ford racing tvs 2.3 vs. whipple 2.9 vs vmp tvs - Page 3 - Ford Shelby Cobra GT500 Forum
Shelby Cobra GT500 Shelby Cobra GT500 Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Shelby Cobra GT500 Forum > Ford GT500 Discussions > Performance Modifications

Performance Modifications You've gotten your GT500, now let's improve what Ford gave us!

FordGT500.com is the premier Ford GT500 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:23 AM

T3RMIN8TOR is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ford racing tvs 2.3 vs. whipple 2.9 vs vmp tvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfangel96 View Post
I'm looking to start my first mod's on a 2012 GT500 SVTPP, maybe somewhere in the 3-4K price range, starting with a VMP TVS and pulley I think, any recommendations on size and what. After the blower and pulley, what else should I be looking at doing.

Thanks ahead of time for any input from you guy's that have already done your mod's.

Wolfangel96
127mm CAI, TB, tune, headers and suspension!! Although it will put you past your desired budget!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Mods:20% Ceramic Tints, Shorty Antenna, Roush Side and Rear Splitters, Redline Hood Struts, Bob's Oil Sep., Forgestar CF 10's, MPSS Tires, JLT 127mm CF CAI, FRPP CJ 65mm MB TB, 2.4 Upper, 170* Thermostat, Steeda Lowering Springs, Cortex Watts Link, Cortex Torque Arm, Cortex Adj. LCA's, ARH 1 7/8'' LT With O/R X Pipe, and Stainless Works Cat Back, SS Clutch and Brake Lines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2013, 12:29 PM

Goose17 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'm looking to start my first mod's on a 2012 GT500 SVTPP, maybe somewhere in the 3-4K price range, starting with a VMP TVS and pulley I think, any recommendations on size and what. After the blower and pulley, what else should I be looking at doing.

Thanks ahead of time for any input from you guy's that have already done your mod's.

Wolfangel96
Here is a new Whipple for sale:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...ple-2-9-a.html
2011 with: FR750 2.9 Whipple kit. VMP dual-fan HE. DSS AL driveshaft. Faye's 2 Watts Link. Bob's LCA's. Borla-S mufflers. Disc Italia drilled/slotted rotors + ceramic pads. Chrome AMR wheels + MT UHP Street Comp tires with added raised white letters. MRT louvers, AMR 1/4 window louvers. Stable includes 04 Mystichrome Terminator vert, 02 GT coupe, 93 teal SVT Cobra and an 89 GT vert.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:31 PM
Supporting Vendor

VNMOUS1 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: ford racing tvs 2.3 vs. whipple 2.9 vs vmp tvs

Quote:

Wolfangel96
This...........
http://vmptuning.com/07-12-gt500-pow...t500jlt123pak/

This............
http://vmptuning.com/07-12-gt500-induction/72elbow11/

This............
http://vmptuning.com/superchargers/strippertvs/

This............
http://vmptuning.com/07-12-gt500-coo...fcohedualtank/

So, what you get is a VMP TVS "stripper", a VMP CNC port matched elbow, JLT 123mm intake, 2.50" pulley, 90mm idler, SCT X3 handheld device, VMP Custom tunes by Justin Starkey, AFCO Pro-Series Dual Fan heat exchanger, 3x tank.

Everything you need til you're ready for a larger throttle body or a lower damper.

$4677.98 list. It's Friday afternoon and I'm feeling a little loose with the boss's money.

SO.....if you or anyone wants this package, call my cell phone at **BJVMP (then hit send from your cellphone) and I'll get it out to you at a phenomenal price....and I DO mean phenomenal!!

In fact, I'll do the price through Monday but you can't order online...only via my cellphone and I can't post the price.

Have a great weekend.

bj
Cellular (from cell only) **BJVMP (send)
bj@vmptuning.com

2007 GT500 Coupe #478
747rwhp/744tq VMP GEN II TVS
All mods available from www.vmptuning.com
Old 08-30-2013, 05:12 PM

skyrydr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNMOUS1 View Post
This...........
http://vmptuning.com/07-12-gt500-pow...t500jlt123pak/

This............
http://vmptuning.com/07-12-gt500-induction/72elbow11/

This............
http://vmptuning.com/superchargers/strippertvs/

This............
http://vmptuning.com/07-12-gt500-coo...fcohedualtank/

So, what you get is a VMP TVS "stripper", a VMP CNC port matched elbow, JLT 123mm intake, 2.50" pulley, 90mm idler, SCT X3 handheld device, VMP Custom tunes by Justin Starkey, AFCO Pro-Series Dual Fan heat exchanger, 3x tank.

Everything you need til you're ready for a larger throttle body or a lower damper.

$4677.98 list. It's Friday afternoon and I'm feeling a little loose with the boss's money.

SO.....if you or anyone wants this package, call my cell phone at **BJVMP (then hit send from your cellphone) and I'll get it out to you at a phenomenal price....and I DO mean phenomenal!!

In fact, I'll do the price through Monday but you can't order online...only via my cellphone and I can't post the price.

Have a great weekend.

bj

Bj,

Have a couple of questions for you:

1. Please tell me the difference between VMP package and Ford Racing package (13 TVS, elbow, 65mm tb) TVS. How much real difference is there besides the blower warranty. As far as a tune, you guys offer a tune for FR TVS 299 + 150. The ford TVS package can be bought for $2700, plus your tune for $450 = $3150 and you get the 65mm TB........ Can you beat that price (see #2 below)?

2. On your weekend package deal, PM me the price without SCT handheld, 2.5 pulley, 90mm idler, and AFCO HE (got these already). Can you add in a 65mm tb to the rest and still keep it phenomenal?

Thanks...
Old 08-30-2013, 05:56 PM

murrocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
Great price for a great kit! If I had it to do all over again, I'd do the same thing I did the first time.
'09 GT500 Performance White / Vista Blue Stripes ~ Whipple 2.9, JLT 127mm CAI, FRPP CJ 65mm TB, 72lb injectors, IW + 10%, RXT clutch & flywheel, KB BAP, 3/4" lower billet motor mounts, BMR U&LCA's, FRPP Handling Package, DSS 1 Piece Drive Shaft, FRPP shifter, WMS Stealth Hood Pins, SOS Dual Pillar Gauge Pod / Cobalt Gauges, Magnaflow 3" Catted X Pipe / 3" Magnaflow Catbacks, NGK BREF plugs, AFCO Dual Fan HX, Large Coolant Resevoir, 170* t-stat, TOYO r888's, Lund Tune
Old 08-30-2013, 08:47 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrydr View Post
Bj,

Have a couple of questions for you:

1. Please tell me the difference between VMP package and Ford Racing package (13 TVS, elbow, 65mm tb) TVS. How much real difference is there besides the blower warranty. As far as a tune, you guys offer a tune for FR TVS 299 + 150. The ford TVS package can be bought for $2700, plus your tune for $450 = $3150 and you get the 65mm TB........ Can you beat that price (see #2 below)?

2. On your weekend package deal, PM me the price without SCT handheld, 2.5 pulley, 90mm idler, and AFCO HE (got these already). Can you add in a 65mm tb to the rest and still keep it phenomenal?

Thanks...
Wow, $2700 is a couple of hundred cheaper than even Tousley Ford Parts has offered it. That's cheap.

Now, to your question:

1. Ported inlet, cnc port matched elbow, different snout. It's all about airflow in these animals. And while you may not think warranty matters, I can tell you three of the Ford units that have crapped out in the past year. I know of one of ours that had a manufacturing flaw. Replaced under warranty. A few thousand bucks is a lotta dough to risk for a couple of hundred in my opinion. But then again people drive without insurance too.

The VMP TVS doesn't look like grandma's apple pie. I have NO idea of what the hell they were thinking on that one. I get the 5.8 since it's for their "halo" car....I get SVT. But the lattice work?

Short version on the Ford kit. They have nothing in the kit. They COULD charge even less than they do, but they won't. They put crap in that you don't need (belt, fuel rails, etc) and a nice throttle body. Realistically, you're getting a blower, a pulley you'll change out anyway, some junk and a throttle body for....let's call it $2700.

Now the math. Ours includes the pulley you'll actually want (add $150 to the price of the Ford, plus a pulley tool or maybe you can borrow one). Now you're at $2850. Add in the $150 premium that not only we but others charge for tunes for that blower. Sub total is now $3000.00. You still need tunes for both of them. $199.00

$3200 vs $3700. And you can get a Twin Jet 67mm throttle body with ours. Bigger. Better.

We're more expensive. When you look at the pieces and parts...factor in the warranty and unlimited tech support and the fact that every additional part you buy from us in the future will be tuned for at no charge......then it's up to the buyer to roll the dice. We know exactly how many of the Ford units have been sold. They're cheap. Money is hard to come by and we get it. That's why we create more value than Ford can through the warranty, tech support, service and calibrations. At the end of the day, you get what you pay for. Good or bad.

Wish I could sell ours cheaper, but I can't. A: Because we can't undercut our valuable dealers. B: Because we don't have 5000 'on car' units to force the manufacturer into lowball pricing. Trust me, they don't like it.

We're here when you need us. That's a good thing.

Oh, and your price for the special....email me please. I don't do ANY business on PM for security reasons. Thanks

bj
bj@vmptuning.com

2007 GT500 Coupe #478
Old 08-30-2013, 10:24 PM

skyrydr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNMOUS1 View Post
..........1. Ported inlet, cnc port matched elbow, different snout. It's all about airflow in these animals. And while you may not think warranty matters, I can tell you three of the Ford units that have crapped out in the past year. I know of one of ours that had a manufacturing flaw. Replaced under warranty. A few thousand bucks is a lotta dough to risk for a couple of hundred in my opinion. But then again people drive without insurance too....
So, are you saying the stock '13 5.8 TVS are prone to issues? Even more so than the '10 thru '12 M122's? Please clarify...... thanks.

Will send you an email for the price........
Old 08-31-2013, 03:53 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrydr View Post
So, are you saying the stock '13 5.8 TVS are prone to issues? Even more so than the '10 thru '12 M122's? Please clarify...... thanks.

Will send you an email for the price........
No, I didn't say that at all.

Bj McCarty
Business Manager
VMP Tuning
Bj@vmptuning.com
(321) 206-9369 x 112
Cellular **bjvmp (send)
bj@vmptuning.com

2007 GT500 Coupe #478
Old 08-31-2013, 06:37 AM

Tuna is on a distinguished road

The VMP TVS doesn't look like grandma's apple pie. I have NO idea of what the hell they were thinking on that one. I get the 5.8 since it's for their "halo" car....I get SVT. But the lattice work?

Short version on the Ford kit. They have nothing in the kit. They COULD charge even less than they do, but they won't. They put crap in that you don't need (belt, fuel rails, etc) and a nice throttle body. Realistically, you're getting a blower, a pulley you'll change out anyway, some junk and a throttle body for....let's call it $2700.

That's why we create more value than Ford can through the warranty, tech support, service and calibrations. At the end of the day, you get what you pay for. Good or bad.

BJ

I love my Apple Pie along with a Side of (belt, fuel rails, etc and 65 mm TB). Oh yeah used all of them.

Warranty:Ford Designed this Blower to go 5 years/60 miles under warranty ( I was willing to take my chances )

And at the end of my day this proved to be a very good investment for the power level I was looking for.

Tuna

2007 Gt500 Red/White Red/Black Int.
2013 TVS, 2.4 Upper,IW 10% Lower,65mm TB, Metco Aux. Idler,JLT Big Air,JLT Oil Seperators,72lb Injectors
AFCO Dual Pass, Roush Intercooler Tank, TR6 Plugs,Kooks LT O/R H-Pipe,
Borla Touring,Barton Shifter,BMR Lower Control Arms,Eradispeed 2 Piece Rotors,D-Specs Eibach Pro Kit,Shelbly CS40's with Nitto Nt555 265/35/20 and Toyo R888 285/35/20
Pro Dyno Custom Tune 751/rwhp 736/rwtq 21lbs Boost on Pump Gas
10.78 @ 130.40 with 3.31 Gears
Old 08-31-2013, 08:12 AM

kkosh is on a distinguished road

The thing though to really consider is you can get the Ford TVS as a brand new take off for $2k or less. Pretty good deal for the money in my opinion. They have them at Rehagan Racing. How much does a 2.9 Whipple kit cost?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Shelby Cobra GT500 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.