Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why would you not convert a gt to a cobra if you had the oppurtunity to do it before the cobra even hits the ground. just to be different.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I think your car looks great.Everybody has a personal preference.We shall not criticize
each others car.

·
Registered
64 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
I think your car looks great.Everybody has a personal preference.We shall not criticize
each others car.
yeah, the car def. looks good, thats not a problem i see with it, but just making a car something else other then what it really is, just doesn't make sense to me . . . .

i guess its just personal preference

·
Registered
45 Posts
I agree the car is hot but like GT500R, I am not a fan of imposters. Nevertheless, someone is sure to buy it, especially with that paint scheme. No GT500's will be built with black stripes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think your car look's great but the one thing I couldn't deal with is the fact that it only has 3 valves per cylinder.:( :( :And lacks 200 horses unless you also changed everything under the hood too.:confused:

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
It does look really good, in fact I think it looks great, and I have no problem with you creating your own GT500 that is cool also, BUT only if you have something under the hood that will make a GT500 proud. My thought is it looks like a GT500 and if it runs like one than that is great but if it really is 300 HP than the problem is someone will take a shot at you on the street and if they win then that person goes around telling people that the shelby sucks it doesn't run which makes all the real GT500's look bad in that department. I did the same thing back in the day to a 82 Mustang which was not a GT and it had 6 cylinder. But I put skirt kit on it, new paint, GT stickers, interior out of a real wrecked GT than dropped a 351W in it with 10:5:1 TRW pistons, 292/512 lift cam, Torquer II intake, 650 double pump, MSD, 3.73 gears, etc etc. etc. etc. True is wasn't a factory Ford GT but no real 1982 to 1985 GT could touch it. In fact allot of big blocks got their feelings hurt when the lighted turned green (street racing was the best) it was bad on the street and camero's feared me and my little white GT (clone) So get some HP under that hood and than you can wear the logo's proud.

·
Registered
11 Posts
kendal said:
just got finished with this. let me know what you think?
Personally, I love it! Especially the chrome wheels, which won't be available on the "real" GT500. Maybe you'd consider adding the Mustang Performance Packs from FRPP to take care of the horsepower short-fall? Looks like quality work. Enjoy!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the car should actually be faster than the cobra and should be posting 1/4 mile times of about 11.50s. Not really even a comparison

·
Registered
45 Posts
kendal said:
kenne bell supercharger with 523 hp.
Most SC's boast a 45-50% HP boost. Mathematically that equates to 450 HP Max from the SC. Not to second guess you but: Where are the other 73 HP coming from????? :confused:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts