Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Touch Up For Blue Stripes?

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  milezperhour 
#1 ·
Looking for ideas here.....the car is an '09 High Performance White color with the double blue stripes. I've already got a couple of small stone chips on the hood, right through the blue stripes. I guess the best way to touch these up is with a regular small bottle of touch up paint. I'm just wondering if anyone can suggest the proper color of blue, such as from another Ford product or whatever, so I can order the touch up paint? I'm sure that Ford doesn't offer touch up paint specifically for the blue stripes, right?

#4 ·
W, they are just small pin-prick size stone chips. These would not warrant changing the stripes. I'm sure it's just the beginning of the stone chips too. I trade in my 2006 Black Mustang GT for this car, and the '06 regularly had stone chips on the hood and front fenders. It was a weekly ritual to wash the car and touch up any tiny stone chips. No rust usually, just the top color down to the undercoat, in most cases with the '06. So I'm sure it will be a regular thing with this car too. That's why I thought just a pin-prick dab of paint to match the stripe wouldn't hurt anything. The funny thing is, when the small stones hit now, the vinyl stripe seems to take the brunt of it leaving the unhurt white paint exposed underneath. Just small marks mind you. I think it will probably happen a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.