Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

X plan vs d plan vs MSRP

8K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  Fake_Snake 
#1 ·
How much of a $$$ difference is there between the two plans and MSRP? I was in a local dealership getting an oil change for my wife's van and decided to go bs with the salesman about the CobraJet on their showroom floor, during our conversation he mentions that the two GT500s on the lot are at or just below MSRP. A 2010 Vert black on black an a 2012 SVTPP fully optioned silver and red( nice car). Said the 2012 was under 56k. They've GT another 2012 on the way to them today as well.

I then asked if they do any of the x or d plans and he said "yep, our owner loves these cars and likes to sell em too". I thought DUH, who owns a dealership and doesn't like to sell their inventory. I then asked about 2013s and he says if the plans are available they'll do it. If not they'll probably do MSRP. The anticipation of waiting on the price is killin me.
The downside to going through them I they have to renew their Certification with Ford and that wont happen until March, he didn't think they could order before then.

#2 · (Edited)
Here's the latest Plan info for 2012's:
Trim__________________ MSRP1 X-Plan1 Incentives2 Net Plan Price3
V6__________________ $22,310 $21,983 $500 $21,483
V6 Premium___________ $26,310 $25,125 $500 $24,625
V6 Convertible_________ $27,310 $26,565 $500 $26,065
GT__________________ $29,710 $28,172 $500 $27,672
V6 Premium Convert_____ $31,310 $29,607 $500 $29,107
GT Premium ____________ $33,710 $31,758 $500 $31,258
GT Convertible___________ $34,710 $32,654 $500 $32,154
GT Premium Convert_______ $38,710 $36,240 $500 $35,740
Shelby GT500_____________ $48,810 $44,807 N/A $44,807
Shelby GT500 Convert_______ $53,810 $49,240 N/A $49,240

This is just X Plan, let me dig up the A/Z/D plan info...

#3 ·
The real question is, Will the dealership honor the X plan for a gt500? they wouldn't do it for me when I bought my 2011 gt500 svtpp.-Tony

#5 ·
X-Plan is invariably within $150 or so of dealer invoice - while ALSO placing a limit upon the "processing" fees dealers are allowed to charge. A/Z plan is usually about 3% below X-Plan - and D-Plan usually adds $100 to A/Z-Plan pricing.

But yes, the issue for SOME locations is whether dealers will honor them. Some are only too happy - others hang on to them like grim death. I have a local dealer that still has a silly $7,500 ADM sticker on a 2012 GT500 and $10,000 on a standard BOSS 302 sitting in his showroom.

I love harassing idiots like those - making them explain why "market adjustment" wouldn't ALSO apply to my trade-in, or when they inevitably ask "WHO is honoring X-Plan?" running down the list of nearby stores loud enough for customers to hear (whether I know if they'll honor it or not).

I actually know a nearby dealer with a loaded '12 Convertible who'd deal UNDER invoice.

#7 ·
Where did you get your car? I'm in southern california and i have called about a half dozen dealers already and none will honor the X-plan. Most said if anything they will sell near sticker.

#8 ·
It really depends upon the dealer. SOME use their franchises as opportunities to try to profiteer off in-demand product - I've seen ADM stickers as high as $30K above SRP. I took no small amount of satisfaction when I re-visited a dealer I'd been to when shopping for my '11 who insisted upon $5K above sticker - to see the very same 2011 Coupe parked next to a 2012 in the showroom.

It's unfortunate, as it comes at the expense of both the customer AND the maker. Just keep calling nearby dealers and I'm sure you'll find one eager to let one go for X-Plan - presuming you have a PIN. Look at eBay listings, autotrader or cars.com as a starting point. SOME dealers in winter-bound states are likely to be more eager, especially on convertibles. But Ford is not coming-out with the 2013 until summer - so SOME dealers who don't necessarily finance their inventories may be willing to sit on them for a few months more before cutting them loose.

Don't be afraid to have a car shipped-in. I had mine sent from WI to PA and it only cost me $600.

#9 ·
Whoa, 30K!!! I agree. I called a few and they offer X-plan on a 2012... so hopefully they can on a 2013. I can wait for one. You didnt by any chance order from Jeff at Yocum did you? How do you go about purchasing a car out of state? Did you go there in person?

#10 ·
Nope. Don't know Jeff Yocum.

Ford ended production early, nixing some allocated units that had already been placed but not yet invoiced - including mine. I had actually tracked-down like cars that were either made or in the pipe and found the nearest one that hadn't yet been delivered to the dealer, so I knew it hadn't been driven or sitting.

Being late in the year, the store was willing to sell it to my dealer at his net, so I had it shipped in and did the deal.

#11 ·
I had actually tracked-down like cars that were either made or in the pipe and found the nearest one that hadn't yet been delivered to the dealer, so I knew it hadn't been driven or sitting.
Teach me your ways Jedi Master hehe. How can i find this out when I begin my hunt for a 2013?

#12 ·
I believe that now Ford includes Shelbys in the "search dealer inventory" tool on the Ford website, so shopping outside of your immediate area for "the right car" is a cakewalk. Luckily I found a dealer 1.5 hours away from me that was willing to do a dealer-invoice deal on my '11 SVTPP special-order.

I'll drive 1,000 miles each way if that's what it takes to round-up "the right car" for a fair price, and I've NEVER understood people who act as if there's some sort of forcefield around their county-line preventing them from rolling a new car across it. "Yep, mah dealer here in town wouldn't budge off the $5K ADM, so I jess paid it... Huhh.... And then I went home and took a nap... ugghhh... exhausted.... Wish they made an automatic so I didn't have to press that clutch pedal... phew.... I'm so tired...". ;) ;)

I've never been lazy when it comes to my money and the car that I want, and I'll never understand that apathy in others, regardless of financial-position.

In any case, good luck with the hunt! :)

#14 ·
I believe that's strictly for Tommie Vaughn Ford. The ford X-plan website says shelbys are included. raptors and bosses are not.

#19 ·
Wish i knew that before signing up for the mustang club! Now if you could only get me a 2013 shelby at X-plan, I'd be your best friend hehe

#21 ·
Is that the plan if you can get if you own ford stock aswell?

#23 ·
Anybody with that knowledge care to chime in here for me I own a small amount lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.