Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

So I went and did a thing / GT350 Build Thread

21K views 219 replies 42 participants last post by  mavisky 
#1 ·
GT500 Vert is gone - new toy has been picked up.

2018 GT350 Serial # J0006
Orange Fury with black/white stripes
Optioned with Recaros and Navigation

First mods have already begun. Gas pedal spacer and Steeda clutch spring upgrade. Certainly won't be chasing the 700hp barrier with this car the way I did with the previous.

Utterly amazed at the tech and the overall composure the vehicle has compared to the old live axle setup on the 09. The 305 pilot super sports in the rear help, but boy does this thing put power down and control all of it's body motions in an amazing fashion, and my god the brakes. They are so aggressive that I nearly didn't stop the wife's truck today in time as I was trying to stop it the way I stop in the 350.

See less See more
#6 ·
Outstanding! Congratulations on the 350!

I have never ridden in one, but I’m sure it feels quite “planted” to the road much like my 00R. Don’t get me wrong, I love my GT500, but the IRS and race suspension make my R so much fun to drive. Cars that handle that well enspire confidence... you know exactly what it’s going to do at all times... no surprises!

If the next GT500 comes with power AND a good suspension, it’ll be nuts!

#7 ·
I was hammering it today and made a hard 2nd to 3rd shift at like 65 while in a turn and it just gave the littlest wiggle and kept on going. The GT500 would have sent me doing donuts across 4 lanes.

#8 · (Edited)
Very nice. The VP of the company where I work has been looking for “the right” R for a while. He grabbed me at lunch a few weeks ago and took me to look at a grey(forget the name) one. He asked if they would pull it out of the showroom so we could drive it but wanted me to drive? I wasn’t sure what to say. He bought a 50th anniversary GT back in 15 and it only has like 30 miles on it. I couldn’t but I felt like saying. “Please don’t buy this and park it. This horse needs to run”!!! :grin:

Congrats man. Let her run!

#11 ·
AWESOME!!! [emoji869][emoji869][emoji869]

Congrats, Kyle. I love that color combo — killer! [emoji106]

I think you need to work off the big Thanksgiving feast tomorrow by working through the gears for a few hundred miles in the north GA mountains. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#13 ·
If I didn't have inlaws staying with us all weekend I absolutely would.

Congratulations!

Man, seems like you just decided recently that a change was in order, you don't mess around.
Truthfully I've been shopping new cars for the majority of the year with a lot of my focus being on 2011 to 2013 997.2 Turbo and Turbo S cars. In the end we decided to dial back on the financial expenditures after a local dealer had a 2,000 mile 2017 GT350 in all white show up for 50K vs the 85 to 90K for the 911's. I began watching videos and researching this as an option and decided to move forward with the GT350 when that local car sold.

Luckily for me things seem to happen for a reason and this car turned up 240 miles away as a used 2018 with 2,100 miles, the option package I wanted, the low build number, and at 10K off of brand new. Deal was basically just too good to pass up so we made the deal and made the drive. Would have liked to have gotten more for my trade in, but considering how much I saved on this car I was fine with the deal at the end of it.

#12 ·
Congratulations!

Man, seems like you just decided recently that a change was in order, you don't mess around.

#19 ·
Massive change. Any hope of subtlety went right out the window.

Kyle, you're killing me! LOL! I really am tempted to get a new GT350. Tired of waiting for the new GT500 or any tangible info about it! I was beside one (in wife's BMW) for a while on the beltway a couple days ago. He was going through the gears, and gearing down for the off ramp. Man did that thing sound great! Is your's an "R" ?
Not an R as I needed the backseat and Ford stopped selling the backseat installation kit for the R's a while ago.

#16 ·
Kyle, you're killing me! LOL! I really am tempted to get a new GT350. Tired of waiting for the new GT500 or any tangible info about it! I was beside one (in wife's BMW) for a while on the beltway a couple days ago. He was going through the gears, and gearing down for the off ramp. Man did that thing sound great! Is your's an "R" ?

#23 ·
Nice.

Love that colour. I respect your first "first" choice too....997.2 Turbos are terrific cars but $$$$$.

For $150, do the resonator delete. My good friend did it. No drone. Still quiet in non-sport mode/ 6th gear. But when you open it up / decel on sport mode, look out.

Night and day compared to your 09. When I went from driving my buddy's back to mine, it was like I hopped into a '94 F-350. I love my car, but other than the power, the GT350 is on a entire other level.

#25 ·
That's exactly how I felt after getting in it and driving it some. I've considered the resonator delete, but this thing is pretty crazy loud as it is. I should probably get under the car and see if it already has the resonator delete on it. So far everything looks and appears to be 100% stock to this point.

awesome car...

Does it have the rev match??

Enjoy
Does not have the rev match that the new GT's have. Still using my heel to cover that. Hoping the throttle pedal spacer mod will make that easier. If not I'll order another set of SRP pedals for this car. Absolutely loved them on my 2009.

#27 ·
Simply beautiful!

#28 ·
Congrats Kyle, I see why we did not hook up for the pulley puller. Let me know, I'm ready !

Reactions: fletchffletch
#33 ·
YOU GOT ONE !!!!...... Glad to hear about no oil loss ... is it brand new ?

I didnt follow it but there is a brake in procedure and I recomend you follow it

Beautiful car Kyle !!

#35 ·
Not brand new. 2,000 miles on it. Bone stock except for a resonator delete. Car came out of Canada and has the center gauges in BAR and C* instead of PSI and F*. Has the typical driver's side wiper hood scratch and no floormats, but is otherwise in seemingly great shape.

Car is up to 2,700 miles now and I just always take it easy to start and keep the revs below 3 until my oil temps are up in the mid 100's and cylinder head temps are nearing 200.

#34 ·
Wow, that's killer, totally jealous, and love the orange!

#39 ·
I love that color of orange. If it were mine, I think I would prefer the LeMans stripes to be solid white with no pin stripes and wheels with polished barrels with a light charcoal or silver wheel centers.

I guess I might be overly sensitive to the Halloween motif. See quite a few Porsches with orange and black everything and seems too much for me.

#40 ·
Plan is for gunmetal wheels most likely and then a re-do of the stripes. In 2019 the black stripes have the "Magnetic" color instead of white alongside them. Something similar to that to tie into the gunmetal wheels.

Just finished the install of the Sullivan Racing Products pedals. Had these on my GT500 and they're just the best. Also playing around with some orange vinyl overlays. Working with a vendor some more this week to get some finalized color options. Think we have it narrowed down, but I have one final batch of samples coming in.