Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gt500 shelby 2014 max tire sizes

24K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  03reptile 
#1 ·
Are the max tire sizes for the 2014 gt500 275 front and 295 rear?Going to order the MPSS want to put the widest on possible

#10 ·
/\ This & \/

Aha! There's the rest of the story. This isn't just about tire size. It's about what tire, by what maker on what wheel with what offset with which suspension. Whether the tire rubs circumferentially, protrudes or you need to start hacking away bits of your suspension is a product of all the above.
IMHO a 315/35ZR20 will be ok on a 10" rim, is it optimal, nope, will it work, IMO yes. It's spec'd for a 10.5" min rim, to me, based on my experience and readings, a .5" difference is doable. It will be a tall tire at 28.7" and could cause rubbing issues if you're lowered.

a 305/30/20 is probably a better choice.

#8 ·
Aha! There's the rest of the story. This isn't just about tire size. It's about what tire, by what maker on what wheel with what offset with which suspension. Whether the tire rubs circumferentially, protrudes or you need to start hacking away bits of your suspension is a product of all the above.

You're not likely to find a 315 for anything narrower than 10.5" wheels. But not all makers' 315s are the same diameter - nor do they have the same tread or sidewall width. A 315/35-20 Conti DWS barely rubs under full compression on a 10" wheel. On an 11" wheel, it likely wouldn't. It also wouldn't sit so proud of the fender well. But if you've changed your suspension setup, you've reset the entire equation.

If you have a particular set of wheels and tires in mind, the question usually becomes self-answering by the tire sizes available. About the only option becomes what size fronts to choose - which will greatly impact ride quality and the car's steering balance.

#11 ·
My buddy has NT05 315/35s on his stock PP Wheels on his 2013 Shelby GT500. Nitto tires run a little thinner than other brands. Actually it looks really good and no rubbing. Of course, i have heard, if you go anything wider than a 305, you will need a panhard bar.

#14 ·
Awesome, So what did you end up ordering?

#19 ·
Too bad Madlock doesn't come around anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.