L&M NSR cams installed. - Ford Shelby GT500 Forum
Performance Modifications You've gotten your GT500, now let's improve what Ford gave us!

14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
L&M NSR cams installed.

Purposely lost 100 pound feet of torque on the hit to pick up 80 rwhp above 5000rpm. Next week I am gonna put Christine on FTW fuel and let her eat.

Now, if it weren't 90f and 3,000 DA every day

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-03-2017, 05:14 PM

Re: L&M NSR cams installed.

Have you driven it on the street yet? if so can you feel the loss of torque and does the hp gain feel worth it?
I'm debating on getting these for the next mod, problem is if I go that far I might as well do the oil pump, then while I have the balancer off it would be easy to throw on a 10%, then I will surely max out my 56s so I'm probably gonna need id1000's and a boost a pump, not sure if I can live off of top ramen for a year...

2008 GT500, VMP gen 2, VMP 67 tb, JLT ca kit, 56 inj, cats gone, 3.73's MGW gen2, nitrous express plate kit currently at 50.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-04-2017, 08:32 AM Thread Starter

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by avgt500 View Post
Have you driven it on the street yet? if so can you feel the loss of torque and does the hp gain feel worth it?
I'm debating on getting these for the next mod, problem is if I go that far I might as well do the oil pump, then while I have the balancer off it would be easy to throw on a 10%, then I will surely max out my 56s so I'm probably gonna need id1000's and a boost a pump, not sure if I can live off of top ramen for a year...
Because of the lope there is a slight difference in the way you leave a stopsign but there's no loss of driveability, per se.

You wouldn't feel a loss of torque in everyday driving nor on the track. Your short times at the track will generally improve with less torque as it won't be so hard to launch.

Fueling is dependent upon what you want to do with the car. Are you adding cams primarily for power? Then you'll need fueling. If you want a little more power and primarily looking for old school sound, you may be ok with the 56s and a booster. You would need to log and review.

avgt500 likes this.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 06:32 AM

Garage

BJ,

What would you guys typically charge (Or just the number of hours) for the install of these, Motor in Car obviously?

You can PM if you'd prefer not post it around. Mostly just curious on the hours.

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 07:34 AM

Cars with only 3 digit horsepower numbers are weak.

WOW!
VNMOUS1 likes this.

2007 Shelby GT-500
Performance White with Vista Blue LeMans and Side Stripes

VMP Gen II, 94 Oct VMP Tune, VMP 67MM TB, 2.5" pulley, '08 damper, 56lb injectors, VMP Dual BAP, Brisk plugs, JLT 127MM CAI, VMP Triple Pass HE with fans, VMP 3X Reservoir
FRPP/Tokico Struts, UPR LCA, Eibach Pro Kit Springs, Fays2 Watts Link, FRPP 3.73, Borla S-type axle back, JTL Oil Separators
Polk Audio db571 speakers
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 08:19 AM Thread Starter

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce88 View Post
BJ,

What would you guys typically charge (Or just the number of hours) for the install of these, Motor in Car obviously?

You can PM if you'd prefer not post it around. Mostly just curious on the hours.
Sorry so long for an answer. I don't get notifications.

15 hours @ 100.

Engine must come out or add 6 hours.

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 09:11 AM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNMOUS1 View Post
Sorry so long for an answer. I don't get notifications.

15 hours @ 100.

Engine must come out or add 6 hours.

Out of curiosity, how long does it take to pull the motor? Does the 6 hours wash out compared to R&I of the motor?
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 09:22 AM Thread Starter

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartman View Post
Out of curiosity, how long does it take to pull the motor? Does the 6 hours wash out compared to R&I of the motor?
About 2 hours. The issues are:

With motor in-

the drivers side valve cover is a real treat to R&R. I've done it a couple of times and its a PITA of monumental proportions

you're going to have to pull the front cover anyway so it's much easier to get to everything with the engine out

the rearward exhaust followers are a monumental pain in the ass to deal with due to the crap in the way (brake booster, lines, etc) and the fact that it's WAY down there.

With the motor out-

No valve covers to screw with.

Front cover MUCH easier to get to and remove

Much easier to check for unobstructed turning as you install each cap.

Much easier to get pulleys and belts back on

Much easier to assure you don't have crap bound or pinched as you put the valve covers and stuff back on (as me how i know said the man that was "missing" a fuel injector connector on the drivers side)

So, it's better all the way around to pull the motor.

bj
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 09:29 AM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNMOUS1 View Post
About 2 hours. The issues are:

With motor in-

the drivers side valve cover is a real treat to R&R. I've done it a couple of times and its a PITA of monumental proportions

you're going to have to pull the front cover anyway so it's much easier to get to everything with the engine out

the rearward exhaust followers are a monumental pain in the ass to deal with due to the crap in the way (brake booster, lines, etc) and the fact that it's WAY down there.

With the motor out-

No valve covers to screw with.

Front cover MUCH easier to get to and remove

Much easier to check for unobstructed turning as you install each cap.

Much easier to get pulleys and belts back on

Much easier to assure you don't have crap bound or pinched as you put the valve covers and stuff back on (as me how i know said the man that was "missing" a fuel injector connector on the drivers side)

So, it's better all the way around to pull the motor.

bj

Having never pulled a motor, I always thought it would be a monumental task but you make it sound easy here.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 09:33 AM Thread Starter

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartman View Post
Having never pulled a motor, I always thought it would be a monumental task but you make it sound easy here.
I didn't say that. I said it much better to do so.

Figure 2 hours out....3 to 4 back in....provided that nothing goes sideways. Much less chance of that happening with the motor out than doing it in the car.

bj
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Shelby GT500 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.