Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spare tire - or not?

7K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Pappy 
#1 ·
2010 Shelby GT500 -- delivered with a set of Goodyear run flat tires.

Uhhh, was my spare tire stolen, or do they even include one with the run flat tires?

If not delivered with a spare, next question that nobody (dealers etc) seems to have an answer for, what the H does one do if going to different tires such as Nitto's for example?

SURELY Ford or Shelby offers SOMETHING for a 19in spare ??????

Thanks. Pappy.

#3 ·
Generally, there is no need to have a spare with run flats. You better check to see if you actually have runflats, but if you do then you shouldnt need one. You also may have a tire inflation pump in the spot where your spare should be like my 09 GT500. Like the vettes have runflats and do not have spares.

#8 ·
American Muscle has '10 after market wheels (18x9 or 19x8.5 instead of OEM 18x9.5) that will fit our GT500s front & rear. For a spare tire I would consider a smaller tire than the front OEM so it will readily fit in the spare tire well.
http://www.americanmuscle.com/chrome-gt500-18x9-9410.html

Grabber did a good write-up on adding a spare over on the Team Shelby forum. He ended up doing some mods in the trunk area for the ease of installing/removing a standard sized spare.

#5 · (Edited)
They don't come with run flats. They come with fix flats. Get a flat:fix it. Included is a pump and the secret flat fiixing substance made with tiregooium, which can only be produced using 1.1 jigawatts of power!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.