Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How cold is your AC?

2K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  kirk17557 
#1 ·
The 12 I just picked up seems to have pretty crappy AC. It gets cool...but by no means cold. I was curious before I go to get it looked at what everyone else thinks of theirs. I wasn't sure if the giant engine just makes these things hot, or maybe it's just a Mustang thing. The car is black on black so I realize it's going to take a few minutes to cool down but mine never really seems to. And yes I have the AC on. I've tried all the settings and no luck.

#9 ·
Ya amazinly cold for a black on black in the heat of the summer sun.

If you have a thermometer to put in the air vent, should read approx. 40-45 degrees

#3 ·
Ice cold in my 2011. I have been driving in temps from 113-120*F all week and the GT500 cools down quick.

Agree with blackcad55, time to take it to the shop and have the AC system looked at.

#5 ·
Charge AC, tint windows. Your marbles will shrink.

#11 ·
Just how cold are we talking?

This or THAT?

#13 ·

To paraphrase George Costanza:

"Shrinkage Jerry, shrinkage"

#14 ·
The AC in my 2007 isn't working that great either. It cools ok before the engine warms up but not so much when the engine is hot. I suspect one of the air mix motors is directing the air through the heater core. I haven't been too motivated to troubleshoot the problem but need to soon since the car has not been that fun to drive in the hot desert climate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.