Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brake Pad Advice

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  ebjost 
#1 ·
Hi Guys

I recently upgraded my rotors and went with a set of drilled and slotted STOPTECH rotors and a set of PowerStop Ceramic Pads. They perform well and I expected that with the drilled and slotted rotors I would get some brake dust but MAN! I can't believe how much brake dust i'm getting. I am actually considering trying another brake pad. What are you guys using for brake pads that would fall into a low dust application and would work well with my rotors?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I am using the Duralast cmax ceramic pad from autozone. It is a relatively inexpensive pad but it bites very well and absolutely no brake dust. That is important especially with chrome wheels. [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Yes! These are popular with members.

I was unable to get a set of front/back pads from my local Autozone, so I hit Pep Boys and got their brand of ceramic pads called Prostop. They work great and have zero dust. No complaints. No dust on my shiny wheels!

#8 ·
Thanks guys

Is CMAX the brand? I went to Autozone and found Duralast MAX Premium Ceramic. Part number was DGC1001 for the front for a 2011 GT500. Are these the ones you guys are referring to as the CMAX pads?

I contacted autozone and they said they don't carry the CMAX pads for my car.

#12 ·
CMAX was the name they used to give them. I believe they changed the branding name a couple years ago.

#9 ·
With OEM rotors, I had Hawk HPS. Zero dust.

I now have Stoptech slotted rotors front and rear with Hawk HPS 5.0 pads. No dust and they have a much better initial bite than the "old" HPS.

If you ever consider tracking/driver development, per Hawk, you can swap out their HPS with their more aggressive pads (I use DTC 70) without worrying about the different pad materials and bed-in limitations.

#10 ·
I'm running Carbotech 1521's. No dust, super performance, and no embarrassing squeak!

#13 ·
I just installed a set of Autozone Duralast MAX Ceramics and have a good initial impression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.