Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With 2000 miles + on my 11 F150 I am glad to see no break dust present. My 07 F150 and my wife's 08 Taurus looked like hell after just 500+ miles. Is 0 break dust in for new units? I know these are not competion pads but nice to see. Hate to admit it by my 07 never saw a wash. Hey it's just a truck.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I was just looking at 11' f-150. Which motor did you get: 5.0, Eco Boost or the 6.2l.
I was leaning toward 5.0 but no one around me has a eco motor to test drive.
Don't want to take away from your post but, you are the only person I can find with a 11' F-150.
Ron

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
5.0 The ecoboost has more torque and hp but I am a V8 kind of guy and the 6.2 is not availabe in the standard cab. The six speed tranny is awsome and it can be shifted manually as well. Sealed tranny, no longer a dipstick. When using the trailering feature the tranny no longer drops out of overdrive. It just controls the speed of the shifts as you can drop down or lock into any gear provided the engine does not overrev when manually downshifting. I opted for the brake controller and I have yet to see how the trailer antisway feature performs. So far I love the truck. Best F150 I have owned to date and I have had five model changes. Averaging 16+ mpg and the engine is not broken in yet. Flex fuel but have yet to run 85E. Would like to have test driven the Eco Boost but none were available. All aluminum engine and close to 8 quarts of oil. 7.8 to be exact. Tranny cooler was relocated and that was a must as that was always the first to go in it's original location. Tranny temp guage is also a nice feature. I have a 4X4 and the ride is awsome. Can not find a power steering resovior so I assume electric steering. The manual says nothing about the steering that I can find. The 11 is definitely a big improvement and could not be happier.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thanks for the info. I also like my V8's. I am just curious about the turbo's.
What to trade 05 powerstroke, probably will miss he raw pulling power but don't want to mess with the new so called emission friendly diesels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts