Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

2018 Procharged Mustang GT at WannaGoFast Ocala

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  blackcad55 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys! Thought I'd give everyone an update on the new mustang I got after selling the Shelby since everyone seemed to like my 1/2mi Racing videos from the past.

As some of you know I sold my 2013 GT500 back in November and picked up a 2018 Fury Orange GT Premium (Digital Dash) 10r80 car. Well we added a procharger D1X along with a bunch of supporting modifications over the last month and this was the result. 168mph+ in the 1/2mi! The best I ever managed with my 2013 GT500 was 152mph which was actually with Just an Intake and Tune. Once I started modifying that car for drag racing (3.73 gears) it actually slowed down in the 1/2mi despite adding almost 100whp.

Mod List and Videos below! Hope this gets some of you excited to give these events a shot as it is a ton of fun!

GT350R in photo is a Built Sleeved Motor with Procharger F1A-94 that went 184mph (Owned by Coastal Chassis Dyno in Tampa)!

2018 GT Premium 401A (FULL WEIGHT, 200lb Driver)
10r80
Orange Fury
e85 (Thorton's Tested 83-85%)

Modifications:

HP Tuner Ngauge - Remote Tune by Palm Beach Dyno (GO ROB)
Procharger D1X Stage 2 with Race Red BOV
ARH 1 7/8th Long Tubes
ATI Balancer
ID 1050x
DW400
JMS BAP
UPR Catch Can
NGK Plugs
Boundary OPG
Boundary CS
ATI Crank Bolt
Viking Crusaders
BMR Drag Springs
BMR Spherical Lower Control Arm Bearing (BK081)
BMR Vertical Links (TCA048)
BMR Cradle Bushing Lockout (CB010)
Ford Racing G-Force Half-Shafts
Forge Star F14 17x10 with 275/40r17 ET Street R

See less See more
3 3
#5 ·
O yea definitely a good pucker moment! Glad you guys liked them! That HPtuners Software for the Overlays is very user friendly once you get that Data Sync'd with the Video.

Nice runs. I was following my buddies over at Fathouse Fabrications all weekend. Looks like a lot of good times came out of this event.
O yea they had the 1400R GT350R out there! I believe their best run was 192mph.

Awesome Andrew! Thanks for sharing your kickass videos with us and way to drive! I probably would have puckered pretty hard at a triple digit slide.
Thanks Tim! Traction is definitely limited on the runways but it is really amazing to be able to run your car flat out for 1/2 mile. Completely different experience than heading to your local drag strip.

-Andrew

#4 ·
Awesome Andrew! Thanks for sharing your kickass videos with us and way to drive! I probably would have puckered pretty hard at a triple digit slide.

Reactions: fletchffletch
#7 ·
Thanks! I see you are in Port Charlotte, My next project is supposed to be down there a the New SunSeeker Resort they are building on the River. We will have to meet up some time! I am scheduled to start down there sometime around September.

-Andrew

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.