ford racing tvs 2.3 vs. whipple 2.9 vs vmp tvs - Page 3 - Ford Shelby GT500 Forum
Performance Modifications You've gotten your GT500, now let's improve what Ford gave us!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013, 11:23 AM
Senior Member
 
T3RMIN8TOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 409
 
Re: ford racing tvs 2.3 vs. whipple 2.9 vs vmp tvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfangel96 View Post
I'm looking to start my first mod's on a 2012 GT500 SVTPP, maybe somewhere in the 3-4K price range, starting with a VMP TVS and pulley I think, any recommendations on size and what. After the blower and pulley, what else should I be looking at doing.

Thanks ahead of time for any input from you guy's that have already done your mod's.

Wolfangel96
127mm CAI, TB, tune, headers and suspension!! Although it will put you past your desired budget!


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2013 Fully Loaded

Mods:Ported TVS 2.3, XBA Elbow, KB 168mm TB, JLT 155mm CAI, ATI 10% Lower, 2.4 Upper, Gates Blue Belt, Thump Tensioner, Metco Idler, ID 1300's, KB BAP, 170* Thermostat, Steeda Lowering Springs, Steeda Chasis X Brace, Cortex Watts Link, Cortex Torque Arm, Cortex Adj. LCA's, ARH 1 7/8'' LT With O/R X Pipe, and SW Cat Back, SS Clutch and Brake Lines, McLeod RXT, MGW 2, VMP TP H/E, BMR Front Sway Bar + End Links, Canton Fuel Filter, E85 Lund Tune = 830rwhp + 845tq
T3RMIN8TOR is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013, 12:29 PM
Moderator Dude
 
Goose17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: DFW
Posts: 16,167
 
Garage
Re: ford racing tvs 2.3 vs. whipple 2.9 vs vmp tvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfangel96 View Post
I'm looking to start my first mod's on a 2012 GT500 SVTPP, maybe somewhere in the 3-4K price range, starting with a VMP TVS and pulley I think, any recommendations on size and what. After the blower and pulley, what else should I be looking at doing.

Thanks ahead of time for any input from you guy's that have already done your mod's.

Wolfangel96
Here is a new Whipple for sale:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...ple-2-9-a.html

11 Whippled GT500, 04 Mystichrome Terminator vert, 02 GT (gave to 16 y.o. son), 00R #178, 93 Teal Cobra, 89 GT vert.
Goose17 is online now  
post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013, 12:31 PM
Supporting Vendor
 
VNMOUS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 9,930
 
Garage
Thumbs up Re: ford racing tvs 2.3 vs. whipple 2.9 vs vmp tvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfangel96 View Post
I'm looking to start my first mod's on a 2012 GT500 SVTPP, maybe somewhere in the 3-4K price range, starting with a VMP TVS and pulley I think, any recommendations on size and what. After the blower and pulley, what else should I be looking at doing.

Thanks ahead of time for any input from you guy's that have already done your mod's.

Wolfangel96
This...........
http://vmptuning.com/07-12-gt500-pow...t500jlt123pak/

This............
http://vmptuning.com/07-12-gt500-induction/72elbow11/

This............
http://vmptuning.com/superchargers/strippertvs/

This............
http://vmptuning.com/07-12-gt500-coo...fcohedualtank/

So, what you get is a VMP TVS "stripper", a VMP CNC port matched elbow, JLT 123mm intake, 2.50" pulley, 90mm idler, SCT X3 handheld device, VMP Custom tunes by Justin Starkey, AFCO Pro-Series Dual Fan heat exchanger, 3x tank.

Everything you need til you're ready for a larger throttle body or a lower damper.

$4677.98 list. It's Friday afternoon and I'm feeling a little loose with the boss's money.

SO.....if you or anyone wants this package, call my cell phone at **BJVMP (then hit send from your cellphone) and I'll get it out to you at a phenomenal price....and I DO mean phenomenal!!

In fact, I'll do the price through Monday but you can't order online...only via my cellphone and I can't post the price.

Have a great weekend.

bj

PLEASE DO NOT USE PM TO CONTACT ME.
USE http://support.vmpperformance.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

BJ McCarty, General Manager
VMP Performance
http://vmpperformance.com
(321) 206-9369 x 112
bj@vmpperformance.com
VNMOUS1 is offline  
post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013, 05:12 PM
Senior Member
 
skyrydr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: KC & Ozarks of MO
Posts: 537
 
Re: ford racing tvs 2.3 vs. whipple 2.9 vs vmp tvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNMOUS1 View Post
This...........
http://vmptuning.com/07-12-gt500-pow...t500jlt123pak/

This............
http://vmptuning.com/07-12-gt500-induction/72elbow11/

This............
http://vmptuning.com/superchargers/strippertvs/

This............
http://vmptuning.com/07-12-gt500-coo...fcohedualtank/

So, what you get is a VMP TVS "stripper", a VMP CNC port matched elbow, JLT 123mm intake, 2.50" pulley, 90mm idler, SCT X3 handheld device, VMP Custom tunes by Justin Starkey, AFCO Pro-Series Dual Fan heat exchanger, 3x tank.

Everything you need til you're ready for a larger throttle body or a lower damper.

$4677.98 list. It's Friday afternoon and I'm feeling a little loose with the boss's money.

SO.....if you or anyone wants this package, call my cell phone at **BJVMP (then hit send from your cellphone) and I'll get it out to you at a phenomenal price....and I DO mean phenomenal!!

In fact, I'll do the price through Monday but you can't order online...only via my cellphone and I can't post the price.

Have a great weekend.

bj

Bj,

Have a couple of questions for you:

1. Please tell me the difference between VMP package and Ford Racing package (13 TVS, elbow, 65mm tb) TVS. How much real difference is there besides the blower warranty. As far as a tune, you guys offer a tune for FR TVS 299 + 150. The ford TVS package can be bought for $2700, plus your tune for $450 = $3150 and you get the 65mm TB........ Can you beat that price (see #2 below)?

2. On your weekend package deal, PM me the price without SCT handheld, 2.5 pulley, 90mm idler, and AFCO HE (got these already). Can you add in a 65mm tb to the rest and still keep it phenomenal?

Thanks...
skyrydr is offline  
post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013, 05:56 PM
Senior Member
 
murrocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 981
 
Re: ford racing tvs 2.3 vs. whipple 2.9 vs vmp tvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
Great price for a great kit! If I had it to do all over again, I'd do the same thing I did the first time.

'09 GT500 Performance White / Vista Blue Stripes ~ Whipple 2.9, JLT 127mm CAI, FRPP CJ 65mm TB, 72lb injectors, IW + 10%, RXT clutch & flywheel, KB BAP, 3/4" lower billet motor mounts, BMR U&LCA's, FRPP Handling Package, DSS 1 Piece Drive Shaft, FRPP shifter, WMS Stealth Hood Pins, SOS Dual Pillar Gauge Pod / Cobalt Gauges, Magnaflow 3" Catted X Pipe / 3" Magnaflow Catbacks, NGK BREF plugs, AFCO Dual Fan HX, Large Coolant Resevoir, 170* t-stat, TOYO r888's, Lund Tune
murrocket is offline  
post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013, 08:47 PM
Supporting Vendor
 
VNMOUS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 9,930
 
Garage
Re: ford racing tvs 2.3 vs. whipple 2.9 vs vmp tvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrydr View Post
Bj,

Have a couple of questions for you:

1. Please tell me the difference between VMP package and Ford Racing package (13 TVS, elbow, 65mm tb) TVS. How much real difference is there besides the blower warranty. As far as a tune, you guys offer a tune for FR TVS 299 + 150. The ford TVS package can be bought for $2700, plus your tune for $450 = $3150 and you get the 65mm TB........ Can you beat that price (see #2 below)?

2. On your weekend package deal, PM me the price without SCT handheld, 2.5 pulley, 90mm idler, and AFCO HE (got these already). Can you add in a 65mm tb to the rest and still keep it phenomenal?

Thanks...
Wow, $2700 is a couple of hundred cheaper than even Tousley Ford Parts has offered it. That's cheap.

Now, to your question:

1. Ported inlet, cnc port matched elbow, different snout. It's all about airflow in these animals. And while you may not think warranty matters, I can tell you three of the Ford units that have crapped out in the past year. I know of one of ours that had a manufacturing flaw. Replaced under warranty. A few thousand bucks is a lotta dough to risk for a couple of hundred in my opinion. But then again people drive without insurance too.

The VMP TVS doesn't look like grandma's apple pie. I have NO idea of what the hell they were thinking on that one. I get the 5.8 since it's for their "halo" car....I get SVT. But the lattice work?


Short version on the Ford kit. They have nothing in the kit. They COULD charge even less than they do, but they won't. They put crap in that you don't need (belt, fuel rails, etc) and a nice throttle body. Realistically, you're getting a blower, a pulley you'll change out anyway, some junk and a throttle body for....let's call it $2700.

Now the math. Ours includes the pulley you'll actually want (add $150 to the price of the Ford, plus a pulley tool or maybe you can borrow one). Now you're at $2850. Add in the $150 premium that not only we but others charge for tunes for that blower. Sub total is now $3000.00. You still need tunes for both of them. $199.00

$3200 vs $3700. And you can get a Twin Jet 67mm throttle body with ours. Bigger. Better.

We're more expensive. When you look at the pieces and parts...factor in the warranty and unlimited tech support and the fact that every additional part you buy from us in the future will be tuned for at no charge......then it's up to the buyer to roll the dice. We know exactly how many of the Ford units have been sold. They're cheap. Money is hard to come by and we get it. That's why we create more value than Ford can through the warranty, tech support, service and calibrations. At the end of the day, you get what you pay for. Good or bad.

Wish I could sell ours cheaper, but I can't. A: Because we can't undercut our valuable dealers. B: Because we don't have 5000 'on car' units to force the manufacturer into lowball pricing. Trust me, they don't like it.


We're here when you need us. That's a good thing.

Oh, and your price for the special....email me please. I don't do ANY business on PM for security reasons. Thanks

bj

PLEASE DO NOT USE PM TO CONTACT ME.
USE http://support.vmpperformance.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

BJ McCarty, General Manager
VMP Performance
http://vmpperformance.com
(321) 206-9369 x 112
bj@vmpperformance.com
VNMOUS1 is offline  
post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013, 10:24 PM
Senior Member
 
skyrydr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: KC & Ozarks of MO
Posts: 537
 
Re: ford racing tvs 2.3 vs. whipple 2.9 vs vmp tvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNMOUS1 View Post
..........1. Ported inlet, cnc port matched elbow, different snout. It's all about airflow in these animals. And while you may not think warranty matters, I can tell you three of the Ford units that have crapped out in the past year. I know of one of ours that had a manufacturing flaw. Replaced under warranty. A few thousand bucks is a lotta dough to risk for a couple of hundred in my opinion. But then again people drive without insurance too....
So, are you saying the stock '13 5.8 TVS are prone to issues? Even more so than the '10 thru '12 M122's? Please clarify...... thanks.

Will send you an email for the price........
skyrydr is offline  
post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-31-2013, 03:53 AM
Supporting Vendor
 
VNMOUS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 9,930
 
Garage
Re: ford racing tvs 2.3 vs. whipple 2.9 vs vmp tvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrydr View Post
So, are you saying the stock '13 5.8 TVS are prone to issues? Even more so than the '10 thru '12 M122's? Please clarify...... thanks.

Will send you an email for the price........
No, I didn't say that at all.

Bj McCarty
Business Manager
VMP Tuning
Bj@vmptuning.com
(321) 206-9369 x 112
Cellular **bjvmp (send)

PLEASE DO NOT USE PM TO CONTACT ME.
USE http://support.vmpperformance.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

BJ McCarty, General Manager
VMP Performance
http://vmpperformance.com
(321) 206-9369 x 112
bj@vmpperformance.com
VNMOUS1 is offline  
post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-31-2013, 06:37 AM
Senior Member
 
Tuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 252
 
Re: ford racing tvs 2.3 vs. whipple 2.9 vs vmp tvs

The VMP TVS doesn't look like grandma's apple pie. I have NO idea of what the hell they were thinking on that one. I get the 5.8 since it's for their "halo" car....I get SVT. But the lattice work?

Short version on the Ford kit. They have nothing in the kit. They COULD charge even less than they do, but they won't. They put crap in that you don't need (belt, fuel rails, etc) and a nice throttle body. Realistically, you're getting a blower, a pulley you'll change out anyway, some junk and a throttle body for....let's call it $2700.

That's why we create more value than Ford can through the warranty, tech support, service and calibrations. At the end of the day, you get what you pay for. Good or bad.

BJ

I love my Apple Pie along with a Side of (belt, fuel rails, etc and 65 mm TB). Oh yeah used all of them.

Warranty:Ford Designed this Blower to go 5 years/60 miles under warranty ( I was willing to take my chances )

And at the end of my day this proved to be a very good investment for the power level I was looking for.


Tuna

Tuna,


2007 GT500
2013 TVS, 2.4 Upper,IW 10% Lower,65mm TB, Metco Aux. Idler,JLT Big Air,JLT Oil Seperators,72lb Injectors
AFCO Dual Pass, Roush Intercooler Tank, TR6 Plugs,Kooks LT O/R H-Pipe,Dynotech,Mcleod Prototype
Borla Touring,Barton Shifter,BMR Lower Control Arms,Eradispeed 2 Piece Rotors,D-Specs, Eibach Pro Kit,Shelbly CS40's with Nitto Nt555 265/35/20 and Toyo R888 285/35/20
Pro Dyno Custom Tune 752/rwhp 737/rwtq 21lbs Boost on Pump Gas
10.78 @ 130.40 with 3.31 Gears
Tuna is offline  
post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-31-2013, 08:12 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Milford, MI
Posts: 63
 
Re: ford racing tvs 2.3 vs. whipple 2.9 vs vmp tvs

The thing though to really consider is you can get the Ford TVS as a brand new take off for $2k or less. Pretty good deal for the money in my opinion. They have them at Rehagan Racing. How much does a 2.9 Whipple kit cost?
kkosh is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Shelby GT500 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTS Ford Racing TVS, BPS 2.385 upper and VMP Plenium autoxstang Parts For Sale/Wanted 2 02-23-2013 11:38 PM
VMP TVS or FR Whipple questions 4 those that have. Goose17 General Discussion 44 08-21-2012 08:19 AM
VMP TVS or Ford Racing 2.9 Whipple for 2011 aso544 General Discussion 27 03-21-2012 10:01 AM
Wanted: Kenne Bell, Whipple, VMP TVS Redline Parts For Sale/Wanted 0 03-07-2012 08:47 PM
WTB: Kenne Bell, VMP TVS, Whipple 2.9L, etc Redline Parts For Sale/Wanted 3 12-18-2011 08:07 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome