Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

11.5" Widened Stock wheels came in

21K views 25 replies 18 participants last post by  Goose17 
#1 ·
These just came in today from weldcraft wheels.com Total price for new wheels, shipping, and widending was just under $900, and I have not bought tires yet!

They are stockers widened 2" to 11.5

I will be putting a 345 MT drag on them. Based on how I've seen their 315s fit a 9.5" wide wheel, I think the 345s will fit an 11.5 wheel just fine, even though the rim is .5" narrower than recomended.

I will have to make a few mods to the wheel well for these to fit, there is bracket that needs to be moved, and I'll have to ditch the shock dust cover. Swaybar might interfere, we'll see. It will be several weeks before I have time to work on this.

See less See more
#2 ·
looks sweet can't wait to see the project begin! Keep us updated!

JJ

#3 ·
wow those look great, yes keep us informed on how it goes, I am wanting wider rims/tires on my shelby also.

#9 ·
Here are stock wheels, widened to 11" with 315/30/18 Nittos mounted. Anything wider will require body mods as this fits with about 3/16" total clearance and requires an adjustable panhard bar to get the rear centered for proper clearance on both sides. But they do fit perfectly without any rubbing or other problems.

#10 ·
Hey on this blue shelby, where did u get the hood pins? And also what panhead did u get and how is it adjusted. Im very novice on suspension so when i put the 315s on i need to lknow what to do. Also im thinkin about usin 20s instead of 18 so id go with a 315 35 20. Any suggestion if that will fit or not. This whole subject has driven me nuts. Any help would be great!

#11 ·
Actually they are 335/30-18s not 315s. Sorry for the typo. the panhard bar is to properly center the axel under the car and keep them from rubbing on the inner fender.

Hood pins are OEM for a 68 GT500KR. I got them from Tony Branda shelby parts.

#12 ·
Well the car looks great JC. Im prolly gonna go the sameroute and widen my black svts and use the 335's. Evo swears they wont fit, while lethal saysa they will. Im goin with my eyes and lethal and hopein the offsett is good enough and goin for the big boys. Thanks for the advice!!

#14 ·
I see where you said 3/16".

Is that per side, the clearance from the wheel well?

For a touch more clearance do you think a 315 is almost as good?

Are your rims factory that were chromed or did you buy them like that?

If you bought them, from where?

Your car is looking really good.

#15 ·
3/16 clearance between the inside of the tire and the shock mount in the wheel well.

They are replicas I bought already chromed from Discount Tire. Identicle to the oem wheels otherwise. Even the stock center caps fit. Stock offset though. Then had them widened.

#16 ·
Thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.