Nitto NT555 G2 vs Michelin Super Sports - Ford Shelby GT500 Forum
Wheels & Tires For (almost) all things alloy, steel and rubber.
Sponsored by:

 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 179
 
Nitto NT555 G2 vs Michelin Super Sports

I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on a set of new tires and based on the reading I've done I was going to go with the MPSS.

I was at my tire dealership today to get some pricing and he suggested I consider the Nitto NT555 G2 as well. The price difference was unbelievable. The Nittos were about $800 cheaper for the set compared to the Michelin's.

I was wondering if anyone had experience with the the above and what they thought.

Would the Nittos be a good choice considering the price difference.

Thanks is advance.


2011 Black/Matte Black Stripes - Ported and Polished POSI M122 Eaton with 2.4" Pulley, Stoptech Drilled and Slotted Rotors, BMR LCA, BMR Adjustable LCA Brackets, BMR Adjustable UCA, BMR UCA Mount, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Panhard Bar Support, JLT 127mm CAI, FRPP 65MM CJ Throttle Body, 55lb Injectors, Metco Idler Pulley, VMP Fuel Pump Booster, MGW Gen2 Shifter, Tuned By Lund Racing using nGuage, Shelby Venice Wheels, Nitto NT 555G2 Tires, MRT Rear Louvers
VazO is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 04:11 PM
Member
 
78ta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Nashville Tn
Posts: 245
 
Re: Nitto NT555 G2 vs Michelin Super Sports

Stay away from Michelin MPSS 295/35/20 on stock svt pp 20x9 wheel as I and many others expierence the death wobble accelerating. I thought you were going to widen your stock svt pp wheels.

2011 glass roof,svtpp,nav, Vmp Gen2, 2.4 pulley, Vmp Twin Jet 67mm Throttle Body, 56# Injectors, 90mm idler, Pmas 123 mm Cold Air Kit, Brisk Spark Plugs, Sct X4, 170 Reische 170 Thermostat, Shelby Big Brake Kit, Lowering Springs, Boss 302 Exhaust With Electric Cut Outs, Custom Mobile Dynojet Tuned By Justin Starkey Vmp At Nmra Bowling Green Jlt oil seperator, Afco Duel Fan Heat Exchanger
78ta is offline  
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 179
 
Re: Nitto NT555 G2 vs Michelin Super Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78ta View Post
Stay away from Michelin MPSS 295/35/20 on stock svt pp 20x9 wheel as I and many others expierence the death wobble accelerating. I thought you were going to widen your stock svt pp wheels.

Yes, widening my stock SVTPP rims was going to be what I was going to do but after some research, the cost of widening the stock SVTPP rims along with shipping back and forth from Canada made no sense cost wise (about $1400) so I opted for a new set of rims and tires and store the stock ones and possibly sell them later.

I bought a set of Shelby Venice rims and the rears are 10.5".

Would there still be an issue with the wobble with the MPSS?

Thanks
VazO is offline  
 
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 05:14 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 134
 
Garage
Re: Nitto NT555 G2 vs Michelin Super Sports

I have 295/35/20 on stock rims with no issues.
Bartman is online now  
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 05:48 PM
Moderator Dude
 
Goose17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: DFW
Posts: 18,530
 
Garage
Re: Nitto NT555 G2 vs Michelin Super Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartman View Post
I have 295/35/20 on stock rims with no issues.
Welcome to the forum Bartman!

Here is the new member area:

New Member Introductions - Ford Shelby GT500 Forum
Goose17 is online now  
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 06:12 PM
Member
 
78ta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Nashville Tn
Posts: 245
 
Re: Nitto NT555 G2 vs Michelin Super Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by VazO View Post
Yes, widening my stock SVTPP rims was going to be what I was going to do but after some research, the cost of widening the stock SVTPP rims along with shipping back and forth from Canada made no sense cost wise (about $1400) so I opted for a new set of rims and tires and store the stock ones and possibly sell them later.

I bought a set of Shelby Venice rims and the rears are 10.5".

Would there still be an issue with the wobble with the MPSS?

Thanks
Michelin has come out with the new PS4 that has different tread and compounds so don't know how these will work on our cars but seems to be the 295/3520 is the problem on stock SVT PP wheels. I am looking for 2 SVT PP wheels 20x9 the have widened but like you said it's very expensive. I don't think you will have any problems with the wider wheels. Good luck and post pics of new wheels and tire combo tou choose.

2011 glass roof,svtpp,nav, Vmp Gen2, 2.4 pulley, Vmp Twin Jet 67mm Throttle Body, 56# Injectors, 90mm idler, Pmas 123 mm Cold Air Kit, Brisk Spark Plugs, Sct X4, 170 Reische 170 Thermostat, Shelby Big Brake Kit, Lowering Springs, Boss 302 Exhaust With Electric Cut Outs, Custom Mobile Dynojet Tuned By Justin Starkey Vmp At Nmra Bowling Green Jlt oil seperator, Afco Duel Fan Heat Exchanger
78ta is offline  
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 179
 
Re: Nitto NT555 G2 vs Michelin Super Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78ta View Post
Michelin has come out with the new PS4 that has different tread and compounds so don't know how these will work on our cars but seems to be the 295/3520 is the problem on stock SVT PP wheels. I am looking for 2 SVT PP wheels 20x9 the have widened but like you said it's very expensive. I don't think you will have any problems with the wider wheels. Good luck and post pics of new wheels and tire combo tou choose.
Thanks I will definitely post pictures once it comes out of storage.

I'm hoping someone can chime in about the Nittos and there experience and comparison to the MPSS.


2011 Black/Matte Black Stripes - Ported and Polished POSI M122 Eaton with 2.4" Pulley, Stoptech Drilled and Slotted Rotors, BMR LCA, BMR Adjustable LCA Brackets, BMR Adjustable UCA, BMR UCA Mount, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Panhard Bar Support, JLT 127mm CAI, FRPP 65MM CJ Throttle Body, 55lb Injectors, Metco Idler Pulley, VMP Fuel Pump Booster, MGW Gen2 Shifter, Tuned By Lund Racing using nGuage, Shelby Venice Wheels, Nitto NT 555G2 Tires, MRT Rear Louvers
VazO is offline  
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 06:23 PM
Member
 
78ta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Nashville Tn
Posts: 245
 
Re: Nitto NT555 G2 vs Michelin Super Sports

http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/5-ge...k-slapper.html. Pm Geiger as he has nittos on order.

2011 glass roof,svtpp,nav, Vmp Gen2, 2.4 pulley, Vmp Twin Jet 67mm Throttle Body, 56# Injectors, 90mm idler, Pmas 123 mm Cold Air Kit, Brisk Spark Plugs, Sct X4, 170 Reische 170 Thermostat, Shelby Big Brake Kit, Lowering Springs, Boss 302 Exhaust With Electric Cut Outs, Custom Mobile Dynojet Tuned By Justin Starkey Vmp At Nmra Bowling Green Jlt oil seperator, Afco Duel Fan Heat Exchanger
78ta is offline  
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 07:17 PM
RoseBud
 
COOL COBRA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: SOUTHERN MISSOURI & love it too...
Posts: 8,837
 
Re: Nitto NT555 G2 vs Michelin Super Sports

Eric Vaughn. Vaughn Machine. 626-358-6413. He's the #1 wheel widening Guru.


2013 GT 500, Recaro's, Widened Alcoas, Toyo 888's.
BMR Suspension by Revan Racing, Alpine sound, Custom Paint by Jeff. Power by VMP, Shine by BPS
04' Mach 1, Procharged, Kooks, 475 RWHP. Custom Paint by Jeff. 19k
04' CO Terminator Vert, 505 RWHP, PosiPort.
04' CO Terminator Vert. Stock. Sold
04' CO Terminator Vert. 600 RWHP. Sold
03' SB Terminator Vert, 605 RWHP, VMP Tuned
COOL COBRA is offline  
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 07:58 AM
Member
 
sundaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Oxford, MD
Posts: 157
 
Re: Nitto NT555 G2 vs Michelin Super Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by VazO View Post
I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on a set of new tires and based on the reading I've done I was going to go with the MPSS.

I was at my tire dealership today to get some pricing and he suggested I consider the Nitto NT555 G2 as well. The price difference was unbelievable. The Nittos were about $800 cheaper for the set compared to the Michelin's.

I was wondering if anyone had experience with the the above and what they thought.

Would the Nittos be a good choice considering the price difference.

Thanks is advance.
I've picked up a set of Venice wheels after researching widening the stock rear wheels with about the same results.....

Looking for feed back too!

I spoke with my local tire shop about tires and he is steering me towards the Nitto's NT555 G2 also.
He had the MPSS on his Camaro and he was not really thrilled....commenting more negative in 40 to 50 degree clear sunny days..kind of the death wobble on hard acceleration.......he switched over to the Nitto's and is much more happy.
With the cost difference...I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on the Nitto's in the next couple of weeks.

305/35R20 outback...275/35R20 up front....

Dave
mid-shore MD



JLT CAI, Aeroforce Interceptor w/vent pod, SOS w/ Cobalt Vac/Boost & Oil Pressure
2.5" pulley
VMP Triple Pass HE w/170 T-Stat
Lethal Off Road H-Pipe

VMP Tuned

For Sale......

http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/12-c...ack-gt500.html
sundaze is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Shelby GT500 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
(2) Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 275/40/19 Tightlines Parts For Sale/Wanted 6 04-01-2014 08:18 PM
New Shoes - Michelin Pilot Super Sports ljn21 Wheels & Tires 7 06-10-2013 12:36 PM
Michelin Pilot Super Sports wore out venom3 Wheels & Tires 12 04-22-2013 03:40 PM
2 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, 295/35/20 aclass Parts For Sale/Wanted 7 03-10-2013 07:31 PM
Michelin Pilot Sports or Super Sports?? blk12svt Wheels & Tires 10 07-19-2012 09:26 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome