Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much searching, many lies from dealers, and countless hours of debating, I finally decided to purchase a Shelby GT instead of a GT500. I was very uncertain right up to the point of arrival at the dealership, but once I saw it I knew I had made the right decision. I even had a dealer call my cell phone to tell me they just unloaded a 500 like I was looking for. I didn't even think twice, I just told him thank you but I am looking at my Shelby as we speak. I may be the only one that thinks this way, but to me, the GT's are the real Shelby Mustangs since they have been built by Shelby Automotive.

Before any of you get hostile about my statement let me say, I think the 500's are great and I am not knocking them. I still would like to have one someday but after seeing and driving the GT, and knowing that the car actually came out of Shelby's facility, I am perfectly content with the "Starter Shelby."

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
After much searching, many lies from dealers, and countless hours of debating, I finally decided to purchase a Shelby GT instead of a GT500. I was very uncertain right up to the point of arrival at the dealership, but once I saw it I knew I had made the right decision. I even had a dealer call my cell phone to tell me they just unloaded a 500 like I was looking for. I didn't even think twice, I just told him thank you but I am looking at my Shelby as we speak. I may be the only one that thinks this way, but to me, the GT's are the real Shelby Mustangs since they have been built by Shelby Automotive.

Before any of you get hostile about my statement let me say, I think the 500's are great and I am not knocking them. I still would like to have one someday but after seeing and driving the GT, and knowing that the car actually came out of Shelby's facility, I am perfectly content with the "Starter Shelby."

94indy358,
Good for you.You are paying for it.Buy what makes you happy.That's why there is a variety.Go get it.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Like they say if everyone liked the same thing there wouldn't be enough to go around. So I say get what you want and don't worry about what others think.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts