Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Shelby GT500
648 Posts
Looks great, including the Base wheels! FWIW, there were only 165 Ingot Silver GT500 Coupes made in 2013. (The other 33 Ingot Silver GT500s were Verts.) Of the 165 Coupes, 24 had Red Stripes (17 Recaros + 7 Base Seats).

+1. Ford's spreadsheets only go so far, listing the number of cars made with each option, without providing a means of calculating how many were made with specific combinations of options. For that, you need a Marti Personalized Statistics Report.
Base seats on ours...

·
Registered
2013 Shelby GT500 Coupe, Triple Black
1,789 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Shelby GT500
648 Posts
That narrows your specific configuration to 1 of no more than 7 similarly configured from the factory. A Marti Personalized Statistics Report might refine further.
Thanks. Doesn’t mean it will be anymore collectible than, say, a 2001 Cobra R, I suppose...:p I think I will just enjoy it cuz it means so much to me and no one else.

·
Registered
2014 GT500 Coupe SGM " 1 of 1 "
3,781 Posts
Thanks. Doesn’t mean it will be anymore collectible than, say, a 2001 Cobra R, I suppose...:p I think I will just enjoy it cuz it means so much to me and no one else.
Has nothing to do with " worth more " or " collectible ", purely a #'s thing,...........how many cars like YOURS did Ford build..

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
36,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
In 2000, there were 215,500 Mustangs built, out of that gross, 300 had the Cobra R ( option, pkg., etc ). The Cobra R had equipment that separated it from the other 215,200 Mustangs. ( engine, color, suspension, etc. ) It is these differences / # produced that make it rare.
In 2014, there were 134,345 Mustangs built, 4816 were GT500 coupes ( option, pkg. etc ) The GT500 had equipment that separated it form the other 129,529 Muatangs. ( engine, color, suspension, etc. ) It is these differences / # produced that make it rare.
And you for some reason can't get your head around the fact that ( 1 ) is a lower # than ( 300 )..
You are trying to compare apples to oranges Don. You are attempting to draw a parallel between a Cobra R “option” as you call it and say a color on a 2014 GT500. You also list total number of all Mustangs made for the year, which is irrelevant.

Cobra R is not a selectable “option” you simply check when ordering a Mustang in 2000. It is its own car. Same with a 2014 GT500... this isn’t an option to select on any of the 134,345 Mustangs like you would when choosing a color. There were simply 300 units available of the halo Mustang in 2000. There wasn’t even a regular Mustang Cobra that year and as I said previously, you cannot go forward or back a year to buy the same car. It was a one year shot and you have 300 chances to buy one.

In 2014, you had 5,730 halo Mustangs in circulation. You could also go back one year and include another 4885 to the mix for a total of 10,615 halo Mustangs available for purchase. This is not a “1 of 1” car like a special 1-off Bugatti. This is a GT500 and there were a bunch made.

My R is 1 of 5 sold in Canada. The only thing that separates those 5 cars is a decal in the driver’s side door jam that states the car is a competition vehicle for use on a closed course only. If I posted my car was “1 of 5,” the other 295 00R owners would get a chuckle.

It’s a neat piece of trivia to break down options to see how many other vehicles were produced with those same options. It’s a huge leap if this information is then twisted to say my “1 of 1” car is more rare than your 1 of 300.

Has nothing to do with " worth more " or " collectible ", purely a #'s thing,...........how many cars like YOURS did Ford build..
Ford made 10,615 Mustangs like yours. It sounds like Ford made no other Mustangs exactly like yours.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
If I wanted to park all the 2000 Cobra R's like yours in a parking lot, I would need 300 parking space.
If I wanted to park all the 2014 GT500's like mine in a parking lot, I would need 1 parking space.
................................I don't need a paragraph to state something that is this clear.
& if I wanted to park all the 2017 F150's like mine in a parking lot, I would need 1 parking space..
............................Also, I don't say it's rare, Marti Auto documents it as " 1 of 1 "

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
If I wanted to park all the 2000 Cobra R's like yours in a parking lot, I would need 300 parking space.
If I wanted to park all the 2014 GT500's like mine in a parking lot, I would need 1 parking space.
................................I don't need a paragraph to state something that is this clear.
& if I wanted to park all the 2017 F150's like mine in a parking lot, I would need 1 parking space..
............................Also, I don't say it's rare, Marti Auto documents it as " 1 of 1 "

·
Registered
2013 Shelby GT500 Super Snake Convertible in HP white w/ Cobalt blue stripes & RPM rollbar bagged
44 Posts
LOL.. I can't believe I read this whole thread.....

But, while we are at it.... I have a vert 13 in HP white w/ blue stripes and the shaker 1000 ..... I am 1 of 13... And my friend is 7 of 9. ????

·
Registered
11 Posts
Goose is correct. If my Shelby came without floor mats by accident it would be 1 of 1. Doesn't matter to anyone but me and it makes no sense to promote it. My 2011 GT350 from Shelby American has my name on the Maroney window sticker. Good for my ego, but nothing else. I do not display it except in my office for me. Let's just enjoy our rides. :cool:

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Goose is correct. If my Shelby came without floor mats by accident it would be 1 of 1. Doesn't matter to anyone but me and it makes no sense to promote it. My 2011 GT350 from Shelby American has my name on the Maroney window sticker. Good for my ego, but nothing else. I do not display it except in my office for me. Let's just enjoy our rides. :cool:
Thanks and thanks for joining in on the conversation. Since this is your first post: Welcome to the forum!

Your 2011 GT350 is indeed a rare car. Out of curiosity, any idea how many were made?

If you are up for introducing yourself and showing us your ride, you’ll find our new member area here:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Shelby Amreican made 159 units of 2011 GT350 45th Anniversary> That year the interior and trunk carpets and faux gas cap have the exclusive 45th Anniversary logo. Three horsepower models were made. I have one of the 624 HP ones. MY 1966 GT350 is one of 2380 made. Rarity is not the issue for me, it is the enjoyment. Shelby made cars to be driven, not stored.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
You are trying to compare apples to oranges Don. You are attempting to draw a parallel between a Cobra R “option” as you call it and say a color on a 2014 GT500. You also list total number of all Mustangs made for the year, which is irrelevant.

Cobra R is not a selectable “option” you simply check when ordering a Mustang in 2000
. It is its own car. Same with a 2014 GT500... this isn’t an option to select on any of the 134,345 Mustangs like you would when choosing a color. There were simply 300 units available of the halo Mustang in 2000. There wasn’t even a regular Mustang Cobra that year and as I said previously, you cannot go forward or back a year to buy the same car. It was a one year shot and you have 300 chances to buy one.

In 2014, you had 5,730 halo Mustangs in circulation. You could also go back one year and include another 4885 to the mix for a total of 10,615 halo Mustangs available for purchase. This is not a “1 of 1” car like a special 1-off Bugatti. This is a GT500 and there were a bunch made.

My R is 1 of 5 sold in Canada. The only thing that separates those 5 cars is a decal in the driver’s side door jam that states the car is a competition vehicle for use on a closed course only. If I posted my car was “1 of 5,” the other 295 00R owners would get a chuckle.

It’s a neat piece of trivia to break down options to see how many other vehicles were produced with those same options. It’s a huge leap if this information is then twisted to say my “1 of 1” car is more rare than your 1 of 300.

Ford made 10,615 Mustangs like yours. It sounds like Ford made no other Mustangs exactly like yours.
In the car hobby there is a lot of mis-information, when I post stats or #'s it's based on documentation. I'm a stand up guy & I'll put my money where my mouth is, here's my offer to you:
You pm me your name, address, & 2000 R VIN, ......ON MY DIME I'll buy you a Marti Stat report ( $ 60.00 + $ 7.00 ), have it sent to your house. You get the report, & post the 1st three line item #'s for the group to see. You seem to think that a GT500 isn't a Mustang with options, I have a document that says other wise. If your contention is correct, your Marti Report # on the first line should be 300, I think it will be 155,500,.....we will see if you're up to it..
First 2 line item #'s from ( 3 ) Marti Stat Reports
2011 - ( 69,091 ) ( 4,150 )
2014 - ( 134,345 ) ( 4,816 )
2017 - ( 1,015,623 ) ( 29,088 )

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
In the car hobby there is a lot of mis-information, when I post stats or #'s it's based on documentation. I'm a stand up guy & I'll put my money where my mouth is, here's my offer to you:
You pm me your name, address, & 2000 R VIN, ......ON MY DIME I'll buy you a Marti Stat report ( $ 60.00 + $ 7.00 ), have it sent to your house. You get the report, & post the 1st three line item #'s for the group to see. You seem to think that a GT500 isn't a Mustang with options, I have a document that says other wise. If your contention is correct, your Marti Report # on the first line should be 300, I think it will be 155,500,.....we will see if you're up to it..
First 2 line item #'s from ( 3 ) Marti Stat Reports
2011 - ( 69,091 ) ( 4,150 )
2014 - ( 134,345 ) ( 4,816 )
2017 - ( 1,015,623 ) ( 29,088 )
Don, no offense, but I will not be sending you my personal contact info. I have no doubt that your Marti Report breaks down your car to “1 of 1” and that it starts by listing all Mustangs made that year. I am a collector. I am familiar with Marti Reports. The report is neat but some of the info is trivial. I’ll repeat the point I was trying to make above in different wording and I won’t use any underlines or bold font.

When you wanted to order a 2014 Shelby GT500, you didn’t start with a V6 Mustang and click an option box for a 5.8L supercharged engine. If this were true, all 95,000 2014 Mustangs could have been GT500s! The 2014 GT500, like the 2000 Cobra R, was its own car. Marti is lumping all the different Mustangs model lines together for that year and then breaking yours down as far as possible with every selectable option. This is purely gee-wizz trivia. A collector might say: “This car is 1 of 1 as optioned,” but no collector in his right mind would ever say: “This car is 1 of 1” when there are thousands of others in circulation.

Saying your car is 1 of 1 (period) waters down the meaning. I know some collectors who have prototype cars that truly are “1 of 1.”

In the end, we own some cool-ass cars. Whether it is a 93-04 Mustang Cobra or a 2007+ Shelby GT500, Ford made some sweet halo Mustangs through the years and we are lucky to own these fine machines.

Reactions: 03reptile

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
My 2012 GT500, Black stripe delete, Glass Roof car became a 1 of 1 when a broom fell off the wall and dented the passenger door.

Oh, and the boneheaded scratch from my mailbox and dent from a light pole on the driver's side. After 55,000 miles, I'm bound to do a few stupid things.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Don, no offense, but I will not be sending you my personal contact info. I have no doubt that your Marti Report breaks down your car to “1 of 1” and that it starts by listing all Mustangs made that year. I am a collector. I am familiar with Marti Reports. The report is neat but some of the info is trivial. I’ll repeat the point I was trying to make above in different wording and I won’t use any underlines or bold font.

When you wanted to order a 2014 Shelby GT500, you didn’t start with a V6 Mustang and click an option box for a 5.8L supercharged engine. If this were true, all 95,000 2014 Mustangs could have been GT500s! The 2014 GT500, like the 2000 Cobra R, was its own car. Marti is lumping all the different Mustangs model lines together for that year and then breaking yours down as far as possible with every selectable option. This is purely gee-wizz trivia. A collector might say: “This car is 1 of 1 as optioned,” but no collector in his right mind would ever say: “This car is 1 of 1” when there are thousands of others in circulation.

Saying your car is 1 of 1 (period) waters down the meaning. I know some collectors who have prototype cars that truly are “1 of 1.”

In the end, we own some cool-ass cars. Whether it is a 93-04 Mustang Cobra or a 2007+ Shelby GT500, Ford made some sweet halo Mustangs through the years and we are lucky to own these fine machines.
That, during the cold war was referred to as " the blink "
I'll give you a way out, I'm sure you know other 2000 R owners, do you know any that have A Marti Stat report ?
....................I'm only interested in the # on the first line item of information.
The # will be 300 if you are correct, and 155,500 if the 2000 R turns out to be a Mustang with options.
I won't post my stat reports because they are Trademarked, & I don't have permission, but I can post this

This shows, at least to my satisfaction, that a 1967 Shelby GT350,............is a well oprtioned Mustang.
A Stat Report for your 2000 R will show it as a well optioned Mustang..

·
Registered
2012 GT500
60 Posts
Ok, to go back to the original post and these reports. I have the print out of the 2012s and can’t figure out how to break it down. Is someone willing to help an idiot out? I have a 2012 stripe delete race red with Recaros, PP, Navi. Can anyone help me figure that out?

To go to Gooses comment about you could go online and find 10k+ cars to buy I kind of agree with that. But most people want something specific! I wanted Race Red stripe delete with PP and Recaros. I didn’t care if it had Nav or not. When I bought my car 2 1/2 years ago I searched nationwide and found 2. One with Nav and one without. I bought the Nav car because it had lower miles and overall better condition. So in that aspect the rarity is a factor, IMO!

IMG_7532.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2012 GT500
60 Posts
And, I could have spent $3-$4k less but to me it was about what I wanted, not necessarily the price. I was willing to pay more to get what I wanted!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
I've never viewed the different Mustangs as options, I've looked at them as trims (V6/GT/Bullit/Mach 1/GT350/GT500/etc). Then, within each trim, there are various options available. Ford even designates different packages and available options for each Trim. One can't get a 5.8 Supercharged Engine Option on their GT Performance Package just like you can't get a 2.3 Ecoboost in a GT500. It all may be semantics.

2020 Mustang Order Guide

Yes, I'd bet the same amount of money, Don, that the Cobra R will show that it was one of the 234,567 Mustangs made in 2000 on the top line. Goose has not denied that and what he's eluding to is that as a Trim selection/availability, the Cobra R was produced to only 300 Total. This is what has made the 2000R as one of the most sought-after cars on the market, and the price reflects it.

Sure, it's cool to know that our GT500 may have been optioned differently than other GT500's, but at the end of the day, they're all brothers/sisters with different looks, in the tens of thousands. Not many cars can say that they only have 300 brothers, even if they are twins. @Goose17 - I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but these are more rare than your R: 12 Most Rare Cars

21 - 40 of 66 Posts