Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

SHELBYFEST 2019...Yep, it's coming!

41K views 663 replies 35 participants last post by  blackcad55 
#1 · (Edited)
I know this thread is a bit premature; however, I called the Capitol Plaza Hotel, Jefferson City, Missouri, last evening to check on my reservation for Shelbyfest 2019. I know...…. I'm in need of psychiatric counseling! It will be held on the first Weekend of May with the car show being on Saturday 05/04/19, and some other Shelbyfest activities on Wed., Thurs., and Friday. They advised our Shelbyfest discounted rate will be $99.00 per night, before taxes. Last year it was $98.00, so no big deal. They are taking reservations at this time. Secondarily, 2018 Shelbyfest registration opened last February 4th, 2018, so I'm guessing that the registration availability for this coming May will be right around the same time. Just go to the Shelbyfest internet site and follow the directions when it opens. Someone will post when it opens, I'm certain. Last year Ray beat me to it! I'm also amenable to initiating the Dianne "Fun Run" to Hermann, Missouri on Friday morning, 05/03/2019, if there is continued interest. Last year we had 20 participants and had a blast!
For those who have attended the past Shelbyfest gatherings, I'm preaching to the choir when I say it is a laugh fest for our group! If you've never attended, and can carve out some time to join us, you'll not regret that decision. It's truly a wonderful opportunity to meet many of the great folks on the forum.

I will also be arriving on Wednesday morning, 05/01/2019, to again place the world famous reserved parking signs in the underground parking area of the hotel where we have historically always parked our Shelbys or whatever we drove to the event! I'll start a new thread around March 2019, to get a head count of who (usually newbees!) will need personal parking signs made. I still have the ones from last year's attendees and after removing them from the security vault, I'll bring them to Shelbyfest 2019.

Postscript: I made some date changes as Shelbyfest has some scheduled activities beginning on Wednesday 5/1/2019.

See less See more
#10 · (Edited)
I know this thread is a bit premature.....
Like many things in old age …. :)

I just added it to my calendar....so I don't forget......lol
Forget??? … forget what?? … oh that, is it happening AGAIN?? :lol:

Pancakes?
Silly question ……:jester:

I had a blast last year and really enjoyed hanging out with everyone. Definitely planning on attending again
Yes, Gjb put us to work last time, unloading that beautiful specimen of his from the trailer …. good times for all !! :)

When you show up in an old, dilapidated van, and still get welcomed and have a good time …. you know you've found a good bunch of people !! Don't hesitate folks !! :lol:

Attachments

#11 ·
Like many things in old age …. :)

Forget??? … forget what?? … oh that, is it happening AGAIN?? :lol:

Silly question ……:jester:

Yes, Gjb put us to work last time, unloading that beautiful specimen of his from the trailer …. good times for all !! :)

When you show up in an old, dilapidated van, and still get welcomed and have a good time …. you know you've found a good bunch of people !! Don't hesitate folks !! :lol:
This is NOT an accurate picture of Gregs' van that he bought to replace his Shelby! It's definitely prettier than that!:grin:

#14 ·
Just a quick update. Kyle Caraway, who is the creator/director of Shelbyfest, just texted me a few minutes ago and confirmed that Shelbyfest 2019 will be the first week-end in May 2019. Some of the Shelbyfest activities will begin on May 1st. (wed) and the car show is on Saturday in downtown Jefferson City, Mo. The Capitol Plaza hotel is now taking reservations for discounted rooms for the Shelbyfest attendees. The Shelbyfest web site should be posting registration forms and prices for T-Shirts and the dinner on Saturday night around the first part of February, and will post the scheduling of activities Wednesday through Saturday. So that's about it for now. Now it's up to you all to come!!!!

#19 ·
I have to say my wife and I were blown away by Mike @03reptile and his wife for sending my wife and I a VERY thoughtful Christmas Card. As some may know, we are going through a relocation and knowing how stressful it can be Mike sent a nice note in a Christmas card wishing us the best during this stressful time. Little things like this that take thought and effort of ones valuable time means the world to us. Thank you Mike and Sharon. I hope I get to personally shake your hand and thank you at Shelbyfest.

Merry Christmas to you too Buddy

#21 ·
He sends them every year and always with a beautiful hand written note. Rare these days to have someone actually take time to write to you. Love it!:x

#22 ·
Thanks for the nice words! It validates my existence! I'm just old school when it comes to Christmas cards. For me, not taking the time to write a note to a friend is not the correct way when it comes to sending Christmas cards. I know many of you have extremely busy life styles and careers, and I am not being at all judgmental toward those who get them done by Shutterfly or other companies. I understand and empathize! I've just always done it the old fashioned way. I used to do them when I was working midnight shift, I'd caught up with my reports, and things were peaceful for a few hours! Glad they are pleasant reminders of how much I value my friendships with so many of you guys and gals!!

#25 · (Edited)
Chicken scratching?????? I'll have you know most folks think my cursive communications are written by Sharon! They are always shocked that a "real man" actually has legible handwriting! Now Sharon's cursive...… it does look like chickens with inked feet ran across the page! She even admits it's atrocious! If she has to leave me a hand written note, she's required to print it! And.... all I care about seeing at Shelbyfest from your family are Amy and Cooper....so there! LOL!

#33 ·
I think Shelby fest first show was either in 08 or 09 if memory serves me correct

I think our show that Brad and I put on was the first SHELBY exclusive show in Oveido Fl ... wish I had kept it going but it died a natural death over the years ...

Horsepower on the Horsefarm was alot of fun but organizing it was alot of work.

Being retired effective Jan 1st next year I hope to attend Shelbyfest in person and drive out there ...... love to hook up and caravan with some other shelbys on the way out !!!

#36 ·
So, after reading the last post from @blackcad55 I finally remembered to make my own reservation. Just got off the phone with the young lady confirming my reservation. So all the regular reprobate attendees with have to put up with me yet another year. :grin:
@03reptile I'll get you the agreed upon amount for my primo reserved parking spot in the dungeon when I get there.:wink:

Reactions: 03reptile
#39 ·
Unfortunately it’s not in the cards for us this year. For some reason, can’t recall why, we scheduled an early vacation in April this year. Really wanted to go and was looking forward to meeting you guys. Hopefully next year.

Reactions: fletchffletch
#48 ·
Please post a link to the site. She said to send her the info! Woo hoo!!! :grin:

#44 ·
We went in 2015 and had planned to every year after but life got in the way. Our son in law had brain tumor surgery in April of 2016 and May of 2018. Our grandson (his son) had brain tumor surgery in May of 2017. I had knee replacement in June of 2017 and July of 2018. So hopefully this year is calm and we can come! Anyway I'm making reservations in hopes that it'll all work! There is a Corvette Rally in the Black Hills every summer in July and people in the area always talk about how unfriendly those people are. Sure can not say the same for the Shelby people! I have never felt more welcomed by any group for everyone that attends. Hope to see you in May!

#45 ·
#46 ·
Just checked the Shelbyfest web site last night just for grins. No 2019 registration announcement yet, but it should appear in early to mid February. I think it's possible that Ford will have a new 2020 Gt500 to show us by May. Now that would be nice! They did the same when the GT350 was introduced. Remember all the bugs on the front end? LOL!

#51 · (Edited)
The Shelbyfest web site is up; however, only info from last year. Kyle has not opened the registration page for the 2019 meet as of two days ago. It usually shows up around mid February. If you have not made a reservation for your stay at the Capitol Plaza Hotel, I'd suggest you do that now to assure that you get a room at the Shelbyfest rate. They start going pretty fast around this time of the year. I checked my records just now and registration opened last year around February 4th, so not too far away. Also Shelbyfest room rates are $99.00 plus tax, while they last. Early bird!...…..

#54 ·
I spoke with Kyle Caraway this evening reference the opening of registration for Shelbyfest 2019. He advised he is almost finished with the registration information and he thinks, if all goes smoothly, it should be up on their web site by approximately the middle of next week. I'll keep checking and keep everyone apprised.

#57 ·
Kyle Caraway also provided this addendum: "Putting something on the Facebook page about one of my core members who was injured..encourage them (forum members) to check it out". I don't participate in Facebook, so I'm unsure what exactly happened. Some of you can check it out and enlighten the group, I'm sure.

#58 ·
Pretty sure Kelly and I are going to make it this year. We may also bring my youngest grandson. He is my car loving kid.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.