Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Takata contemplating filing bankruptcy

2007 - 2014 
4K views 31 replies 16 participants last post by  kazman59 
#1 ·
No Surprise here. I wonder who will pick up the pieces? Ford? you and me?

#3 · (Edited)
Well hello my friend!! How are ya? It was on the MSN news site. I got mine done this august. The dealer had to order it after they got clearance from ford my VIN # was up.

Keep in mind Takata has not filed as yet, but I thought I would light a fire under those who may be procrastinating in case this led to more delays.

#7 ·
Thanks for the fire. I've been on the fence regarding local dealers. But I'm leaning towards Tasca Ford, a subsidiary of the Rhode Island dealer. From Goose's pictures, it looks like a straightforward job. But I have trust issues regarding dealers in general.

I've been doing well, but between house and son, not much extra money for Shelby updates. I did fix the stereo last year, and that was some coin. My main Shelby goal this year is tires, and fixing the front bumper (somebody kissed the bumper last year, so there's a bit of an indentation to take care of).

How about you?

#5 ·
Got mine done last summer. As with any recall it's best to jump on it as soon as you can. I'm not sure where Ford's liability is if the Takata goes belly up...

#6 ·
I got my drivers side done in the summer but I got a notice for the passengers side a few months back. They didn't have the replacement in for it yet. I guess I need to call my ford guy and find out if they have them now. I also got one on my Escalade.

#8 ·
Just back from vac. today. Well November ROTM for 1 thing! But no new items to report. A new altenator will be on the list for spring. Cant seem to keep a battery fully charged unless it gets started more than twice a week.

I remember you were looking to refurbish your rims or look for new?

#15 ·
seems like our cars eat batteries and altenators I have always got 10-12 yrs out of these factory components.

#17 ·
It will be interesting to see how the chips fall. Read that Honda is now being sued as they suspected a problem back in 1999.

#19 ·

Yes, received one almost 2 weeks ago

It means, if we don't opt out, we stand to gain about $4.28 in two or three years...

#24 ·
^^^^^This.

#22 ·

Notice I said, about. lol

#25 ·
Yes, they are spending about $10,000,000 notifying all of us we are screwed because Takita is filing bankruptcy and we aren't getting squat. We just get to drive around numerous vehicles with defective bombs in the dash and/or steering wheel. Actually, I am surprised they didn't do this long ago.

Tom

#26 · (Edited)
Another Takata Fatality !!!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...o-stop-driving-after-air-bag-death/ar-AAuzlcb

I feel my blood pressure rising !!!:flame:

I may consider unplugging both front air bags and or finding or making a bypass end plug so the dash light goes out.

Hate hate hate air bags, it might be worth the risk if I were one of these people that like to do 80+ MPH weaving through

traffic on the freeway. But I dont so they have no purpose for me other than frustration and aggravation and fear of death.

I certainly dont need them on this car that I drive less than 1000 mi. a year and never on the highway.

disclaimer: (this extreme measure is neither recommended nor endorsed my me). just a hotheaded reaction to a lifelong disdain for an exploding device pointed in my face. :worried:

#27 ·
Another Takata Fatality !!!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...o-stop-driving-after-air-bag-death/ar-AAuzlcb

I feel my blood pressure rising !!!:flame:

I may consider unplugging both front air bags and or finding or making a bypass end plug so the dash light goes out.

Hate hate hate air bags, it might be worth the risk if I were one of these people that like to do 80+ MPH weaving through

traffic on the freeway. But I dont so they have no purpose for me other than frustration and aggravation and fear of death.

I certainly dont need them on this car that I drive less than 1000 mi. a year and never on the highway.
Yes! I had just posted the same story:

http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/129...ses-some-ranger-owners-park-their-trucks.html

#28 ·
I have recalls on both sides on mine, and every time I call the dealer they tell me they have no parts in-stock. In my small city we only have one dealer, I may have to drive to another city to make this happen. I did not know these things are loaded grenades.
Scary, good thing its not my daily driver.

#32 ·

^ +1.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.