Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

Car trailer floor

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Gjb 
#1 ·
I have been reading on the garage floor coating, and was wondering if it would work and last on a plywood floor? I want to do something to the floor in my trailer before it gets beat up.

#2 ·
Not sure what “coating” you are thinking about, but I wouldn’t do epoxy. The floor will be vibrating and bending... I don’t think epoxy would hold up. Some sort of rubber/vinyl tile should work. You could get some self adhesive type tiles, but be careful with smooth tiles, they will be slippery, especially when wet! I put traction/grip tape down on my trailer so there is no slippage going up the ramp.

#7 · (Edited)
Not sure what “coating” you are thinking about, but I wouldn’t do epoxy. The floor will be vibrating and bending... I don’t think epoxy would hold up. Some sort of rubber/vinyl tile should work. You could get some self adhesive type tiles, but be careful with smooth tiles, they will be slippery, especially when wet! I put traction/grip tape down on my trailer so there is no slippage going up the ramp.
Paint the inside walls with a white gloss or semi-gloss, it will be lighter in there and better to see with minimal light, like after dark.

#3 ·
I was think about just painting the floor to protect the plywood and make it look better. I looked at vinyl tiles but figured they would pop up over time. I will be putting down non skid tape to make sure I don't fall on m butt or the car slide or slip on the ramps and deck.

#4 ·
Painting should work with proper prep and application. Instead of non skid tape, just put no-slip silica in your paint. It will give your floor a grippy texture that will be good for walking on as well as driving up the ramp. The only downside is it makes it harder to sweep out the trailer. Just use a leaf blower... problem solved!

#6 ·
That’s good first-hand experience! Got any pictures? I’d love to see it.

#13 ·
My trailer had wood on the floor and walls with white on the ceiling. I just got basic pain and rolled the walls white and floors in grey. That was 19 years ago and still holding well. I do have aluminum tread plate runners where my tires roll so that protects the paint in those areas.

Tom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.