Gt500 shelby 2014 max tire sizes - Ford Shelby GT500 Forum
General Discussion General Discussion about the Ford GT500

 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 22
 
Gt500 shelby 2014 max tire sizes

Are the max tire sizes for the 2014 gt500 275 front and 295 rear?Going to order the MPSS want to put the widest on possible
GT500S is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 10:23 AM
Senior Member
 
stkjock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,704
 
Re: Gt500 shelby 2014 max tire sizes

no

if you use the search feature you'll find many threads on tire size.

CORN POWERED-4.0L WHIPPLE BLOWN-L&M Engines Built-Lund Racing Tuned

Gone but not forgotten Vortech Blown Vert 11.49 @ 121.45
stkjock is offline  
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 11:38 AM
Senior Member
 
T3RMIN8TOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 409
 
Re: Gt500 shelby 2014 max tire sizes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT500S View Post
Are the max tire sizes for the 2014 gt500 275 front and 295 rear?Going to order the MPSS want to put the widest on possible
Yes, and that's what I put on mine. World of a difference!!


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2013 Fully Loaded

Mods:Ported TVS 2.3, XBA Elbow, KB 168mm TB, JLT 155mm CAI, ATI 10% Lower, 2.4 Upper, Gates Blue Belt, Thump Tensioner, Metco Idler, ID 1300's, KB BAP, 170* Thermostat, Steeda Lowering Springs, Steeda Chasis X Brace, Cortex Watts Link, Cortex Torque Arm, Cortex Adj. LCA's, ARH 1 7/8'' LT With O/R X Pipe, and SW Cat Back, SS Clutch and Brake Lines, McLeod RXT, MGW 2, VMP TP H/E, BMR Front Sway Bar + End Links, Canton Fuel Filter, E85 Lund Tune = 830rwhp + 845tq
T3RMIN8TOR is offline  
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 02:00 PM
Senior Member
 
stkjock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,704
 
Re: Gt500 shelby 2014 max tire sizes

you can fit bigger rear tires than a 295 on a 13+ Shebly

CORN POWERED-4.0L WHIPPLE BLOWN-L&M Engines Built-Lund Racing Tuned

Gone but not forgotten Vortech Blown Vert 11.49 @ 121.45
stkjock is offline  
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 02:27 PM
Senior Member
 
TrakRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Seattle
Posts: 405
 
Re: Gt500 shelby 2014 max tire sizes

Metric ton of variables and threads about this. Stock wheels? Aftermarket? Widened? Lowered?


'67 Coupe, '00 Exploder Limited, '11 GT500 Griggs Racing GR40SS - VMP TVS
TrakRat is offline  
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 03:13 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 772
 
Re: Gt500 shelby 2014 max tire sizes

295's are largest for stock, rear, PP rims without bulging. I put 285's on the front to successfully reduce the front end from scraping the lower splitter. My car handles just fine, way better that the GY's!
440sprint is offline  
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 22
 
Re: Gt500 shelby 2014 max tire sizes

Tires are going on Alcoa 50TH wheels, 20x9.5 front and 20x10 rear.Want to order the Michelin MPSS was hoping for 285 front and somebody mentioned 315 rear??
GT500S is offline  
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 10:25 PM
Senior Member
 
Madlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,022
 
Re: Gt500 shelby 2014 max tire sizes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT500S View Post
Tires are going on Alcoa 50TH wheels, 20x9.5 front and 20x10 rear.Want to order the Michelin MPSS was hoping for 285 front and somebody mentioned 315 rear??

Aha! There's the rest of the story. This isn't just about tire size. It's about what tire, by what maker on what wheel with what offset with which suspension. Whether the tire rubs circumferentially, protrudes or you need to start hacking away bits of your suspension is a product of all the above.

You're not likely to find a 315 for anything narrower than 10.5" wheels. But not all makers' 315s are the same diameter - nor do they have the same tread or sidewall width. A 315/35-20 Conti DWS barely rubs under full compression on a 10" wheel. On an 11" wheel, it likely wouldn't. It also wouldn't sit so proud of the fender well. But if you've changed your suspension setup, you've reset the entire equation.

If you have a particular set of wheels and tires in mind, the question usually becomes self-answering by the tire sizes available. About the only option becomes what size fronts to choose - which will greatly impact ride quality and the car's steering balance.

2013 Coupe Race Red on Performance White Electronics Package Glass Roof Performance Package Track Package Recaro Seats Shaker Pro Car Cover

2013 Convertible Race Red on Performance White Electronics Package Performance Package Recaro Seats Shaker Pro Car Cover

2012 BOSS 302 Coupe Performance White on Race Red Recaro Seats and Helical Differential Car Cover

2014 GT Premium Coupe Oxford White 401 Brick Red & Cashmere 6AT Glass Roof Brembos
Madlock is offline  
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013, 05:46 AM
Funky Spunky
 
03reptile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Gaithersburg, Md.
Posts: 4,390
 
Send a message via AIM to 03reptile
Re: Gt500 shelby 2014 max tire sizes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madlock View Post
Aha! There's the rest of the story. This isn't just about tire size. It's about what tire, by what maker on what wheel with what offset with which suspension. Whether the tire rubs circumferentially, protrudes or you need to start hacking away bits of your suspension is a product of all the above.

You're not likely to find a 315 for anything narrower than 10.5" wheels. But not all makers' 315s are the same diameter - nor do they have the same tread or sidewall width. A 315/35-20 Conti DWS barely rubs under full compression on a 10" wheel. On an 11" wheel, it likely wouldn't. It also wouldn't sit so proud of the fender well. But if you've changed your suspension setup, you've reset the entire equation.

If you have a particular set of wheels and tires in mind, the question usually becomes self-answering by the tire sizes available. About the only option becomes what size fronts to choose - which will greatly impact ride quality and the car's steering balance.
Well Said, Madlock.
03reptile is offline  
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013, 07:52 AM
Senior Member
 
stkjock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,704
 
Re: Gt500 shelby 2014 max tire sizes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrakRat View Post
Metric ton of variables and threads about this. Stock wheels? Aftermarket? Widened? Lowered?
/\ This & \/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madlock View Post
Aha! There's the rest of the story. This isn't just about tire size. It's about what tire, by what maker on what wheel with what offset with which suspension. Whether the tire rubs circumferentially, protrudes or you need to start hacking away bits of your suspension is a product of all the above.
IMHO a 315/35ZR20 will be ok on a 10" rim, is it optimal, nope, will it work, IMO yes. It's spec'd for a 10.5" min rim, to me, based on my experience and readings, a .5" difference is doable. It will be a tall tire at 28.7" and could cause rubbing issues if you're lowered.

a 305/30/20 is probably a better choice.

CORN POWERED-4.0L WHIPPLE BLOWN-L&M Engines Built-Lund Racing Tuned

Gone but not forgotten Vortech Blown Vert 11.49 @ 121.45
stkjock is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Shelby GT500 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rear tire sizes fayo16 Wheel & Tire Section 18 01-24-2013 08:46 PM
Tire Sizes MI GT500 General Discussion 5 10-02-2012 06:32 AM
Tire sizes on a 2012 GT500 icar General Discussion 2 02-22-2012 10:47 PM
Tire sizes Spazpilot General Discussion 3 02-05-2011 06:10 PM
What tire sizes if you switch to 20's?? JINXER General Discussion 11 05-26-2009 05:24 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome