Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Dyno Numbers

4K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  CajunCobra 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, back from the dyno with some improvement. Managed to get 552 RWHP / 530 RWTQ. Wasn't a big improvement, yet there was some.

Also changed the oil to Royal Purple 5W30. Trying it out at least. Also guys, check your JLT carbon piece as I noticed this morning mine had puckled on one end. We figured it was simply probably from heat. Luckily I was able to get it replaced on the spot as we called JLT and they simply stated send it back.

Well, looks like the Kenne Bell 2.8 is next after I live with the current for a little while. I could have gotten a few more horses but I was hoping for more torque. Seems like the only way to get it up is to simply swap the Suppy Duppy.

Hey Hey

flipmo

#2 ·
What were the mods that got you over the 550 rwhp mark?

#3 ·
Hmmmmmmmm, do I have to? No problem though. A few parts: 2.6L Pulley, JLT Cold Air Kit, Kook's Headers, Kook's X-Pipe, Corsa Exhausts, Colder Plugs, Retuned Computer. That's takes care of the performance. Additionally I put on Eibachs all the way around, Upper and Lower Control Arms, Dynotech 1-Piece, and FR 3.73s w/Tri-Ax Shifter.

WaaaaaaaaaaBaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam - 550 RWHP.

Thanks

flip

#4 ·
thanks.

I have been trying to decide on spending the money on full/complete exhaust like you have, or putting that toward something else, like a kenne bell.

#5 ·
Racer, you hit the nail on the head. I tell you that if I could go back and do it all over again, the latter is the route I would have chosen. Do a search on the board and you'll find where people have just changed the SuperCharger out solely and are pushing over 600 hp to 700 horsepower.

Specifically, if I could do it again, I would change the SuperCharger and Suspension and I think I would be just as happy. The good thing is that I can still change the Supercharger and who knows what I will get. Time will tell because I'm trying to stay abreast of JJ, Cal, PREZ, Fred, etc......... Mother always said not to call names, didn't she?

flip

#11 ·
I heard Whipple is almost done designing the new smaller supercharger to fit under the hood. not like the 3.3 that doesnt fit under the hood.
Whipple is alot cheaper in price than kenne bell, so i am going to wait and see how the new whipple turns out before i make a supercharger swap.

#12 ·
What are the prices of the 2 kits?

#18 ·
"CGOESCHEL, who installed the KB, was adivsed against headers and ended up selling his Kooks. I am not sure as to the reasoning, possibly backpressure issues."

Hey y'all
What is it with the header thing? I just can't understand it.

A knowledgeable guy with a dyno told me headers started working after the air flow problem got too much for the stock manifolds to handle and a stock SC would never make that happen.
Seems to me like the extra flow would help the blow go but I guess that shows how much I know! (yeah, yeah, a ryhme every time)

Obviously, SC engines are different than naturally aspired. It still doesn't make sense to me. The cams must have a heck of an overlap if reduced backpressure affects the compression ratio!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.