Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who has the best tune?

21K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  Bulldogger99 
#1 ·
I want to order a JLT Intake & tune for my car, my question is which vendor has the most power making tune? I was thinking of ordering from JLT, or Evo Perform, but I want to get the one with the best tune.

Also later I want to add an upper and lower pulley, how do I go about getting the new tune for that later on when I want to add those?

Thanks for the help!

#8 ·
I think those numbers are a tad low.

I had a upper pulley and a CAI put in around Feb 08 and I dyno'ed at 549 RWHP and 551 RWTq. Though we didn't do a baseline pull as I was pressed for time, the most that stock cars were making was about 480 RWHP as I recall. So that's a gain of 70 RWHP in my book.

Personally, these car have been around for a while now. I don't really think there is much more to be gained than that + or - a couple HP on an 07 with those mods. Probably no matter whose tune you get. Be nice to get a custom tune to your car to ensure the A/F mix is stable though, rather than a mail order tune. I'd imagine, that a custom tune might tweak out a couple more HP than a safe-for-all mail order tune, but that's just an assumption on my part.

I had Justin do my tune, over at VMP as he lives very close to my home, and I had driven it that way since Feb this year - 2 years - as a daily driver with no problems.

I had the C&L intake and the stealth VMP pulley (though those numbers were before the stealth pully was out, and it was done on the metco 2.6 as I recall)..

TD

#3 ·
VMP :rocker:

#5 ·
I second that. Lund writes tunes for them, and the three he has done for my car have been spot on. Zero complaints with tunes, or customer service from lethal.

#6 ·
My son got a Lund tune a few months ago, everything was fine. He got a Boss 302 intake and called for a adjusted tune and also emailed and no one got back to him. he had to use a different tuner. Kinda sucks as many people on this forum like his service and tunes. VMP seams to big a favorite as well.
Eric

#11 ·
I ordered the JLT 127 intake and tune directly through JLT. Fast shipping and excellent service.
The package also included a tune for a 2.6 pulley should I decided to go that route at a later date.

Stock the car put down 441HP, with the intake and tune it laid down 521HP.

#13 · (Edited)
Actually If I called a restaurant and no one answered the phone I would just move on. I find the older I get the less patient I am with certain things. But as the OP asked I said both Lund and VMP seam to have good reputations. It sucks for me and my son as Jon Lund lives about 4 miles from us and my son will probably be looking to get a dyno tune soon. But as I said before "no big deal".
Eric

#15 · (Edited)
pixies

where is my mind

#16 ·
I have used all 3 major tuners that has been mentioned here I like vmp the best by far I work on alot of gt500's around here and get better service from vmp and his tunes are on the spot .all these tuners are good but it is the service after the sell that I like also vmp has good prices on the parts .these tuners are all very busy and will get back to you if you leave your info. 428cj

#17 ·
A good safe tuner is available at Alternative Auto Performance by the name of Lidio.
He does his best work while the car is on his dyno. Located near Detroit , but worth the ride.

#18 ·
I have used VMP for everything on my GT500. Sometimes it may take a day or two for Justin to get back to you, but he is a family guy with young kids and things unexpected always happen. I think Justin is a great guy and always takes care of everything he is suppose too. Plus he knows the cars, has taken the time to develope his own off shoot of the TVS, so he wins and gets my business:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.