Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

'11 GT500 Issues

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  OMB 
#1 ·
Hiya,

1. Those Da*n Rodents. My fault: Had my '11 GT500 serviced, covered, garaged, but screwed up by not checking frequently to see if mice, etc. had gotten into the engine compartment. They did; minor firewall insulation damage...........now looking to see if anyone has recommendations on repairing the engine firewall - seems like replacing the entire firewall insulation blanket is excessive.....and yes, rodent traps will be ready for next Winter...!!

2. Performance Upgrades. '11 GT500, stock w/550BHP. Looking to bump HP up;
vehicle still under basic warranty until Jul '14). Better to have the local Ford dealership where I bought the car to install upgrades, versus my local (an expert, and pro funny car racer) mechanic..??

Any comments/recommendations would be appreciated.!! Thx, Mike C.

Geneva321@hotmail.com

#2 ·
First, go to the local shelter and get yourself a nice lean mean tomcat. Make him a nice home in your garage. That will take care of your rodent problem.

I would be more worried about your wiring than the insulation. Mice and rats have a habit of chewing on wires as well. I recommend checking all your wiring carefully.

#3 ·
Get some "Snap traps" for your garage. In my detached garage, not the Snake pit, I killed about 13 mice. Be sure to set the traps perpendicular to the wall-trigger to the wall, and put 2 traps side by side. Bait with peanut butter. Problem solved.

About mods, I would go with who you deem to be the most qualified to do the install. Some members have SVT Ford techs who do a great job. Some go with other local mechanics who know what they're doing.

#5 ·
I've used this and it WORKS! Get some peppermint oil from local health store. Get some cosmetic cotton balls or some rolled bulk cotton. Put several drops of the peppermint oil on the cotton and keep in your car interior and anywhere mice and rats might hide. They do NOT like the scent and will stay away. Your car interior WILL be peppermint fresh too! Not Kidding, this works.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.