Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

known issues with 2013+?

28K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  snakes 
#1 ·
I was wanting to find out any known issues with the 2013+ model. Including any body or paint imperfection areas? I'll be taking delivery sometime in the next couple months and wanted to know anything to look out for when picking it up, and after I may have had it for a while.

Thanks guys

Jim

#3 ·
Well, other than the wheels suck, the tires suck, the emblems suck, the upper and lower pullies suck, the tune sucks, the thermostat sucks, the exhaust sucks x20, the lack of headers sucks and oh yeah, the blower and hood suck too!:lol:

#5 ·
Conceptmachine,

Just having fun with my buddy Joe. The 13's are an awesome vehicle. We are simply pointing out that a lot of us have done quite a few mods to personalize the cars.

#6 ·
Thanks guys LOL... WOW, no problems, even with the early 13 releases? Ford must be on track with this car. My challenger (2011) had all kids of body issues. It will be nice to have a car that I would potentially want to keep for ever not have that issue. Then there is a known issue with the timing chain assembly... haven't got in the mileage area that they are known to fail in...but always on my mind...especially if I wanted to keep it. One of the reasons I'm trading it in... Then there are other issues as well, but more minor. Some of this stuff wasn't fixed for years on this car...they simply kept making them knowing the problems... LOL uuuhhggg. So, nobody is having any issues with this thing?

#7 ·
Have not come across any issues with mine. The paint is typical Ford quality - it's decent but it's not a Ferrari. I replaced the tweeters in my doors with Panasonic drivers as the top end was muffled IMHO - cheap fix. I have the Shaker 1000. Don't judge it on Sirius quality as that stream is highly compressed. CD playback is very good.

But I digress - most of the time I have the windows down and I'm listening to my exhaust and a/c whine!

First mod I did was hood struts - ditch the prop! Then Borlas as the stock axle-backs were a bit too subdued for me. The ATAKs are really great! Still on the lookout for a Shelby engine cap set.

Nothing that will void the warranty yet so the big stuff has to wait. For sure the Goodyears will be replaced with MPSS's and ceramic pads are a must.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#8 ·
Cool, so no really big issues with anything other than people want to mod.
I'll be getting the struts for when it shows. I'll also get the flaps...and may even put on some clear bra up front to protect from chips. How does the radiator fins hold up to powerwashing. I know there is no grill there to protect some of the bugs from entering. Is it the harder style fins, or is it the super bendy, aluminum type? Since my car is sliver, maybe I'll just bend them all over to make it look silver there LOL J/K

#10 ·
Good to know... I will look for paint defects. I believe they all hav them somewhere. The clutch issue... I'll be sure to take it easy on the thing the first 1000+ miles. I think that issue has more to do with break in, but I could be wrong. Either way, a warranty issue that would not be denied, unless someone modded.
Thanks again

#27 · (Edited)
If you get white stripes VERY closely inspect the white stripes on the bottom seat cover. Had my car 1 day someone sat on the driver seat with blue jeans do not know if it was there before or not but the dealer told me to pound sand and it cost me a grand {wholesale} to have one shipped to me and the one I recieved was wadded up in a small box because they air mailed it to me because the first one disappeared in UPS truck. The one on there now does not look as good as the original even with the stain on it. other than that I am as happy with her as a jackass eating briars!

#11 ·
i have 1 frozen in time paint drip on the back wheel well.....took me 3 car washings to notice it

otherwise paint is flawless

i do have a full hand of finger prints on my trunk stripe....i couldnt get it out, but i didnt use rubbing compound....just normal washing and zaino...i think it may be 'in' the stripe...or someone had chemicals on their hand and imprinted it into my stripe when closing the trunk

my challenger has a large goose poop blotch perminantly in my trunk stripe...so im used to flaws there

rims were perfect, exhaust tips are straight

cleaning the rims suck....imposible to clean the brembo's (probably why they are black)

car cover is worthless...throw it out....it doesnt appear to be able to breath...its a parachute and is not soft....im most likely selling mine

seats are perfect.....not like my Challenger IE seats....everyones came with black finger prints and perminant stains from day 1....also loose fitting as hell....the GT500 seats are a work of art

#13 ·
Try the magic of Liquid Glass. My car got crapped on pretty badly and baked in the sun. I had etching in the clear coat as well as a stripe. I tried quite a few products and nothing worked. I then tried LG and it totally erased the problem like it never happened (both the paint and the stripe).

#15 ·
#26 ·
I let my initial Sirius subscription expire and don't miss it at all. I would rather listen to the engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.