Partial Stripe Replacement - Ford Shelby Cobra GT500 Forum
Shelby Cobra GT500 Shelby Cobra GT500 Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Shelby Cobra GT500 Forum > Ford GT500 Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion General Discussion about the Ford GT500

FordGT500.com is the premier Ford GT500 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-19-2010, 02:06 PM

65sohc is on a distinguished road
Default Partial Stripe Replacement

I am going to fill in the license plate bracket holes that the dummies at the dealership drilled in my front bumper. Does Ford sell just that small section of vinyl stripe separately?
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2010, 04:24 PM

RTSteve is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Partial Stripe Replacement

According to the body shop at my local dealership.... No. I have to replace one of the stripes on the rear bumper, and even the body shop manager was surprised that they were an entire kit. He said the price was over $1000. He did give me the number of a vinyl guy they use that could replace just that one section. I am sure your body shop has someone that does the same for them they could recommend.

VMP TVS / 2.4" upper and 10% lower / FRPP 65mmTB / JLT 123mm CAI / AFCO dual fan / Kooks Longtubes / Thump tensioner / 72lb inj & VMP BAP / McLeod RXT / 3.73 / TrueTrac / Tokico D-Specs / Tuned by Pro-Dyno, Fort Mill, SC

754 RWHP - 742 RWTQ
6.83@108 1/8th mile... 1.62 60ft. (pump gas and drag radials)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2010, 05:18 PM

WCA is on a distinguished road

You can get sections. I replaced the right half of my rear bumper when it got scratched. It was about $80.00. I got it at the local Ford dealer.

2007 GT500 Vista Blue. VMP Gen II TVS w/2.50 pulley, VMP dual 67mm TB, JLT 127mm intake, 72# injectors, BAP, 10% lower, SVT1 exhaust, automatic trans, C&R radiator, TRW piston return springs, C&R dual fan heat exchanger, Steeda UCA LCA, Trutrac w/3.73's, off-road H-pipe.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:03 AM

blazeone is on a distinguished road

Yes, each piece is a different part number.

9 second car with a 10 second driver
Old 12-20-2010, 11:44 AM

Snake Doc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65sohc View Post
I am going to fill in the license plate bracket holes that the dummies at the dealership drilled in my front bumper. Does Ford sell just that small section of vinyl stripe separately?
Contact mrfarmdog on this forum, he may have the ability to make the stripes. He makes the "SHELBY" templates for relocating the SHELBY logo on the rear of the '07-'09s.

Good Luck!

2011 Red/White GT500 SVTPP; Hood lifts, CAI resonator eliminator,
'07-'09 Strut Tower Brace, & JLT Splash Guards
Old 12-20-2010, 12:53 PM

jfreemanmd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
If you don't want to go the stripe route, do a search regarding plugs designed for the license plate bracket holes...I'm pretty sure there is a thread on this forum that gives a link to the store you can order them from (they are available in all the Ford colors)...just another option!

2010 Shelby GT500 Black with 2.9 Whipple with 3.0" pulley, Ford Cobrajet oval monoblade TB, JLT 127mm CAI, 72lb injectors, dual BAP, BMR suspension, Tokico D-specs, Shelby/Baer extremes, AFCO dual fan HE, AFCO large capacity rad, SPEC P-trim, DSS 1piece DS, Borla "S", Lund 93 tune, Hoosier R6s...
Old 12-20-2010, 12:53 PM

RayMan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Doc View Post
Contact mrfarmdog on this forum, he may have the ability to make the stripes. He makes the "SHELBY" templates for relocating the SHELBY logo on the rear of the '07-'09s.

Good Luck!
+2 http://www.stuckonyougraphics.com

Stupid dealer!

#2244 of 3004 built / #635 0f 842 in Ebony / 434 with Alloy Stripes (now custom harvest gold) / 603 with Black Interior

Build Date - October 22, 2008 / Purchased - May 11, 2009

GET IN, SIT DOWN, SHUT UP AND HANG ON!

Old 12-20-2010, 12:58 PM

jfreemanmd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I will NEVER understand why a dealer will drill holes without asking the buyer first!! Anyway, here it is...www.bumperplugs.com - they carry first-class plugs for the holes painted in factory-match colors...
Good luck!

Jay

2010 Shelby GT500 Black with 2.9 Whipple with 3.0" pulley, Ford Cobrajet oval monoblade TB, JLT 127mm CAI, 72lb injectors, dual BAP, BMR suspension, Tokico D-specs, Shelby/Baer extremes, AFCO dual fan HE, AFCO large capacity rad, SPEC P-trim, DSS 1piece DS, Borla "S", Lund 93 tune, Hoosier R6s...
Old 12-20-2010, 02:23 PM

65sohc is on a distinguished road

I actually have the plugs in now but, after curing a horrendous noise that was torturing me ever since installing the Griggs suspension (which, BTW, turned out to have nothing to do with the suspension) I love my car again and want to make it perfect.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:38 AM

Cobra Drifter is on a distinguished road

+3 on Stuck on You Graphics. I got my fender GT500 and fender stripes for templating the reverse carbon fiber on my fenders and hes a great guy with great product.
2001 Cobra Vert. #1439/3384. Orig owner (316 rwhp/310 tq SAE 5)
JLT RAI, FRPP red calipers, slotted/cross-drilled rotors, MGW shifter, Eibach Pros & F/R Sway bars, Hotchkis Billet CC Plates, Basanni Exhaust (hi-flo cats, x-pipe, & 3.5" polished tips), Bilsteins, Accufab TB, 3.73's, SLP line lock, UDPs, Bassani Headers. Cust. tune!
TruForums.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Shelby Cobra GT500 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.