Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

SHELBYFEST 2019...Yep, it's coming!

41K views 663 replies 35 participants last post by  blackcad55 
#1 · (Edited)
I know this thread is a bit premature; however, I called the Capitol Plaza Hotel, Jefferson City, Missouri, last evening to check on my reservation for Shelbyfest 2019. I know...…. I'm in need of psychiatric counseling! It will be held on the first Weekend of May with the car show being on Saturday 05/04/19, and some other Shelbyfest activities on Wed., Thurs., and Friday. They advised our Shelbyfest discounted rate will be $99.00 per night, before taxes. Last year it was $98.00, so no big deal. They are taking reservations at this time. Secondarily, 2018 Shelbyfest registration opened last February 4th, 2018, so I'm guessing that the registration availability for this coming May will be right around the same time. Just go to the Shelbyfest internet site and follow the directions when it opens. Someone will post when it opens, I'm certain. Last year Ray beat me to it! I'm also amenable to initiating the Dianne "Fun Run" to Hermann, Missouri on Friday morning, 05/03/2019, if there is continued interest. Last year we had 20 participants and had a blast!
For those who have attended the past Shelbyfest gatherings, I'm preaching to the choir when I say it is a laugh fest for our group! If you've never attended, and can carve out some time to join us, you'll not regret that decision. It's truly a wonderful opportunity to meet many of the great folks on the forum.

I will also be arriving on Wednesday morning, 05/01/2019, to again place the world famous reserved parking signs in the underground parking area of the hotel where we have historically always parked our Shelbys or whatever we drove to the event! I'll start a new thread around March 2019, to get a head count of who (usually newbees!) will need personal parking signs made. I still have the ones from last year's attendees and after removing them from the security vault, I'll bring them to Shelbyfest 2019.

Postscript: I made some date changes as Shelbyfest has some scheduled activities beginning on Wednesday 5/1/2019.

See less See more
#133 ·
RJ
If I still make it this will be my 6th year attending. Drove my Gt500 3 times, 04 Cobra once, Wrangler Rubicon last year since I had sold the Shelby. Needless to say I was left 20 miles behind the group when we went on the fun run to Hermann. Not wanting to be dead last again I upgraded my vehicle for this year. Like OMB, I attend for the people and to admire other people’s great cars.

My schedule time off continues to be plagued by things outside my control. I got hit with our annual visit on wed with one of the rating agencies and then I got a pass from the board meeting on Friday only to be hit with a conflict for my daughter on Friday night. At this point looking like we’d night arrival and leaving right after the fun run lunch on Friday. I still want to come especially since some long time members like Kodiak and Catmonkey are showing up for the first time. Look forward to meeting you if you can make it.

Curious if Goose is going to make another appearance?

Tag

#146 ·
Changed my sig pic. The little guy in the bright green shirt is my car grandkid. He is coming with me and Kelly to Shelbyfest this year. The picture is my kids and grandkids. Only one missing is my beautiful granddaughter.

#154 ·
Trying to pull off a trip to Shelbyfest this year. Does anyone have a forum group “schedule”? ie: when does the drive to Hermann take place?

#155 · (Edited)
Hey Ted! Glad to hear you're trying to make the trip!! Pick up Nick, Amy, and Cooper on your way to Shelbyfest! LOL! To answer your question, I will probably utilize the same schedule as last year and have the Fun Run to Hermann on Friday, mid-morning. I'll be calling the Stone Hill Winery in Hermann in the next couple weeks to make a reservation for the group. Last year we had about 20 people attend and we all had a great time driving and eating lunch at the winery. There is no other specific schedule for our activities other than the Hermann Run. Folks start trickling in from Wednesday on. We historically end up washing/detailing our cars after the trip, talking and admiring some of the Shelbys, and usually end up in the hotel lounge around 4 or 5 PM. Some of the time we order Pizza or supper at the lounge and spend the evening just having drinks, getting re-acquainted, and laughing. Oftentimes we'll all walk downtown, ( fairly close) as a group, and eat at a restaurant. There are planned activities related to the Shelbyfest administration on Thursday and Friday and these will be listed on their web site once they get it up-dated for 2019. Friday evening they have a big BBQ and beer get-together behind the hotel and they shut down McCarty street which parallels the hotel. They have all manner of Fords parked for this evening show and there is a live band playing. We always get together in groups and just eat, drink, and look at the cars. Saturday is the show and historically, we gather in the big State Government parking lot about 6:00AM. Kyle Caraway (director) always sends a volunteer to direct us to the downtown show where we can all park together. I'll be starting two new threads; "Who needs a parking sign" and "Who is going on the Fun Run".

#157 ·
Just an addendum: I checked the Shelbyfest web site and it's still showing 2018 activities etc. I just texted Kyle Caraway asking about an ETA for the new 2019 registration and when the Shelbyfest web site will be up-dated to 2019. Ted, I also forgot to tell you that on Saturday evening they have a sit down dinner, guest speakers, and door prizes in one of the big dining rooms in the hotel. You sign up for the dinner when you register your car, etc. On Sunday morning everyone bids their tearful goodby's and starts their treks back home.

#163 ·
Saturday evening they have a sit down dinner, guest speakers, and door prizes in one of the big dining rooms in the hotel. You sign up for the dinner when you register your car, etc.
Was last year’s banquet as painfully long and boring as years past or has it gotten better? It was a total snooze-fest before.

#172 · (Edited)
hotel reservations made

Coming in on wed and leaving Sun

When is the registration site going to open up?

* nav in and spare tire in the trunk and thinking of putting heated seats to help my bad back on the long trip

Reactions: 03reptile and OMB
#177 ·
My hopes of attending were doomed evening before last. Wife found out she’s going to be in Texas, New Mexico and Arizona two weeks in each month. April, May and June for work.Probably be lucky if we can still go on the vacation in April we’ve had planned since last spring. Hopefully next year fellas.

#185 ·
Most stock GT500's would be looking ahead seeing the GT350 in front of it getting smaller and smaller.

Regarding flat out speed ..... dependent on the year of the GT500 and assuming both cars are stock, it would be close with the 07-10 GT500's but my nod goes to the GT350

The newer GT500's with 650 ish HP I'd have to give the nod to the GT500

Reactions: blackcad55
#188 ·
Hey guys I always have to work shelbyfest weekend but am taking off this year and just made my reservations. My wife and I will arrive sometime Thursday as it is a 7hour drive from Nashville and depart Sunday morning. This will be our 1st time attending looking forward to meeting everyone. I have a couple questions about parking if I trailer my car. I haven't decided if I am going to drive or trailer my Shelby. I also may have a friend that will definitely trailer his car so is there parking for truck and trailer available at the hotel?

#189 ·
From what I remember, trucks/trailers had the area circled in red to park. This will be my first year trailering versus driving.

Aerial photography Intersection Urban area City Urban design

#197 ·
Good confirmation for me since I'll be coming with my trailer. Last year the hotel staff said I could park across the street or anywhere I could fit, but I didn't make it last year. It's always a little anxious the first time going some place and needing a lot of parking room. My total length is about 50 feet. So I can't just jam her in anywhere.

#199 ·
If the weather is nice, I’ll take the R on the Hermann fun run. I just did a search and found red painter’s tape. I think I will tape the crap out of the car and make me some matching pants. :redcap:

#207 ·
Green painters tape, Road Warrior protection, plasti dip, road protection film, etc.

I've used three of these. The Road Warrior is clear when dried. It takes three coats and is time consuming to apply. IMO, it looks the best. Although, I found that it leaves pin heads Size dots in various places when removed. I'm still finding the suckers after not using it for two years. It is simply removed by peeling it off.

Tape does t look great. But, easy to apply and remove. No spots left after removal.

I have not tried yet clear protection film. I have seen write up stating that you better be careful which one you use as some of it has very aggressive adhesive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#213 ·
John: I've had several positive interactions with the President of Colgan bras which has been absorbed by Covercraft. I purchased a 2007, 2011, and 2013 Colgan bra for my past Shelby's. I had to talk to the President of the company to get them to make a pattern for the 2011 and the 2013 cars because they were dragging their feet getting them on the market. He got it done pretty quickly. I think the 2011 Shelby front clip is the same as your 2012 Shelby, so I would think they already have the pattern in stock and will simply have to make one for your 2012. They usually take about a month to get it to you, so I'd suggest giving them a call and get it ordered, now, so you'll have it in time for the trip to Missouri. I've been using Colgan car bras for long trips since my 2003 Terminator and it is a good product.

#215 · (Edited)
I just got off the phone with Ashley at Covercraft (405)236-9651. She advised they do have 2012 GT500 two piece bras. Here are the choices and model numbers:
Standard material with opening for front tag: BC-4154. Same as previous bra but in carbon fiber look material: BC-4154CF. If you want one without the opening for front tag: BC-4155, and one in carbon fiber look material is BC-4155CF. They have some in stock now, so just call them and decide what model bra you want. I really didn't feel it was necessary to get the carbon fiber look, but to each his own. Hope this helps. If they have the bra you want in stock, you'll get it in less than a week. If they have to make one, it's roughly 3 weeks. You should have time, either way!

#220 ·
Just saw a post from Kyle on facebook. He said that the registration should be up this weekend. He didn’t say exactly what time so just check it out tomorrow and see.

Reactions: Norton and Goose17
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.