Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2014 Blue Stripes

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  WJ in LV 
#1 · (Edited)
It looks like Ford finally came to their senses. I'd gotten wind of some buzz about changes being made to the Sonic Blue stripes used during MY 2013. Ford hasn't officially designated them yet, but the 2014 MY seems to have reverted to a much lighter Blue Stripe much more akin to Grabber.

Although Blue on White isn't my personal combination of choice, it ranks in my top two, and I for one and thrilled to see the apparent change (back). Ford's Build & Price facility reflects the change despite having apparently temporarily screwed-up how it reflects the appropriate wheel.

#2 · (Edited)
Maddy, I just got my 13 GT500 a week ago...white with sonic blue stripes, which was my first choice. I like the fact that the stripes are glossy and can be sealed and waxed.
I just put some Klasse sealer on them and they really pop. Next a coat of carnauba over the Klasse.
I didnt care for the grabber blue stripes, too light in color and flat. I wonder if the 14 blue stripes will be between the 2 in shade and flat or glossy?
I would have waited for the 14 MY since mine was so late, but the got rid of Performance white in favor of Oxford white (think econoline van.)

#3 · (Edited)
Call off the search party for Maddy. He's back.

#4 · (Edited)
I was looking at the the 2014 Ford Mustang Build & Price and the Blue stripes do look like they are Grabber Blue and the Gloss Black stripes look like the 2013 Matte Black stripes. I guess we will know for sure when someone posts a picture of their 2014 GT500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.