Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Care and Feeding Of Shelby Stripes

3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Goose17 
#1 ·
Did I get you to look? Great.

I have a 2008 GT500, Vapor with Ebony stirpes. Would love to get them painted on but thats not in the budget.
But My question. The black stripes just don't look really great. The surface of the stripes always feels a little rough. I have used polish on them which seems to reduce swirls and light scratching then a coat of wax but it doesn't last.

Now as the subject mentioned, any suggestions on how to maintain the "Shelby Stripes"? Thanks

#2 ·
Gloss stripes are easy. Treat them just like paint. Matte stripes are a little more challenging - some tape them off and avoid waxing. Others just wax them.

I have gloss white stripes and use my DA buffer with Liquid Glass. They shine!

#3 ·
Thanks. Have Gloss stripes. Haven't used a DA yet, but have used both glaze, polish and wax The other problem is helping them maintain the gloss and depth

#5 ·
Did I get you to look? Great. Now as the subject mentioned, any suggestions on how to maintain the "Shelby Stripes"? Thanks

Yeah, you got me to look....I was confused because there are NO STRIPES on my Shelby???? :lol:

I have been using Meguiars Ultimate Quick Wax (spray) and Ultimate Quick Detailer (spray) for years now because you can spray them on quick, wipe them off right away (no buffing, no dry time), and they never leave a white residue on anything. So you can spray vinyl stripes, rubber bumper pads, plastic bumper and bedliner caps, ANYTHING, and it will just leave them slick and shiny.....no more worrying about white wax residue on black moldings, etc. etc. It's the easiest and longest protection I have ever come across.....something about the hydrophobic polymer formula really creates long lasting, water-beading protection. The Quick Detailer seems to last as long as the Quick Wax, (I've seen no difference), so I get whatever is on sale. It has really made car maintenance so much easier than the old days when I had a million cleaners/glazes/waxes/detailers/etc. etc.........now, about that 15,000 mile-once a year oil change......:lol: :lol:

#10 ·
Ive been using The Chemical Guys Matte Detail Spray on my stripes since the start of the summer. Spray it on and wipe it off, whats nice is that the overspray wipes right off the paint. Ive been using that on the black matte plastic exterior parts also and it doesnt make the black glossy but, it adds a nice depth to it.

#12 ·
I use Croftgate. Mostly there Quick and slick detail spray. Stripes and entire car actually are slick as glass! Spray on your microfiber cloth whip and shine off with another microfiber cloth. Super easy!

Reactions: ihaterice
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.