Side scoops - Ford Shelby Cobra GT500 Forum
Shelby Cobra GT500 Shelby Cobra GT500 Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Shelby Cobra GT500 Forum > Ford GT500 Discussions > Performance Modifications

Performance Modifications You've gotten your GT500, now let's improve what Ford gave us!

FordGT500.com is the premier Ford GT500 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-21-2011, 02:35 PM

Gettingblown is on a distinguished road
Default Side scoops

Just looking for info on side scoops. Pro's and con's. I would assume ford racing would be the best. I know they come primed but that's not a problem. The ford racing one's are the same one's you could've ordered for the factory Rt? I would want the stocks one's. I haven't seen a good of pic of Shelby with them yet.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2011, 02:59 PM

BlakSnake is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Side scoops

I put FRPP scoops on mine. I like the look with the side scoops down low, seems to help make the car look lower and wider, verses the side windo scoops. Fit was great, and I really like the FRPP look best of all of 'em. I also like the fact they actually had a grill instead of a sticker inside the scoop. No holes to drill. Just adhesive, and they are stuck on there good (speed test midway thru triple digits and no problems). A couple of pics below......

2010 Triple Blak. VMP TVS, 65mm CJ TB, 72lbIDT Inj, IW10%, KB BAP, AFCO HE, JLT Oil Sep, J&M LCA's, Roush UCA, Dynotech DS, FRPP- Strut Brace/ Springs/ Anti-Roll Bar Kit, Tokico D-Spec's, Shelby Camber Plates, BMR- LCA Brackets/ Adj PH Bar/ DS Loop, Roush Extremes w/ OR H-Pipe, WOTBox, Aeroforce Wideband, SOS Gage Pod, Bridgestone RE-11's/MT ET StrII's, Lethal Line Lock, FRPP Scoops, '13 Splitter, signed by Shelby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2011, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator

PLASMAN is on a distinguished road

Looks nice, love your car colors

2015 GT on the horizon

Current: 2012 F150 FX2 Screw 3.5L Ecoboost / AFE stage 2 CAI, AFE 4" cat back turbo exhaust / SCT tuned

Totaled- 2013 GT/CS

SOLD!!!!!!!
2007 GT500 EBONY W/ TUNGSTEN STRIPES
Ported Eaton/Plenum by Gearheads in TX
VMP Tuned SCT X3
JLT 127mm CAI / Metco 2.6 Pulley/90mm Idler
www.DFWclubGT500.com
Old 09-21-2011, 06:01 PM

BlakSnake is on a distinguished road

Thanks Plasman!

2010 Triple Blak. VMP TVS, 65mm CJ TB, 72lbIDT Inj, IW10%, KB BAP, AFCO HE, JLT Oil Sep, J&M LCA's, Roush UCA, Dynotech DS, FRPP- Strut Brace/ Springs/ Anti-Roll Bar Kit, Tokico D-Spec's, Shelby Camber Plates, BMR- LCA Brackets/ Adj PH Bar/ DS Loop, Roush Extremes w/ OR H-Pipe, WOTBox, Aeroforce Wideband, SOS Gage Pod, Bridgestone RE-11's/MT ET StrII's, Lethal Line Lock, FRPP Scoops, '13 Splitter, signed by Shelby.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:06 PM

WCA is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gettingblown View Post
Just looking for info on side scoops. Pro's and con's. I would assume ford racing would be the best. I know they come primed but that's not a problem. The ford racing one's are the same one's you could've ordered for the factory Rt? I would want the stocks one's. I haven't seen a good of pic of Shelby with them yet.

What year car? 07-09 are the same. 10 and up are same. Shelby has the Super Snake scoops for 07-09 finally back in stock or the CS6 style too. I didnt see any FRPP scoops for the 07-09. Im getting the Super Snake type.

2007 GT500 Vista Blue. VMP Gen II TVS w/2.50 pulley, VMP dual 67mm TB, JLT 127mm intake, 72# injectors, BAP, 10% lower, SVT1 exhaust, automatic trans, C&R radiator, TRW piston return springs, C&R dual fan heat exchanger, Steeda UCA LCA, Trutrac w/3.73's, off-road H-pipe.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:55 AM

Thanks fellas. Btw very nice ride! Looks great! Window tint looks nice too. That's something I can do today. I have a 12.. Just got it, so I think going to try and hit a few car shows. Get a good look at them scoops. Thanks for the pics.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAutoguide1316692092.901277.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	194.4 KB
ID:	7558  
Old 09-22-2011, 10:15 AM

How dark is that tint on your Shelby?

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Shelby Cobra GT500 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.