Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a gt500 that i have done an extensive amount of work to. Here is the suspension part list:

Steeda Billet Rear Trailing Arms - w/ Spherical Bearing
Steeda Adjustable Upper Comp/Street Kit - Bushing End & HD Mount
Steeda Comp. Adj. Race Panhard Bar & Brace
Steeda Bumpsteer Kit
Steeda X5 Ball Joint Kit
Steeda Front Swaybar
Steeda Rear Swaybar
Steeda Billet Swaybar Mounts
H&R Coilovers

But i have run into a problem. The cars Passenger Side rear wheel is further up toward the front of the car than the drivers side. I was wondering if installing Steeda Street & Race Lower Control Arms? Steeda says they are fully adjustable but i'm not sure if they will solve my problem. What do you guys think? Is there something else that would fix this?

Attachments

·
Registered
662 Posts
Hello,

I have a gt500 that i have done an extensive amount of work to. Here is the suspension part list:

Steeda Billet Rear Trailing Arms - w/ Spherical Bearing
Steeda Adjustable Upper Comp/Street Kit - Bushing End & HD Mount
Steeda Comp. Adj. Race Panhard Bar & Brace
Steeda Bumpsteer Kit
Steeda X5 Ball Joint Kit
Steeda Front Swaybar
Steeda Rear Swaybar
Steeda Billet Swaybar Mounts
H&R Coilovers

But i have run into a problem. The cars Passenger Side rear wheel is further up toward the front of the car than the drivers side. I was wondering if installing Steeda Street & Race Lower Control Arms? Steeda says they are fully adjustable but i'm not sure if they will solve my problem. What do you guys think? Is there something else that would fix this?
Well, I had the same problem discovered during alignment (after lowering)...the right side axle was 1/8" forward of the left axle. I'm thinking the bolt driller did a sloppy job that day....guess you got the same guy/robot. Anyway, not throwing any stones because I love the car, but the hole on the right side needs to be expanded forward to allow the right axle to catch up with the left..(this also makes the car peel out straight in case you've noticed a right drift not attributable to road inclination). I used J&M LCA's and relocation brackets that are welded in. If you use adjustable LCA's they will fit but it won't correct your axle problem. If you are not lowered (and don't need the relocation brackets) the bolt hole will still need to be moved and then I would think a spot weld to hold it in place. IMHO

:zlurking:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts