Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2007 Shelby Cobra GT500.... In the past there have been limited productions of the Mustang Cobra. I am curious, is the spirit of the horse and the cobra with this car? Has the Cobra name been dropped from this car? The affixed window stickers I have seen don't show the word cobra. How can a car with cobra emblems not have the name on the title? My opinion is, this car is a Cobra because of all the work by SVT,the input from Carrol Shelby and not to forget FMC. This is the strongest of them all. This is a moment in history for the Mustang. If this is a Cobra, then I think it should be printed somewhere.

I believe a horse has great spirit in the name it is given. We have always considered this at the Ranch. I am waiting for my Black Stallion and I feel my horse is waiting for me. I hear alot of people doing mods. You cannot modify the spirit. The spirit of the horse will take you to the extremes beyond your heart's desires. I know this is going to be one good horse. I don't care if I am beat on the autobahn, I just want a smart horse with good spirit.

I have not received my title yet. My car has a build date of 02 APR. Maybe I am drawing from the hip a little soon with this new thread. Is that where the cobra name is printed. Do all owners consider this car a COBRA?

Thank you for your time fellow § HORSEMEN §

I would appreciate your thoughts and comments.

Calvary! Prepare To Mount §

Easy Trigger! Easy Trigger! Wait, Wait, OK, Let ER Rip!

§ Z §

·
Registered
127 Posts
From one who owns one of each, I actually think that they are two very seperate vehicles. I love my Shelby GT 500 but I also love my Cobra. To me there is nothing like a Cobra...it's in a class by itself. I've always thought Ford had a major brain fart when they call all sorts of cars GT's , Mustang GTs, Mustang Cobras, etc, etc. Carroll Shelby is a fantastic guy and I'm glad he got back with Ford and they produced the Shelby GT 500. I like the snake logos all over the place and I have put in Cobra floor mats and valve stems caps....but there is only one Cobra.....all you have to do is start one up and it will remove all doubt. A Cobra is like no car that has ever been produced. There is nothing like the Cobra sound and rumble. I'm sure it's just a money and marketing thing that they try to blur the lines and build on the Cobra name......but driving down the street nothing but nothing turns heads like a Cobra....:D :D

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
The 2007 Shelby Cobra GT500.... In the past there have been limited productions of the Mustang Cobra. I am curious, is the spirit of the horse and the cobra with this car? Has the Cobra name been dropped from this car? The affixed window stickers I have seen don't show the word cobra. How can a car with cobra emblems not have the name on the title? My opinion is, this car is a Cobra because of all the work by SVT,the input from Carrol Shelby and not to forget FMC. This is the strongest of them all. This is a moment in history for the Mustang. If this is a Cobra, then I think it should be printed somewhere.

I believe a horse has great spirit in the name it is given. We have always considered this at the Ranch. I am waiting for my Black Stallion and I feel my horse is waiting for me. I hear alot of people doing mods. You cannot modify the spirit. The spirit of the horse will take you to the extremes beyond your heart's desires. I know this is going to be one good horse. I don't care if I am beat on the autobahn, I just want a smart horse with good spirit.

I have not received my title yet. My car has a build date of 02 APR. Maybe I am drawing from the hip a little soon with this new thread. Is that where the cobra name is printed. Do all owners consider this car a COBRA?

§ Z §

007COBRA,
The short version is,no it is not a Cobra.It is a Shelby Mustang by SVT.It will not say Cobra on the title,ouch:confused:

The longer version is that it is a Mustang that was built by SVT with input from Carroll Shelby.There was a contract signed between Ford and Shelby to use his name for 2007,2008 and optional 2009.2009 is a done deal,it will be made.There is no mention of Cobra anywhere and we can't call it a Cobra here, period.There is pictures of the Cobra on a lot of the paperwork but always says Shelby.:( :( :( It is considered a Shelby Mustang by SVT.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
You're question is very understandible as there are 7 cobra emblems on the car. I personally like the cobra emblems over the horse.

You're window sticker will say SHELBY.

The only horse emblem on the car is in front of the rear view mirror on the windshield.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Hey 07. I guess I'm confused. I certainly agree that a "COBRA" is a "COBRA" is a "COBRA".

However, I too was of the impression from what I'd seen, and heard that "MY BABY" was a 2007 Shelby Cobra GT 500. I just looked at my window sticker, sales invoice, and everything official that I have, and you're again the MASTER. "MY BABY" is a 2007 Shelby GT 500, and it doesn't matter. She's a dream of a ride, and will always be.

And LIMPOPO is right, if you've ever heard a COBRA, you know it's a special "HORSE" of it's own. :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
933 Posts
07 SHELBY,

Good answer.

I will not call my car a cobra either.

I will always referred to it as a Mustang Shelby GT500.

Giddy up!

·
Registered
275 Posts

§ Z §
I like your comments.I have to agree with the other members. The ultimate cobra,A supersnake sold for 6 million on Barret Jackson. They do have a prototype with a v10 . Wonder if they'll ever build it? GGBIW

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Regardless,it is a beautiful ride.Call it what you will but I am very happy with it and since I paid for it ultimately thats all that matters!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am very respectful to all of your answers. I did ask SVT, the official name is Shelby Cobra GT500. Sure, call it whatever. Maybe it could be a Cobra, 500 horses? Interesting to know where they put the horse, previously mentioned behind the rearview mirror. Well, if someone ask what kind of car is it? I won't just say mustang,shelby, gt500 or cobra. I will say Shelby Cobra GT500. I don't mean to sound crazy about the name. It is just that I see so many different ways people are referring to this car. I felt this was an interesting subject for discussion.

Thank you all for you feedback!

Calvary Prepare To Mount!

§ Z §

The Spirit of the Black Stallion

·
Registered
611 Posts
That was it's name in the beginning before Shelby jumped on the band wagon and then they dropped the cobra off the name :( It did have SVT in there somewhere, also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts