Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shelby got some love: clay/polish

2K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Snoopy49 
#1 ·
This evening, it was the Shelby's turn for some TLC. It got dusted, cleaned with detail spray, clay-barred and then polished with 6" and 3" Griots DA polishers using Liquid Glass Legend. I finished the night by cleaning the wheels and windows. The outside is DONE! Almost make one not want to drive it... NOT!:bluecap:

31,000 miles later, it still shines and is silly fun to hammer on.

This is also my first summer with AC in the big garage. It was triple digits outside and 74 degrees inside. It makes projects like this much more enjoyable.

See less See more
#3 ·
#10 ·
Looks Fab Goose.... still a stunner!

Reactions: Goose17
#11 ·
I don't want to hear this. My car is all nice and shiny sitting in my garage under a cover almost like in winter storage. I am sitting in Denver until Friday then home for a few days of yard work then back to the Bio Hazard city of Portland OR for three weeks. Then back home for two weeks then Irvine CA for a few weeks then home then Berkeley then Omaha then ST Louis. The way my summer is going I might put a thousand mile on it this year. Most years I put seven or eight thousand on it.

Also I put a ceiling fan in my garage along with a window AC unit so when I am there working on stuff I can keep cool.

Later

#12 · (Edited)
Goose, did you get a chance to use the clay block? I was going to call it a "Love Sponge", but found that name was already used by another product and wasn't really appropriate for exterior auto usage.

#13 ·
Goose, did you get a chance to use clay block? I was going to call it a "Love Sponge", but found that name was already used by another product and wasn't really appropriate for exterior auto usage.
Yes! I've already used it on my son's Mustang, my F150 and the Shelby. Works great! I've used traditional clay many times, but won't be going back. I love the love sponge.

#14 ·

Love Sponge?

Do you have a link? A work and child safe link?

Lol

#15 ·
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.