking about the 2008's.

Sorry.When we talk at work about next model run,that would be when we change body style which is in 2010.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sorry.When we talk at work about next model run,that would be when we change body style which is in 2010.
No problem, just a difference in lingo.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ok, I am confused!!! How many years and what is the production #'s for the Shelby GT500's?
I am waiting on my convertible shelby to arrive now. Are all the New Shelby gt 500's manual shift? does anyone know how many coupes/convertibles there are being made?

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Ok, I am confused!!! How many years and what is the production #'s for the Shelby GT500's?
I am waiting on my convertible shelby to arrive now. Are all the New Shelby gt 500's manual shift? does anyone know how many coupes/convertibles there are being made?

Three years!2007,2008 and 2008.9,000 per year.8,000 each year staying in the States.All are manual shift.Tremec 6 speed TR6060.They are making per order.There is no set # for coupe/vert.

·
Registered
19 Posts
hey 07, i have a question regarding my vin # i understand what the first numbers mean but i'm curious if the final 5 or 6 numbers are the production numbers as in order that they were built mine is 36084 i know my car is not the 6084 shelby but is it the 84th shelby? or do the numbers mean nothing? p.s. thanks for all of the great info you provide!!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
hey 07, i have a question regarding my vin # i understand what the first numbers mean but i'm curious if the final 5 or 6 numbers are the production numbers as in order that they were built mine is 36084 i know my car is not the 6084 shelby but is it the 84th shelby? or do the numbers mean nothing? p.s. thanks for all of the great info you provide!!

Those #'s are random.You cannot tell what # your Shelby was built with your VIN.If you do a search on "VIN breakdown",I posted the sheets that tell what all letters and #'s mean in you VIN.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts