Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Painted Stripes ???

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  VNMOUS1 
#1 ·
The thought of having my vinyl tape stripes removed and a nice clear coat of white paint applied has entered my mind when ever I see a custom paint job at a local car show. It does look nice on other cars !! Has anyone done this ?? The cost estimate I received from a local custom painter was $2,000.00 that included a clear coat finish. Would you paint all the stripes ?

#2 ·
2k is Really HIGH, 800-1200 is a decent price. 3 Places in my area will do for that and all do great work.

#9 ·
My 08 recieved the final clear coat this afternoon. I heard rumors of around $2K also, mine will be considerably cheaper as I have done a majority of the work myself, and basically just borrowed a body shops paint booth. I just did the top stripes, didn't want to mess with the "GT500" logo on the rockers.

#11 ·
For those that have only done the top, how is the aftermarket clearcoat holding up? And does it have a texture similar to factory? I ask because I have a door scratch I'd like to get blended, but I'm worried about the door texture matching the fenders. Also, any body shop paint job I've seen tends to chip a lot more than factory on the bumpers from rocks and such.

Sorry for the minor hijack, but it's applicable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.