Kenne Bell 168 Monoblade - Ford Shelby GT500 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
RBB

Kenne Bell 168 Monoblade

Electronics already installed and I’ll throw in a Gen3 TVS adapter plate if you need it.

$650 shipped
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DF1782B6-ECBD-4C3D-9F3A-DBB66EDB5A0F_1555202160134.jpeg
Views:	3
Size:	3.54 MB
ID:	185663  

2011 GT500 - JDM Engineering built 5.8, JDM SS cams, TVS, 2.5" upper/10% lower, Fore return fuel system, ID1000s, VMP BAP, VMP twin 67, VMP triple pass heat exchanger, Centerforce Dyad, DSS CF Driveshaft, MGW Gen2, PMAS 120, BMR adjustable LCAs/UCA/Panhard & Relo brackets, Aeroforce gauges, Stainless Works 1 7/8" headers, Offroad X, Corsa Sport
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 06:59 AM

Re: Kenne Bell 168 Monoblade

Out of curiosity, why are you getting rid of it?

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 09:03 AM Thread Starter
RBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle518 View Post
Out of curiosity, why are you getting rid of it?
Drivability with my setup (cams, etc) is just not what I want it to be on the street.

2011 GT500 - JDM Engineering built 5.8, JDM SS cams, TVS, 2.5" upper/10% lower, Fore return fuel system, ID1000s, VMP BAP, VMP twin 67, VMP triple pass heat exchanger, Centerforce Dyad, DSS CF Driveshaft, MGW Gen2, PMAS 120, BMR adjustable LCAs/UCA/Panhard & Relo brackets, Aeroforce gauges, Stainless Works 1 7/8" headers, Offroad X, Corsa Sport
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBB View Post
Drivability with my setup (cams, etc) is just not what I want it to be on the street.
Thatís honestly what I was looking for as an answer, I heard drivability was an issue with the mono blades.

I also have cams and a bunch of other mods and just ported my Gen2R and wanted to take advantage of it by doing the KB 168.

Is it choppy under normal driving? Also, what were the gains you saw with it? I have the twin 67 right now.

Thanks!

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 05:36 PM

The big monoblades are a lot more sensitive to throttle input than a smaller twin blade. It can be worth a quite a few horses on a built engine, but unless you need all that extra power, it's not going to be your best option for street driving. I've got one I will be tuning for all out effort, but I'm not likely to run it except when I need the extra power when driveability isn't a concern. This is a pretty good deal.

2012 performance white stripe delete - kinda sorta stock
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catmonkey View Post
The big monoblades are a lot more sensitive to throttle input than a smaller twin blade. It can be worth a quite a few horses on a built engine, but unless you need all that extra power, it's not going to be your best option for street driving. I've got one I will be tuning for all out effort, but I'm not likely to run it except when I need the extra power when driveability isn't a concern. This is a pretty good deal.
Yeah pretty much everything Iíve heard, I was told about 30 wheel roughly.

Gen3 VMP is what I plan to jump to this coming winter but was looking to maximize my current set up, but I donít know if the little extra would be worth the worse drivability.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
RBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle518 View Post
Quote:
That’s honestly what I was looking for as an answer, I heard drivability was an issue with the mono blades.

I also have cams and a bunch of other mods and just ported my Gen2R and wanted to take advantage of it by doing the KB 168.

Is it choppy under normal driving? Also, what were the gains you saw with it? I have the twin 67 right now.

Thanks!
Yeah, choppy as hell, surges, and any kind of low speed driving sucks. First startup tune drove great until the car got warm and then it would just go into failsafe mode nonstop.

After a revision to the tune it quit throwing codes, but drivability went to hell. Seems to be a crapshoot with these things....guy that had it before me had no issues. Called KB and got on the line with one of their engineers. He had me run it through some tests and send some pictures, nothing wrong with it, just not doing it for me. Maybe the next guy will have better luck with it.

As far as gains go I have no idea. Installed it with my Gen3 so I have no data to compare to. As Catmonkey was saying if I was strictly racing the car I’d keep it. That said, I know these things can be tuned for decent drivability on the street, but my tuner either doesn’t seem to have the talent or just doesn’t want to spend the time. I’m guessing it’s the latter.

Last edited by RBB; Yesterday at 08:22 PM.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Today, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Yeah, choppy as hell, surges, and any kind of low speed driving sucks. First startup tune drove great until the car got warm and then it would just go into failsafe mode nonstop.

After a revision to the tune it quit throwing codes, but drivability went to hell. Seems to be a crapshoot with these things....guy that had it before me had no issues. Called KB and got on the line with one of their engineers. He had me run it through some tests and send some pictures, nothing wrong with it, just not doing it for me. Maybe the next guy will have better luck with it.

As far as gains go I have no idea. Installed it with my Gen3 so I have no data to compare to. As Catmonkey was saying if I was strictly racing the car I’d keep it. That said, I know these things can be tuned for decent drivability on the street, but my tuner either doesn’t seem to have the talent or just doesn’t want to spend the time. I’m guessing it’s the latter.
Thanks for the info, I've heard the same as far as it coming down to the tuner.

Sorry to clutter up your sale thread with negativity about the product haha

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Shelby GT500 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in