Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

FS: 2012 Shelby GT500 "Red Mamba"

9K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  Poppacapp 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

It brings me a tear to my eye to sell my beloved GT500. Its been down a year for this build and it finally gets finished and I have to sell. Where I am moving, there isn't a place this bad-boy could handle, gravel roads/woods, closest track, 4.5 hours. I'm now looking to get into a new truck. I purchased the car last year and after putting some fun miles on it stock, I decided to build it into a national powerhouse. The car has 6,900 miles on it before the build. It currently has 409 miles on it from its brand new build from ground up.

This car has been built top to bottom and inside and out to be the monster it is and be able to lay down its power. I am the only owner and purchased the car last year BRAND NEW. MPR built the Engine and other components and Power by the Hour in Florida built the car for me. Ken Bjonnes from LUND RACING tuned the car producing 1,021 RWHP on only 22lbs of boost on E85. This car is scary at 1/2 throttle....very..but drives like butter. Could daily drive it honestly is drives so smooth.

Car has bad-ass nitrous setup but has NEVER been sprayed on build. It was put on to help cool the blower and intake charge while giving a little power. Cant get greedy! Engine was built to withstand 29lbs boost. Lots of custom parts made for this car from JLT intake to Nitrous plate by NX/ countless others. Here is the build list.

I have EVERY LAST PENNY in receipts that's been done to this car. Well north of $120,000 in parts and labor (including car). There has been no expense spared in this car, even down to the $2,000 Technocraft T2 race seat!

2012 GT500 Build

Cosmetic:
Silver Horse Racing Louvers
Bolt On Hood Strut Kit
Trucarbon Carbon fiber Hood
Quick-latch billet hood pins
Custom Painted lights/badging
Custom Painted Calipers
Windows Tinted 5%

Exhaust:
Kooks Stainless Long Tube Headers
Kooks Gt500 Off-road X Pipe
Magnaflow Race Bullets
Turn Downs

Suspension:
Steeda Fully Adjustable Coilovers
Steeda Ford Mustang Billet Rear Lower Control Arms
Steeda Mustang Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets
Steeda Mustang Drag Adjustable Upper 3rd Link
Steeda Mustang Adjustable Pan hard Bar
BMR K-member
BMR Adjustable A-arms
BMR Frame Support
BMR Anti-Roll bar

Brakes:
Brembo Slotted Rotors Front/Rear
SS/Carbon braided lines
Motol-600 High Temp Brake Fluid
JPC Line-Lock w/ push button

Wheels/Tires:
Cor Precise 20" 3 piece wheels (Street)
Nitto Nt05r - 315/35/20 Rear, Nitto Invo front

Drag Pack Setup Weld Racing
RTS
Tires (MT ET Street 325/50/15)
Front-Skinnies

Engine Bay:

Afco Dual Pass Heat Heat Exchanger
JLT Dual Oil Separator Passenger/Driver side
Metco oil cover breather
LP Intercooler Pump Upgrade
N2MB Racing WOTBOX
Injector Dynamics 2000cc Injectors
Division-X return Style Fuel system
Nitrous Proflow Wet kit
Nitrous Express Plate System 50-75-100-125 JetPak
Nitrous Express SAFE fuel System
Whipple 4.0L
Whipple 160mm Monoblade TB
Green Power Belt
M-H Intercooler “The Tank” dual tank setup
Thump RRR Racing GT500 Heavy Duty Billet Belt Tensioner
Reische Performance GT500 170deg Performance Thermostat
Battery Relocation-trunk

Engine Internals:

FM 8-7250CH Rod bearings
FM 153M Main bearings
ARP Custom main stud kit
ARP 156-5002 Side bolt kit
Internal balance Billet crankshaft
Diamond hone with torque plates
Manley Billet I-Beam rods with ARP 2000 bolts
Diamond custom Pistons Ceramic Coated
Trend H-13 .200 wall piston pins
Total Seal AP steel ring package
Stage 3 CNC ported heads and hand finished,-5 axis valve job
Pac Custom titanium valve spring package
Pac custom titanium retainers
Bullet custom billet Camshafts
ARP 256-4001 2000 Series head stud kit
Cometic custom head gaskets
Ford complete gasket kit
Brisk Silver Racing Spark Plugs

Transmission:
MGW Short Shifter
McLeod Custom RXT twin disc Clutch with Lightweight Steel Flywheel
DSS Aluminum 3.5" driveshaft
Detroit Locker 8.8" 31 spline differential

Interior Gauges:
AutoMeter Digital Proshift Gauge
AutoMeter Digital ProComp A/F Gauge
AutoMeter ProComp Boost gauge
Aeroforce Interceptor Dual Gauges
ProComp Nitrous Pressure Gauge
Tig-Vision 10pt. Cage

Interior:
Nitrous Pro-flow tank with Billet tank holder
TechnoCraft T2 Carbon Fiber Race seat
TechnoCraft Suede Inserts
TechnoCraft Billet Aluminum Seat Brace

Tuned by Ken Bjonnes from LUND RACING on E85.

Highest HP 2012 Shelby GT500 in the country at 22 lbs of boost-no spray. 1021 RWHP. Motor is built to handle 29lbs of boost.

Motor still has Gibbs Break In oil!!!! Ready for a Synthetic change and go.

6,900 Miles on the car, Only 409 miles on Car Build. All Documented from shop mileage.

Im the only owner and bought it brand New last year. Put 6,000 miles on it, then decided to build it to what it is now.

CAR HAS NEVER BEEN RACED...NEVER SEEN THE STRIP. Just car shows. Although that was the plan eventually for the strip. Was about to pull the trigger on an Automatic conversion.

If anyone needs contacts or references on this car, feel free to ask. This car has seriously never seen the 1/4 and it hurts me, but its ok. I'm moving past the big HP stuff after my first child was just born.

All Receipts to everything that's ever been done to this Car.

Over $120,000 (including Car)

Any questions on the car, feel free to give me a shout.

$80,000 FIRM.

Check out the youtube video my buddy made. I was told to put on 500 "break in" miles before bringing back and changing the Gibbs break in oil to fresh synthetic. The 409 miles are highway pulls (not full throttle), cruising speeds, and in town stop and go to properly seat rings and break in clutch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXqhiST7OgI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJyQKjokiaU

See less See more
#3 ·
Fantastic car. Sorry you are parting with your pride and joy.

#9 ·
Thanks everyone for the kind words!!! the truth is, I question selling it every minute. It literally breaks my heart! but in all honesty, Im moving back to Minnesota and where im going, its a lot of offroad type driving, country boy. A far cry from the beautiful roads down here in Florida!. I could just get a truck, but trying to be responsible now and sell a toy for it. Just had a baby last month and its amazing! If I cant get it sold, then Ill just have no choice but bring it with and store it, hopefully pass it on to my son one day.

Here is another video my buddy made of some highway pulls. He has a 13' 5.0, and my other buddy has a jeep SRT8 with 750 RWHP and ran a 10.4 1/4 mile..you will see how my shelby pulls away effortlessly at about 90% throttle.. Not sure if anyone here has had an opportunity to ever ride or drive in a 1200 hp car that drives like it did off the lot, but its violent yet beautiful! That's due to proper a proper build and spot on tuning. Enjoy!

Make sure to watch it in HD to get that nice quality sound!!!

cars in video
Jeep SRT8 750RWHP
Ford 5.0 460 RWHP
Ford Shelby GT500 1021 RWHP

#11 · (Edited)
Im not sure what slocums car does? possibly! just remember this engine is built for 29lbs of boost out of a 4.0L Whipple. Its at its baby boost right now during break in and still at a nasty 1,021 RWHP. The plan was to turn it up to 25-27lbs and spray a 100 shot and still be far within its build. The nitrous at 100 is more for cooling the blower and some intake charge while gaining a little power. Car has been substantially lightened and built to correctly utilize every ounce of this power onto the pavement. That's the big mistake many make..they build a big engine, but forget that there's $$$$$$$ to be spent on the body to make it able to withstand it and utilize it correctly.

$80,000. i almost puke selling it at that price, but i know it will take a special person who knows how to handle some serious hp to buy it. Very slim market as there's not a lot of people with that coin in the Shelby market to begin with.

#15 ·
I have been reading these forums for a little while now but I never had an account but seeing that you are selling your car forced me to create an account. It is a sad thing that you have to sell the car. I vote that you keep it, if possible, and find a road to take it on in the country. Some of my favorite drives are outside of the city a little ways.

I bought my GT500 and never had any intentions of modifying mine until I saw videos of your car and I said screw it let's go crazy. I am only on the beginning stages of modification for now but your car was my motivation.

Good luck with your sale if it has to happen.

#17 ·
What a unique and well built car, I think with the right advertising that you will sell it. Should I win the lottery, I will give you 80K but you have to keep it :)

Best of luck!

#20 ·
guy who made the 1st super snake for the texas mile is selling his too... if i was you since its already done, i wouldnt sell it. my plans to do as much as i can to mine and have it paid off before i have a kid.... and i will always keep mine. get a beater until you can get teh truck you want. if you put that much dedication into it why move on now... your not passing it to anyone? theres still a # of years in your life when you can use that car again down the road... and im only 27! keep it and put it in the garage with a blanket over it until you use it again

#21 ·
either that or trade me your engine for my 07 engine... you can keep the blower though

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.