Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies ands Germs, today we have our first ever “Indy Boys” as @TedShred calls us, parade of a part of Indiana. I cannot say how excited I am to take part in my first ever car event. Yeah I have been to auto shows, but never a drive in cars and coffee type event or anything like this.

I am so giddy I can hardly stand it. No expectations really and noting but excited ness. Need to check that so we don’t get 30 minutes into getting out a of town and I have to stop to um...empty the tanks.

Pictures will be posted when we return (at least form me) so hopefully this gets picture heavy later today. Bringing my wife TLL (aka The Lovely Liz) along and she is as excited. Ok maybe not as excited, but she knows how immature IO get regarding cars so she knows what to expect.

Like I said all giddy ness aside, this place has opened up alol sorts of avenues to spend money, wait I mean to make friends.

@Goose17 Tim, don’t worry there will be a 2020 @CollectedDust will have his 2020, so you too can enjoy the thread. however, we will not be posting toomany of his pics so you realize there are still other Shelbys out there. 😂😂😇🤘

Check back later for updates.

So flipping excited for today! God I love immaturity And the irrational obsession we have for there’s cars!

Until later!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
41,901 Posts
@Goose17 Tim, don’t worry there will be a 2020 @CollectedDust will have his 2020, so you too can enjoy the thread. however, we will not be posting toomany of his pics so you realize there are still other Shelbys out there. 😂😂😇🤘
That was funny Dave! 😆

Have fun guys! Looking forward to the pictures and the video of you guys racing the 2020! 😜

·
Registered
2011 GT500, Ingot Silver
2,117 Posts
Parked in front of the Story Inn, in Story Indiana.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Shelby mustang Performance car

On the Lake Monroe boat ramp, right before we got yelled at by some guy getting ready to launch his pontoon (his buddy was taking pics of the cars...)
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Performance car Compact car

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
...and then this.

it was so weird, we all loved the car, but it kept over heating, losing traction in the corners and unable to keep up on straight roads. We were all surprised at the exhaust. Google whale farts and you will understand.

we all agreed we don’t know what @Goose17 Tim is talking about, “The greatest Shelby ever!” 🤘 😇

all kidding aside, it was stunning and all the noise from that car is just amazing. What a car and what a day!

·
Premium Member
2020 Shelby GT500 Performance Blue
294 Posts
Here’s a pic of Ron (@Rjstevens) adding his reserve E85 on the way to our fuel stop. Not sure what Pontiac you guys are talking about.
(* strategically crops photo *)

Bonus shot of the Rat snake next to my car as we were waiting for the construction crew to let us pass.

·
Premium Member
2007 GT500
4,341 Posts
Looks like a great day! Thank you for sharing!

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Ok, now that I have a few minutes while I sit on the.... well, while I have a few minutes.

1. @CollectedDust 2020 is gorgeous and I got to look at his butt a lot and I liked it.
2. @Rjstevens is now known as Thumper.
3. @TedShred was an awesome pace setter and planned THE perfect route.
4. @Dave was as happy as a 5 year old that was given a popsicle... and that Ruby/Candy Apple is beautiful.
5. At G8 GT needs better brakes
6. Don't block a dead end road nor a boat ramp.
7. I at one point thought @CollectedDust needed to get going a bit faster... only to determine upon looking at the speedo that we were cruising at 105.
8. I'm totally bummed that we didn't get just a picture of our group of people together.
9. I'll think of more later.

What. A. Blast.

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,718 Posts
Really am jealous of you guys!! Looks like a great time, and all you needed was a GT350 to show you what's what! Really miss seeing my old friends on the forum and feel ostracized! Hope nobody hurt that beautiful black rat snake! Love reptiles! Wish you all the best times with your cars! Too bad Indiana is so far away! Thanks for the pictures!!

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Really am jealous of you guys!! Looks like a great time, and all you needed was a GT350 to show you what's what! Really miss seeing my old friends on the forum and feel ostracized! Hope nobody hurt that beautiful black rat snake! Love reptiles! Wish you all the best times with your cars! Too bad Indiana is so far away! Thanks for the pictures!!
The snake never moved, so it was either very still or already dead.
Edit: it was alive and well per Ron, who moved it to safety.

And don’t worry, wouldn’t have let anyone hurt the snake. My older brother is a herper and would never let me hear the end of it!

·
Premium Member
2013 Shelby GT500 performance white
1,204 Posts
Actually the snake was alive and well. I tossed him to the side of the road so he would not get ran over in the street.
I as well like black rat snakes. Non-aggressive and they take care of the mice problems.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Actually the snake was alive and well. I tossed him to the side of the road so he would not get ran over in the street.
I as well like black rat snakes. Non-aggressive and they take care of the mice problems.
How’d I miss that! Thanks for keeping it out of harms way.

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,718 Posts
The snake never moved, so it was either very still or already dead.
Edit: it was alive and well per Ron, who moved it to safety.

And don’t worry, wouldn’t have let anyone hurt the snake. My older brother is a herper and would never let me hear the end of it!
Good to hear! I grew up in central Florida and spent many hours hunting snakes! The black rat snake in the picture had his body in the "kinked position" which always means he is on guard and not relaxed. Glad Ron took good care of him. Thought about herpetology as a career track for a short time when I was a kid. I did get all the "snake calls" when in law enforcement!

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Good to hear! I grew up in central Florida and spent many hours hunting snakes! The black rat snake in the picture had his body in the "kinked position" which always means he is on guard and not relaxed. Glad Ron took good care of him. Thought about herpetology as a career track for a short time when I was a kid. I did get all the "snake calls" when in law enforcement!
Haha! My brother at one time owned 200 snakes (he has downsized some, but still has a room dedicated to snakes and other reptiles). He has a few preservation non profits on the side, and cares about this stuff a lot. I know far less than him, and have always just followed his advice to leave wildlife alone :)

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How’d I miss that! Thanks for keeping it out of harms way.
Don’t you remember all the problems with your 2020 you were having. :)

Poor little snake wanted to get a better look. He heard something about Cobras, but when he came out all he saw was us. I bet he was sooooo confused.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.